Dreadful Appointment

Instead of negging me , can anyone on here come up with anything positive about a manager who has been in management 5 years and been nowhere near the play offs on any occasion, is that our aim for the next five years ? 

Stop slagging me off and look at the facts . We are accepting mediocrity, and we all know where that leads , our club cannot afford ( literally) to carry on like this 

1 minute ago, 4evaowl said:

It seems odd DC has taken this long to appoint an out of work manager when he could have started him weeks ago. He seems to have only gone for him in the last 48 hours.

Seems that had we beat QPR (which we should have done) Monk wouldn’t have been appointed...hardly seems a planned, strategic appointment.

True. 

But he will work with Bullen whom DC was hoping would  work out. 

He is cheaper than the Cowleys 

He is younger than Megson

He has got seriously scary eyes

5 minutes ago, bob C said:

Instead of negging me , can anyone on here come up with anything positive about a manager who has been in management 5 years and been nowhere near the play offs on any occasion, is that our aim for the next five years ? 

Stop slagging me off and look at the facts . We are accepting mediocrity, and we all know where that leads , our club cannot afford ( literally) to carry on like this 

61Ow5vJ-qlL._UX679_.jpg.3c00793e4cf2922177dec7fd3a3c5059.jpg

2 minutes ago, bob C said:

You're an idiot, and the sad thing is you're probably a wednesday fan. 

Look at where the teams he was managing finished. Swansea finished 8th in the prem, right?

At the moment we are mediocre. In fact for the last 23 years we've been mediocre. We are not a traditionally sucessful club. Since I've been alive we've not won a competition.

We need to get behind the players and the manager. If you want constant success our club isn't the right one for you. 

I'd rather support a team where the staff and players enjoy working than winning half a dozen competitions

51 minutes ago, bob C said:

Tell me another profession where you would get a job and be paid 20k a week , after being sacked by four of  it’s competitors in the last 5 years for incompetence,  or to put another spin on it show me another company apart from SWFC who would employ someone who has been sacked four times in five years by its competitors , I’ll be surprised if he isn’t being hounded by the fans by Christmas and sacked (again) by the end of the season , UNBELIEVABLE!!! 

Knob alert , his mummy’s refused him a bit of bittee

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RedDragonOwl said:

Look at where the teams he was managing finished. Swansea finished 8th in the prem, right?

At the moment we are mediocre. In fact for the last 23 years we've been mediocre. We are not a traditionally sucessful club. Since I've been alive we've not won a competition.

We need to get behind the players and the manager. If you want constant success our club isn't the right one for you. 

I'd rather support a team where the staff and players enjoy working than winning half a dozen competitions

And managed in the Europa League

36 minutes ago, bob C said:

No where near the playoffs you say,on any occasion................................................really,i mean really ?

Edited by DELUDED OWL
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bob C said:

Tell me another profession where you would get a job and be paid 20k a week , after being sacked by four of  it’s competitors in the last 5 years for incompetence,  or to put another spin on it show me another company apart from SWFC who would employ someone who has been sacked four times in five years by its competitors , I’ll be surprised if he isn’t being hounded by the fans by Christmas and sacked (again) by the end of the season , UNBELIEVABLE!!! 

Would you have taken Mourinho as manager (I know it would never happen). How many times has he been sacked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, offalyowl said:

He finished in 7th with leeds the only year he managed them so I'd say that's pretty close to the playoffs u clown 

He wasn't a million miles off with a crap Birmingham squad before their points deduction (which was through no fault of his).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bob C said:

You should have just admitted to trolling.  By doubling down, you look like a garden variety thicko.

Go be mad.  Go rant about nothing.  Or dont.  Who cares.  We're not here to change your mind, rant with, coddle or change your nappy.

I’m happy we’ve got a manager at last 

But the OP makes a good point

Why do managers have jobs for life even when they continually fail?

Not Monk necessarily but managers in general

Its always the same names on the managerial merry go round.

3 hours ago, RedDragonOwl said:

If you want any success … lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Guest LondonOwl313
2 hours ago, horny owl said:

I’m happy we’ve got a manager at last 

But the OP makes a good point

Why do managers have jobs for life even when they continually fail?

Not Monk necessarily but managers in general

Its always the same names on the managerial merry go round.

To my mind it’s because the reason clubs do well or poorly isn’t directly linked to who the manager is, it’s more to do with circumstance. When it’s the right manager at the right time, that’s when promotions happen. 

There aren’t many managers who consistently achieve everywhere, and that suggests it’s not all down to the manager. At Championship level, there are loads of managers who’ve had one promotion (e.g. Neil, Karanka, Holloway). Does that make them better than a Rowett or a Monk... I’m not convinced. The only one that stands out for me is Warnock as he’s literally gone into clubs and got them there when they have nothing about them like Cardiff. Bruce has 4 promotions but 2 of them with with teams he’d just got relegated from the prem and he’d retained most of their first teams. Big part of success is the players, the manager is just the last piece of the puzzle

Even some premier league managers like Guardiola or Klopp wouldn’t necessarily be a roaring success in the championship. Can imagine that if Guardiola came here he’d just be frustrated the players can’t do what he wants. At City he struggled year 1 then went out and bought a whole new defence that were capable of playing his way 

So basically football management is about getting a boost from making a change.. it’s not who the new manager is, it’s the fact that you’ve got a new one that counts (within reason, assuming we’re talking about competent managers and not clueless ones like Jos)