Brum fans views on Monk

Guest domSWFC

2 hours ago, dowls said:

Boro were 8th when they sacked Monk, a day before Carlos walked.  Our fan base was gutted Boro went and got Pulis at that time. 

We we were using the old, if Boro can sack Monk and their in 8th argument at the time, and they can see Pulis is available sonhave gone for a tried and trusted champ manager.

Now some are using the old — need to gamble on young untried manager argument over appointing and experienced manager be that Pulis or Monk.

Not easy running a club. 

Certainly not I.

I will be honest, I have never considered Monk.   I suppose I shall have to give him time to see what he's about, because other than when he was at Leeds I haven't really taken notice of him.

I am of the opinion that we have Monk at this moment in time because he finally agreed to one term that others did not:   Bullen remaining on board.

1 hour ago, Animis said:

And they finished that day 3 points off the play offs:

1   Wolves 23 26 54
2   Cardiff 23 15 47

3   Derby 23 17 44
4   Bristol City 23 13 44
5   Leeds 23 9 39
6   Aston Villa 23 9 38

7   Sheff Utd 23 7 38
8   Preston 23 4 36
9   Middlesbrough 23 7 35
10   Ipswich 23 4 35
11   Fulham 23 0 32

1030177015_MickMcCarthy.gif.72c2e3b124ab7c5b18381e8e3073c6c9.gif

We desperately need new coaches at the club Monk will be bringing in some new faces surely. Clotet deserves the chance to show what we could do but i'd certainly take him as an assistant if the stars align and Monk can bring him in.

Edited by TrueOwl

47 minutes ago, TrueOwl said:

We desperately need new coaches at the club Monk will be bringing in some new faces surely. Clotet deserves the chance to show what we could do but i'd certainly take him as an assistant if the stars align and Monk can bring him in.

Agree with this

Whatever we’ve been doing behind the scenes has seen us fall short

Its time to crack on with a new approach 

2 hours ago, TrueOwl said:

We do definitely need new coaches to replace those which left with Bruce. Not sure it will be from Brum though, heard on another forum that Monk may have had a falling out with Pep. Might be twaddle, but even if not there's no guarantee he comes with any other coaches. If Pep gets the managers job which seems likely then they'll stay and Garry will have to look elsewhere.

Bit nervous as to how he'll cope without his old coaching team. Will be interesting to see what happens, desperately hope we get someone in but it doesn't seem imminent going by the press conference which is a bit worrying.