Dreadful Appointment

On 06/09/2019 at 22:37, bob C said:

Tell me another profession where you would get a job and be paid 20k a week , after being sacked by four of  it’s competitors in the last 5 years for incompetence,  or to put another spin on it show me another company apart from SWFC who would employ someone who has been sacked four times in five years by its competitors , I’ll be surprised if he isn’t being hounded by the fans by Christmas and sacked (again) by the end of the season , UNBELIEVABLE!!! 

why don't you apply then?

it sounds too good to miss.

3 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Bob; What does the 'C' stand for ? Serious question !

Hi Nev , c stands for Carlisle my second name why ? 

And while we are being serious, the general opinion on this forum is that Gary Monk is a very good appointment , but a few of us don’t, and are entitled to our opinion, it’s time the people running this forum did something about the abuse dished out to people who dare to criticise anything the club do , it’s a forum ffs , it’s not life or death !! 

Has anyone ever wondered why we only have about 20 regular posters ? I think we all know why

so to all key board warriors you now know my name , and many on here will also now know I am not a blunt 

Bob C 

5 minutes ago, bob C said:

And while we are being serious, the general opinion on this forum is that Gary Monk is a very good appointment , but a few of us don’t, and are entitled to our opinion, it’s time the people running this forum did something about the abuse dished out to people who dare to criticise anything the club do , it’s a forum ffs , it’s not life or death !! 

Has anyone ever wondered why we only have about 20 regular posters ? I think we all know why

so to all key board warriors you now know my name , and many on here will also now know I am not a blunt 

Bob C 

You put yourself out for abuse when you describe the appointment of Monk as ‘dreadful’

2 hours ago, Quist said:

He said he may look to bring others in at later date. The two who have worked with Pep Clotet and James Beattie are currently manager and assistant manager of Birmingham City. Therefore unless they are dismissed thin its unlikely will head to this club. I agree with your comment it would have been good news if they had arrived. Beattie has excellent reputation as a coach of strikers. 

This is where we need to invest properly in some quality. Monk can’t do it all by himself.  I remember how much Hirst improved when he started working with Francis.  Would Warhurst have had that magic spell without quality coaches around him?  It doesn’t matter how good your players are, if full backs and centre halves are coached to just lump it forwards, or forward players aren’t shown how to find space and run behind we’ll not win enough games. Any manager needs a good team around him. 

33 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Jesus!!! Garry Monk's only been in the job two days and already he's been slaughtered.Who ever suggested that GM is a dreadful appointment deserves a slap in the face. :tango:

giphy.gif

This is just the sort of response people have to put up with on here , dear me !!

a good slap really !! 

This forum really needs to bar people like you , but it won’t 

47 minutes ago, bob C said:

Bob C 

Ya know summat bob,opinions is how this place rolls,you're not impressed with Monks appointment,thats fine,but when you post INCORRECTLY about him being sacked 4 times or NEVER being near the playoffs.........................................................................well,its like a free invitation to be red circled to death and or ridiculed,you take either personally,would suggest you're a bit snowflakey.

There are worse things in life than being ridiculed by P-sstakers on here.

Chill fella.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Ya know summat bob,opinions is how this place rolls,you're not impressed with Monks appointment,thats fine,but when you post INCORRECTLY about him being sacked 4 times or NEVER being near the playoffs.........................................................................well,its like a free invitation to be red circled to death and or ridiculed,you take either personally,would suggest you're a bit snowflakey.

There are worse things in life than being ridiculed by P-sstakers on here.

Chill fella.

You know something , the abuse bit I could cope with , it was being labelled a Blade that hurt !

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bob C said:

Bob C 

Of course you are entitled to your opinion Bob.

I think sometimes its the wording and sentiment that is misinterpreted. Maybe the timing of the post was a little too early straight after the appointment of the new manager?

Carry on posting, I'm one of the regular 20 posters and I, am quite often wrong.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, bob C said:

You know something , the abuse bit I could cope with , it was being labelled a Blade that hurt !

That was me mate. If you’re not a pig then  I apologise. I agree, being labelled as one of them is as bad as it gets.  I think Monk will do well but like you say we’re all entitled to an opinion on here. I’ve had plenty of abuse on here but thankfully never been called a blunt.  That would hurt!  

Tell me another profession where you would get a job and be paid 20k a week , after being sacked by four of  it’s competitors in the last 5 years for incompetence,  or to put another spin on it show me another company apart from SWFC who would employ someone who has been sacked four times in five years by its competitors , I’ll be surprised if he isn’t being hounded by the fans by Christmas and sacked (again) by the end of the season , UNBELIEVABLE!!! 

Absolute thrower  UTO 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think I can guess what the "C" in Bob C stands for.

iI thought Monk was an underwhelming appointment and was a bit gutted when the news broke on Friday. However, rather than having a hissy fit and slagging him & the club off I went on the internet and read for myself his managerial record. I then felt a lot better because he's actually done pretty well. He is still young, still hungry, try's to play decent football and has experience even though he is only 40. Deffo better than Pulis, deffo better than some other unknown Jos type, deffo better than sticking with Bullen, probably better than Rowett, less risky than the Cowleys. I'm looking forward to the season again where as after the QPR game I was dreading it. UTO.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, hatcheeks said:

iI thought Monk was an underwhelming appointment and was a bit gutted when the news broke on Friday. However, rather than having a hissy fit and slagging him & the club off I went on the internet and read for myself his managerial record. I then felt a lot better because he's actually done pretty well. He is still young, still hungry, try's to play decent football and has experience even though he is only 40. Deffo better than Pulis, deffo better than some other unknown Jos type, deffo better than sticking with Bullen, probably better than Rowett, less risky than the Cowleys. I'm looking forward to the season again where as after the QPR game I was dreading it. UTO.

Lets hope that his first major success and promotion is with us.

• Like 1