Dreadful Appointment

On 06/09/2019 at 22:37, bob C said:

Tell me another profession where you would get a job and be paid 20k a week , after being sacked by four of  it’s competitors in the last 5 years for incompetence,  or to put another spin on it show me another company apart from SWFC who would employ someone who has been sacked four times in five years by its competitors , I’ll be surprised if he isn’t being hounded by the fans by Christmas and sacked (again) by the end of the season , UNBELIEVABLE!!! 

Not sure about your reasons but totally agree with the thread title, shocking appointment and will be surprised if he's still here in January.

Just my opinion, hope I'm made to eat my words, we'll see.

15 hours ago, ashley8 said:

Like to know if Chansiri will not go for a manager in a job. Utterly stupid if so. Hope we at least talked to Cowleys. Monk I hope will do well but thinking about it all these weeks and 48 hours he brings him in. Worries me so far only decent manager Chansiri got in any good was back stabbing bruce. That was down to the supporters demanding we get him. Let's hope this time we would have all got it wrong and Monk is a huge success!!! (That can happen at Wednesday can't it......) 

Dont know how you think we will all have got it wrong if Monk succeeds. Many on here have been quite supportive. Mainly the usual moaners who have slated the move. In the cold light of day Monk is far from the worst move we could make. Time to support Monk and give DC a bit of credit.

Edited by ZicoSterland2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, paddyowl said:

Not sure about your reasons but totally agree with the thread title, shocking appointment and will be surprised if he's still here in January.

Just my opinion, hope I'm made to eat my words, we'll see.

so................. who Should we have got in, and/or who Could we have got in?

Guess your answer will be something to do with Cows and Udders ?!

• Haha 1

Just now, Costello 77 said:

Like any manager in the history of football.. he'll be judged on results.. it's virtually impossible to tell how it'll pan out

Yep, absolutely  - does this school of thought apply to Cowley though?

Appears he has already been judged by many on here before a ball is kicked, Udders plus one more for auto's then ??

FFS

Just now, Worksop Wednesday said:

Yep, absolutely  - does this school of thought apply to Cowley though?

Appears he has already been judged by many on here before a ball is kicked, Udders plus one more for auto's then ??

FFS

The only certainty about Monk's appointment is that it had to happen after QPR..

As for Cowley... anything could happen..

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

The only certainty about Monk's appointment is that it had to happen after QPR..

As for Cowley... anything could happen..

Yep -credit DC (our DC) for reacting after QPR, and tbh waiting until then and giving Bullen chance ( think Bullen should leave now if he wants to be a manager and try L1 ,2 or non league) 

But aside from the Cowley obsession ( and god knows why when think of Paul Hurst, Nathan Jones) who the fizz else did our fans think we'd get in ?!

Pep ? 

Although Monk might still bring him (Clotet) !

1 minute ago, Worksop Wednesday said:

Yep -credit DC (our DC) for reacting after QPR, and tbh waiting until then and giving Bullen chance ( think Bullen should leave now if he wants to be a manager and try L1 ,2 or non league) 

But aside from the Cowley obsession ( and god knows why when think of Paul Hurst, Nathan Jones) who the fizz else did our fans think we'd get in ?!

Pep ? 

There's a worry.. panic even.. amongst a certain section that if we don't go up quick then the owner might mitigate his losses and go home..or leave us in an unfunded limbo.. I can sort of see where they're coming from..

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

There's a worry.. panic even.. amongst a certain section that if we don't go up quick then the owner might mitigate his losses and go home..or leave us in an unfunded limbo.. I can sort of see where they're coming from..

yeah but back to the basic question, who did they expect we'd get in ?

10 minutes ago, Worksop Wednesday said:

Pep ? 

Also Lincoln have lost 3 out of their last 4 league games under the Cowleys :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Worksop Wednesday said:

so................. who Should we have got in, and/or who Could we have got in?

Guess your answer will be something to do with Cows and Udders ?!

Quite happy with Lee Bullen as were most of our bipolar supporters on certain weeks, will Monk be here at the end of the season......IMO , no.

2 hours ago, Hookowl said:

Also Lincoln have lost 3 out of their last 4 league games under the Cowleys :ph34r:

Common sense seems to have disappeared with certain fans - putting down possible appointments with a range of managers who have all had success at this level to differing degrees.

While still clambering for an unproven manager at this level, who has just lost 3 out of 4 in a lower league.

Beggars believe :duntmatter:

Edited by Spookone