Brum fans views on Monk

Guest domSWFC

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

Most managers get sacked in football and usually for underperforming at some stage, so fans views can be negative.

Im related to Brighton fans and they aren’t that positive about Hughton anymore as for the last year they watched defensive football.  No matter that he got them promoted to the top league after 30 years away.

Boro fans are negative about all ex-managers, Monk, Pulis etc. It’s because they still think they should be a PL club despite being tinpot. It happens 

Reminds me of a group of fans nearer home.lol

When his boro team came to us they absolutely battered us and looked very good to me

High press, fast tempo, created plenty of chances 

(even tho it was only 2-1 and he got sacked straight after) 

They were in transition after coming down and from the outside it looked a harsh sacking to me. 

5 minutes ago, torres said:

When his boro team came to us they absolutely battered us and looked very good to me

They were in transition after coming down and from the outside it looked a harsh sacking to me. 

And they finished that day 3 points off the play offs:

1   Wolves 23 26 54
2   Cardiff 23 15 47

3   Derby 23 17 44
4   Bristol City 23 13 44
5   Leeds 23 9 39
6   Aston Villa 23 9 38

7   Sheff Utd 23 7 38
8   Preston 23 4 36
9   Middlesbrough 23 7 35
10   Ipswich 23 4 35
11   Fulham 23 0 32

2 minutes ago, Animis said:

1   Wolves 23 26 54
2   Cardiff 23 15 47

3   Derby 23 17 44
5   Leeds 23 9 39
6   Aston Villa 23 9 38

7   Sheff Utd 23 7 38
8   Preston 23 4 36
10   Ipswich 23 4 35
11   Fulham 23 0 32

Must be well pleased they got Pulis after that 

10 minutes ago, torres said:

It was a very harsh sacking and they swapped him for Pulis and has as been mentioned, that game was both pivotal and rare as it spelt the end for both managers on the day and the usual reactionary doom mongers  on here were applauding 'Boro for both their decision to sack and choice of replacement.

Edited by sonofbert2

5 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

It was a very harsh sacking and they swapped him for Pulis and has as been mentioned, that game was both pivotal and rare as it spelt the end for both managers on the day and the usual reactionary doom mongers  on here were applauding 'Boro for both their decision to sack and choice of replacement.

Didn't  we play Brum on New year's day, we drew 1.1, thougt they were decent then to say the off field problems they'd got 

Just now, gizowl said:

Didn't  we play Brum on New year's day, we drew 1.1, thougt they were decent then to say the off field problems they'd got 

Yes. 

Every time we’ve played one of his teams I’ve always been impressed. 

They look very hard working, with a good tempo to their play. 

2 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Their keeper saved them that day, had a great game.  Che Adams equalised Fletcher’s goal but we should have won really.

There is no doubt though that he did a good job in difficult circumstances.  They beat us at theirs in the game after the derby defeat when again, we probably deserved more and I also remember he wound a few up on here with his after match comments.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Their keeper saved them that day, had a great game.  Che Adams equalised Fletcher’s goal but we should have won really.

There is no doubt though that he did a good job in difficult circumstances.  They beat us at theirs in the game after the derby defeat when again, we probably deserved more and I also remember he wound a few up on here with his after match comments.

We played well that game. 

They had a good Christmas period and I remember it was the 3rd or 4th time he’d started the same 11 and it showed a bit. 

Their sheer doggedness got them through that day 

58 minutes ago, Animis said:

1   Wolves 23 26 54
2   Cardiff 23 15 47

3   Derby 23 17 44
5   Leeds 23 9 39
6   Aston Villa 23 9 38

7   Sheff Utd 23 7 38
8   Preston 23 4 36
10   Ipswich 23 4 35
11   Fulham 23 0 32

Was a strange decision. I remember thinking they played really well that day, couldn’t believe they gave him the boot. 

Fulham finished 3rd that year and won the play offs, so at the halfway point to see they were 11th has blown my mind a bit.