Anyone else think Carlos was consulted

2 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Your assumptions amaze me , how do you know it was the tactics and that he bottled?  It could have been many different reasons why we lost, something as simple as one player making a wrong decision which changed the whole course of the game.

you've been grasping at straws for some time now, BUT to say that in the wembley final against hull city that the fault could be  .'many different reasons, something as simple as one player making a mistake which changed the whole course of the game' is for me 'enlightening'.

it was plain the see for anyone and everyone who did or does know anything about football that we tried to move the ball forward on the ground all day, in a slow intricate build up passing movement, through a heavily crowded area deliberately left so by bruce. who knew what the majority at the time knew as the way to stop arsenal playing 2 banks of 4, only on occasion his forward bank had 5 in it.

it was a frustrating 'mare to watch as we knocked on the same un opening door all day and as I've posted before with 3 minutes to play westwood rolled the ball out to the l/b, who passed it square to the c/b, who passed it square....

3 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

you've been grasping at straws for some time now, BUT to say that in the wembley final against hull city that the fault could be  .'many different reasons, something as simple as one player making a mistake which changed the whole course of the game' is for me 'enlightening'.

it was plain the see for anyone and everyone who did or does know anything about football that we tried to move the ball forward on the ground all day, in a slow intricate build up passing movement, through a heavily crowded area deliberately left so by bruce. who knew what the majority at the time knew as the way to stop arsenal playing 2 banks of 4, only on occasion his forward bank had 5 in it.

it was a frustrating 'mare to watch as we knocked on the same un opening door all day and as I've posted before with 3 minutes to play westwood rolled the ball out to the l/b, who passed it square to the c/b, who passed it square....

So you drone on with nothing new to say

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

you maybe not a 'one man cc appreciation society' but you are in 'the cocoettes'.

any bait I cast, you're in there, fine you've every right to be so, BUT I have every right to oppose those postings. 

you're giving me every chance as your champions armour is as dull as dishwater.

there is NO rewriting of any truths, to say he had more money to spend than any wednesday manger before him, and any since, is true.

there is NO rewriting of truths to say he had only the one idea in his head, and no plan B. 

YOU 'made it abundantly clear in another post what happened with cc' really, I do understand that some on here carry 'favour' more than some others, but I didn't know it was compulsory to take what you said as gospel.

what I see, and what you see are obviously two different things, you're allowed that (see i'm not like you in that), but IF monk turns up at a playoff final and sh*ts himself when decisions need making, or turns up for a semi and bottles it, then undoubtedly I will criticize him (but I will cut him a bit of slack as I didn't know when he was appointed that he'd had 15 jobs in 15 years). 

what failed us against hull was lack of tactics, not players. 

then in the coming closed season the area's in the side in need of attention were completely overlooked, brilliant manager (in some's book).

Was it Winston Churchill or Mycroft who famously said :- "You drone on with nothing new to say".

• Haha 1

Guest LondonOwl313
3 hours ago, dorian gray said:

I don't need to say 'anything new' I stated my case and you challenged it, you then added a glib comment or two, added things that I hadn't written, wanted your post to be the conclusion, and now you state 'I'm going round in circles'. 

i'll remind you coco failed at wembley through lack of tactics, and bottled it against 'uddersfield.

your go.

Dorian, you make normal points most of the time, but as soon as Carlos comes up it’s like a red mist descends lol. Anyone being balanced can see there were some positives and negatives to him.. you’re being harsh about the first season, doubt you complained at the time. The Hull game we lost to a better side.. if we were playing Man City would you have blamed the managers tactics if we lost? Sometimes there’s nothing you can do. It was also hard to have a plan B when all of our players were small technical players.. we had no pace, height or physicality.. the lack of options to change it, is that Carlos’s fault or the recruitment teams 

He deserves far more flack for the Huddersfield game. But if you were being fair you’d be able to have some balance on this

Just now, Mycroft said:

So you drone on with nothing new to say

I did have new to post, if you read through my post correctly instead of thinking 'I can't find credible answers to this', you'll see also I stated 'it was plain to see for anyone and everyone who did or does know anything about football' thus excluding you.

no more childish, glib one line answers let's hear your explanation of the wembley debacle and the 'uddersffield bottle job, without looking to say 'someone on the day didn't do their job properly' unless you mean ole coco himself.

