Dreadful Appointment

On 06/09/2019 at 22:37, bob C said:

Tell me another profession where you would get a job and be paid 20k a week , after being sacked by four of  it’s competitors in the last 5 years for incompetence,  or to put another spin on it show me another company apart from SWFC who would employ someone who has been sacked four times in five years by its competitors , I’ll be surprised if he isn’t being hounded by the fans by Christmas and sacked (again) by the end of the season , UNBELIEVABLE!!! 

Finally a thread that's out negged my 'Triangle of Failure' thread.

Thanks Bob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Proof will be in the pudding. 

Are there others id have like to have seen? Yes. 

Can we predict his success or failure in advance?

No.

Predict? No but based on his CV and track record it’s fair to take an educated guess that we will endure another couple of seasons of mediocrity until Monk is sacked and the circus starts again. 

12 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Predict? No but based on his CV and track record it’s fair to take an educated guess that we will endure another couple of seasons of mediocrity until Monk is sacked and the circus starts again. 

Possibly. And I'll hold my hands up and admit that on the face of it I wasn't too impressed. I mean 4 clubs in 4.5 years doesn't sound good. Hardly inspiring.

But having looked more closely at his tenures at those different clubs and the circumstances of the times he was there, I actually think there's a lot more positive than negative and certainly more positive than I originally thought.

All about timing in football. 

I'm just far more positive having done some research on him than I was before. 

I think he's a good manager.

Whether he can be a successful is a slightly different matter. 

There's plenty of good managers who've won sod all!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Not sure about that...based on his track record a season would be more likely than two.

• Haha 2

On 06/09/2019 at 22:37, bob C said:

Tell me another profession where you would get a job and be paid 20k a week , after being sacked by four of  it’s competitors in the last 5 years for incompetence,  or to put another spin on it show me another company apart from SWFC who would employ someone who has been sacked four times in five years by its competitors , I’ll be surprised if he isn’t being hounded by the fans by Christmas and sacked (again) by the end of the season , UNBELIEVABLE!!! 

Loving the optimism Bob.

We don't know who DC spoke to in the time since Bruce left to now get to the stage of appointing Monk.

Many other candidates may have ruled themselves out. Though the majority would say we need someone with Championship experience and Monk may now be the best remaining option.

Let's all get behind him eh

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ReginaldD said:

Loving the optimism Bob.

We don't know who DC spoke to in the time since Bruce left to now get to the stage of appointing Monk.

Many other candidates may have ruled themselves out. Though the majority would say we need someone with Championship experience and Monk may now be the best remaining option.

Let's all get behind him eh

Ye but according to the expects on here ,DC wasn't after anyone and just hoping bullen paid off

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Possibly. And I'll hold my hands up and admit that on the face of it I wasn't too impressed. I mean 4 clubs in 4.5 years doesn't sound good. Hardly inspiring.

But having looked more closely at his tenures at those different clubs and the circumstances of the times he was there, I actually think there's a lot more positive than negative and certainly more positive than I originally thought.

All about timing in football. 

I'm just far more positive having done some research on him than I was before. 

I think he's a good manager.

Whether he can be a successful is a slightly different matter. 

There's plenty of good managers who've won sod all!

Monk has done well short term at all his clubs even Boro were sat 8th. Not really his fault he got the push at Swansea (a team in decline when he took over ). Birmingham and Leeds more to it than footballing matters. Boro never seemed to gel there. Now are we going to be another short stay or will he get real time to build here and make his mark. Hope its the latter as I think he has much to offer.

• Like 1

Like to know if Chansiri will not go for a manager in a job. Utterly stupid if so. Hope we at least talked to Cowleys. Monk I hope will do well but thinking about it all these weeks and 48 hours he brings him in. Worries me so far only decent manager Chansiri got in any good was back stabbing bruce. That was down to the supporters demanding we get him. Let's hope this time we would have all got it wrong and Monk is a huge success!!! (That can happen at Wednesday can't it......) 

On 08/09/2019 at 21:08, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

I honestly have a feeling you may be wrong.

I feel a vast improvement may be around the corner, starting with a 5-0 drumming of the Cowleys (have I gone too far?)

lol

• Like 1