Dreadful Appointment

11 hours ago, bob C said:

Instead of negging me , can anyone on here come up with anything positive about a manager who has been in management 5 years and been nowhere near the play offs on any occasion, is that our aim for the next five years ? 

Stop slagging me off and look at the facts . We are accepting mediocrity, and we all know where that leads , our club cannot afford ( literally) to carry on like this 

Swansea sacked him and regretted it, nobody who came after could do a better jo.

Leeds he was not sacked he walked out, and Leeds owner was shocked and upset at this and the fans at time were gutted. They finished seventh after fading in last couple of months of season. Funny but Leeds did same under Bielsa last season.

He went to Middlesboro and he was not liked almost immediately by fans the team were in 8th when he was sacked and fared no better under new manager. Considering he had just won his last match away from home and teams usually improve for a manager having longer at helm you can hardly say he performed badly. 

Birmingham were in bottom 3 when he took over destined for drop he got them up to 19th in first season which was achievement. They had 12 pt deduction last season and survived drop although being under transfer embargo during the windows. Birmingham fans liked him and were upset when he was sacked. 

His record as a manager is good and his name was first one that sprang to mind when Bunter was leaving. The only issue with him is the allegations made against him which he denies and apparently there is no documentary evidence to prove allegations are accurate. in addition the allegations came from Boro Chairman who we know likes to bash his gums and make a noise when it suits him. Birmingham Chairman wanted rid as they had disagreement were buying and selling players without monk's consent and suspect it was convenient to jump on bandwagon. they had bought virtually no players under his stewardship which supports Monk's case. Leeds are still bitter he left them but he made them some serious money whilst there as he got previously misfiring players performing who they sold on for big money.

All in all it would be hard to get a more competent manager at this level. only gripe is I would buy him a razor to shave random whiskers on face off.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bob C said:

Tell me another profession where you would get a job and be paid 20k a week , after being sacked by four of  it’s competitors in the last 5 years for incompetence,  or to put another spin on it show me another company apart from SWFC who would employ someone who has been sacked four times in five years by its competitors , I’ll be surprised if he isn’t being hounded by the fans by Christmas and sacked (again) by the end of the season , UNBELIEVABLE!!! 

Any of the old Nationalised companies. The easiest way to move anyone was promotion which invariably meant side-ways .

1 hour ago, Quist said:

Swansea sacked him and regretted it, nobody who came after could do a better jo.

Leeds he was not sacked he walked out, and Leeds owner was shocked and upset at this and the fans at time were gutted. They finished seventh after fading in last couple of months of season. Funny but Leeds did same under Bielsa last season.

He went to Middlesboro and he was not liked almost immediately by fans the team were in 8th when he was sacked and fared no better under new manager. Considering he had just won his last match away from home and teams usually improve for a manager having longer at helm you can hardly say he performed badly. 

Birmingham were in bottom 3 when he took over destined for drop he got them up to 19th in first season which was achievement. They had 12 pt deduction last season and survived drop although being under transfer embargo during the windows. Birmingham fans liked him and were upset when he was sacked. 

His record as a manager is good and his name was first one that sprang to mind when Bunter was leaving. The only issue with him is the allegations made against him which he denies and apparently there is no documentary evidence to prove allegations are accurate. in addition the allegations came from Boro Chairman who we know likes to bash his gums and make a noise when it suits him. Birmingham Chairman wanted rid as they had disagreement were buying and selling players without monk's consent and suspect it was convenient to jump on bandwagon. they had bought virtually no players under his stewardship which supports Monk's case. Leeds are still bitter he left them but he made them some serious money whilst there as he got previously misfiring players performing who they sold on for big money.

All in all it would be hard to get a more competent manager at this level. only gripe is I would buy him a razor to shave random whiskers on face off.

As long as it's not anything from Gillette.