39 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Was it Winston Churchill or Mycroft who famously said :- "You drone on with nothing new to say".

it was Mycroft, because I was beating him hands down as well as you.

but the pair of you have little ammunition in your arsenal as you only use coco to defend yourselves

2 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

I did have new to post, if you read through my post correctly instead of thinking 'I can't find credible answers to this', you'll see also I stated 'it was plain to see for anyone and everyone who did or does know anything about football' thus excluding you.

no more childish, glib one line answers let's hear your explanation of the wembley debacle and the 'uddersffield bottle job, without looking to say 'someone on the day didn't do their job properly' unless you mean ole coco himself.

Where's your off switch?

20 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Dorian, you make normal points most of the time, but as soon as Carlos comes up it’s like a red mist descends lol. Anyone being balanced can see there were some positives and negatives to him.. you’re being harsh about the first season, doubt you complained at the time. The Hull game we lost to a better side.. if we were playing Man City would you have blamed the managers tactics if we lost? Sometimes there’s nothing you can do. It was also hard to have a plan B when all of our players were small technical players.. we had no pace, height or physicality.. the lack of options to change it, is that Carlos’s fault or the recruitment teams 

He deserves far more flack for the Huddersfield game. But if you were being fair you’d be able to have some balance on this

I complained from his appointment, I said at the time anyone with his career history and cv should only have got to the interview panel for a laugh.

we lost to a 'better side' in hull because we didn't offer them a credible challenge, as we were tactically naïve.

'sometimes there's nothing you can do' HAHAHA! did they win our division? they're hull not barca.

now from here were going to agree our players were of the small, technical type, and that's coco's choices.

we had height in nuhiu, and helan, we could have thrown a c/b forward, instead tiptap, tiptap, all day long.

you're correct the 'uddersfilld bottling was worse that the wembley freeze.

what's the 'balance'? money spent and **** all won, i'll have you a bet that dc would like to go back to the day he signed coco on, in fact he may want to go back to any of two dates previous to that.

Guest LondonOwl313
3 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

I complained from his appointment, I said at the time anyone with his career history and cv should only have got to the interview panel for a laugh.

we lost to a 'better side' in hull because we didn't offer them a credible challenge, as we were tactically naïve.

'sometimes there's nothing you can do' HAHAHA! did they win our division? they're hull not barca.

now from here were going to agree our players were of the small, technical type, and that's coco's choices.

we had height in nuhiu, and helan, we could have thrown a c/b forward, instead tiptap, tiptap, all day long.

you're correct the 'uddersfilld bottling was worse that the wembley freeze.

what's the 'balance'? money spent and **** all won, i'll have you a bet that dc would like to go back to the day he signed coco on, in fact he may want to go back to any of two dates previous to that.

You can be against his appointment but then once he got the gig, have to judge him on how he did here. Of course they aren’t Barca, but they also had more physical and experienced players than us. We brought Nuhui and Helan on... but unfortunately both of them are poor players and lets be honest they were never going to make the difference. Were they his choices though.. we had that committee with Glenn Roeder on transfers at the time. Just saying it’s not just a Carlos thing.

And yeah we spent lots of cash.. but there are loads of teams doing the same. You can’t compare his time vs the prior 15 years because the game has moved on particularly the last 5 years. Our budget was about 8th.. so can’t see how a return of 6th and 4th is a bad performance 

39 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

You can be against his appointment but then once he got the gig, have to judge him on how he did here. Of course they aren’t Barca, but they also had more physical and experienced players than us. We brought Nuhui and Helan on... but unfortunately both of them are poor players and lets be honest they were never going to make the difference. Were they his choices though.. we had that committee with Glenn Roeder on transfers at the time. Just saying it’s not just a Carlos thing.

And yeah we spent lots of cash.. but there are loads of teams doing the same. You can’t compare his time vs the prior 15 years because the game has moved on particularly the last 5 years. Our budget was about 8th.. so can’t see how a return of 6th and 4th is a bad performance 

roeder didn't last 5 minutes, signings were made and we set out to play ' short passing, ground based' football, and the signings suited that ff, hooper, rhodes bannan, wallace, matias, lopez.

we did do well to get up there, although he had the 'immense' start of stuart gray's defence (admittedly with pudil added) to rely on.

i'm not interested in 'other teams', i'm interested in sheffield wednesday, and the fact it's back is against a P&S wall right now, for money spent under cc's tenure. 

IF 6th. and 4th. is success to you, it's not to me as we didn't go up, and I think I can assure you that it definitely won't be to dc as he is funding it, and sadly not seeing rewards.