• Haha 1

On 06/09/2019 at 22:37, bob C said:

Tell me another profession where you would get a job and be paid 20k a week , after being sacked by four of  it’s competitors in the last 5 years for incompetence,  or to put another spin on it show me another company apart from SWFC who would employ someone who has been sacked four times in five years by its competitors , I’ll be surprised if he isn’t being hounded by the fans by Christmas and sacked (again) by the end of the season , UNBELIEVABLE!!! 

We've been having a few issues with the steering and engine Bob, got that sorted and then the ships captain jacked on us. We now have a new captain and we've set sail, beware bob you c, we're coming for you and you'll not know what's hit you when we get there.:Chansiri:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Quist said:

Great summary. Many of the supporters on here were happy to give Bullen a go and then moan that Monk is accepting mediocrity!  Does anyone know if he’s bringing his coaching staff with him because that would make a big difference. 

On 07/09/2019 at 06:37, bob C said:

Tell me another profession where you would get a job and be paid 20k a week , after being sacked by four of  it’s competitors in the last 5 years for incompetence

Monk isn't responsible for his profession's profligate salaries. There are lots of clubs who would, and routinely do, hire managers who have been fired multiple times.

show me another company apart from SWFC who would employ someone who has been sacked four times in five years by its competitors

Pretty much any club in football.

I’ll be surprised if he isn’t being hounded by the fans by Christmas and sacked (again) by the end of the season

Perhaps. But a lot of new managers walk that tightrope. It certainly doesn't help to 'hound' him when he's only just got the keys to his office.

• Like 1

Every village has an idiot.

So, Mastermind, who should we have appointed?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

Great summary. Many of the supporters on here were happy to give Bullen a go and then moan that Monk is accepting mediocrity!  Does anyone know if he’s bringing his coaching staff with him because that would make a big difference. 

He said he may look to bring others in at later date. The two who have worked with Pep Clotet and James Beattie are currently manager and assistant manager of Birmingham City. Therefore unless they are dismissed thin its unlikely will head to this club. I agree with your comment it would have been good news if they had arrived. Beattie has excellent reputation as a coach of strikers. 

On 06/09/2019 at 23:11, 4evaowl said:

It seems odd DC has taken this long to appoint an out of work manager when he could have started him weeks ago. He seems to have only gone for him in the last 48 hours.

Seems that had we beat QPR (which we should have done) Monk wouldn’t have been appointed...hardly seems a planned, strategic appointment.

Hindsight, conjecture & not a glass half full but a seven eighths empty attitude.

On 06/09/2019 at 23:11, 4evaowl said:

It seems odd DC has taken this long to appoint an out of work manager when he could have started him weeks ago. He seems to have only gone for him in the last 48 hours.

Seems that had we beat QPR (which we should have done) Monk wouldn’t have been appointed...hardly seems a planned, strategic appointment.

It's blatantly obvious imo Bullen convinced DC he was ready for the job after bruce walked, I don't think it's a tall order to assume that fiasco hurt him, loyalty and commitment is a big thing in his culture, and you can see why if Bullen was convincing enough he was tempted to give it him on a prolonged trial basis..it didn't work out and while it may have taken time you have to remember DC has many commitments out of football and swfc plus we know he takes a hands on approach that's why you see nothing from the club regarding big issues then everything getting sorted within a short space of time in this case 48h, I really hope he can find someone to delegate too but ..it's been years now

I’ll be surprised if he isn’t being hounded by the fans by Christmas , UNBELIEVABLE!!! 

I'll be surprised if he isn't being hounded by the fans by 22:37 on the day he was appointed.

...wait a minute...

• Haha 2

Name a previous manager we've appointed who has never been sacked before, at this level or any other. 

Steve Bruce? Jos Luhukay? Carlos Cavalhal? Dave Jones? Gary Megson? Brian Laws? Paul Sturrock? David Pleat? Big Ron? 

Only 2 I can think of is Chris Turner and Danny Wilson, great success they were. 

Read all thread and you've not said who you wanted as manager. 

I'm guessing this is just a wind up topic seeing how many will bite.