Anyone else think Carlos was consulted

1 minute ago, dorian gray said:

???

what i'd have been upset if we'd have given it our best on the day?

are you looking in a mirror and typing?

all you can ask for is 'everyone giving their best on the day' 

whilst you it seems were happy with what carlos delivered on each of the mentioned occasions.

I sure that CC went in the game with a plan he considered would give us victory.  

Also sure that all the players went out with the mentality that they were going to win and give the best they could on the day.  Whether they lived up to their own expectations only they know.

As I said small margins.  

Just now, Mycroft said:

I sure that CC went in the game with a plan he considered would give us victory.  

Also sure that all the players went out with the mentality that they were going to win and give the best they could on the day.  Whether they lived up to their own expectations only they know.

As I said small margins.  

i'm utterly convinced cc went into the game with a plan he considered would give us victory.

but because he was 'limited' tactically, he had no answer, no plan B when things were going wrong

IF the players went out with 'the mentality that they were GOING TO WIN' then that too would be a problem, surely it would be IF we play at our best, we can beat these today?

being 'bested' for the majority of 90 minutes at wembley, and not showing at home in a play off semi are not 'small margins'.

1 minute ago, dorian gray said:

i'm utterly convinced cc went into the game with a plan he considered would give us victory.

but because he was 'limited' tactically, he had no answer, no plan B when things were going wrong

IF the players went out with 'the mentality that they were GOING TO WIN' then that too would be a problem, surely it would be IF we play at our best, we can beat these today?

being 'bested' for the majority of 90 minutes at wembley, and not showing at home in a play off semi are not 'small margins'.

Following your logic CC would never lose a game.  All managers are limited tactically.  

Lets leave it you think that CC could have never won that game, I reckon all there was between us, was one brilliant goal.  Nothing to do with Bruce been a master tactician.

13 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Following your logic CC would never lose a game.  All managers are limited tactically.  

Lets leave it you think that CC could have never won that game, I reckon all there was between us, was one brilliant goal.  Nothing to do with Bruce been a master tactician.

let's not leave it at all with what you think as you attempted to put words in my mouth for some time, but let's pick your post apart again.

it is beyond silly to suggest any manager would never lose game.

cc could have won that game, had he been very lucky, or had differing tactics to throw into the mix when behind.

bruce is a good manager, very good tactically (especially when judged against someone like cc) but not unbeatable or they wouldn't have been in the play offs would they?

25 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

let's not leave it at all with what you think as you attempted to put words in my mouth for some time, but let's pick your post apart again.

it is beyond silly to suggest any manager would never lose game.

cc could have won that game, had he been very lucky, or had differing tactics to throw into the mix when behind.

bruce is a good manager, very good tactically (especially when judged against someone like cc) but not unbeatable or they wouldn't have been in the play offs would they?

Yeah let's leave it your going round in circles and not saying anything new.

• Haha 1

Regards to the Wednesday vs hull game, I honestly think they had a better team than us. They had height, physicality, pace and lots of good individuals.

Yes, we didn’t give it more of a go but looking back the better team won.

However, my main gripe with Carlos was the tactics deployed the following season. We also bottled that semi final with Huddersfield.

On 07/09/2019 at 11:09, Buxtongent said:

Why is it that most Wednrsdayites believe EVERY word they see or read on IT sites , and insist on looking back The club has been a twopence-ha-penny club since the mid 199, and we won't face it. The nearest we came to 'glory' was when Carlos took us to the playoff final, and then, had we won that we would have been promoted as THIRD place 

We have now got a new manager. Whether he was recommended by Carlos, or even Alex Ferguson is immaterial. He is now OUR manager, and as such, we must hope that he delivers what many Wednedayites wish for, but have never seen -Premiership football Even the much derided Barnsley have had a season there. 

if anyone saw barnsley in the prem. they also saw wednesday there too.

2 hours ago, RBigs said:

Carlos allowed me to watch Wednesday play at Wembley despite the result, and some exciting football, been a supporter since 2000’s and was the best we’ve probably been as a team. We are in a decent place as a club and it’s not that bad being and owl at the minute. Just let Monk have a crack at least we actually have a manager & to the post I reckon he was just wishing him well :ph34r:

Do you like trains?

And what did you do with all the money?

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

9 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Biggest we’ve had yes, but absolutely nothing in comparison to the modern game and prices 

do you mean gate prices?

I can only judge carvalhal and what he had at his disposal against other wednesday managers before him, not against mourinho, fergusson, pep, klopp and the likes. 

I would have like to see numerous wednesday mangers given what he had at his disposal.

55 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Yeah let's leave it your going round in circles and not saying anything new.

I don't need to say 'anything new' I stated my case and you challenged it, you then added a glib comment or two, added things that I hadn't written, wanted your post to be the conclusion, and now you state 'I'm going round in circles'. 

i'll remind you coco failed at wembley through lack of tactics, and bottled it against 'uddersfield.

your go.

22 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

I don't need to say 'anything new' I stated my case and you challenged it, you then added a glib comment or two, added things that I hadn't written, wanted your post to be the conclusion, and now you state 'I'm going round in circles'. 

i'll remind you coco failed at wembley through lack of tactics, and bottled it against 'uddersfield.

your go.

Your assumptions amaze me , how do you know it was the tactics and that he bottled?  It could have been many different reasons why we lost, something as simple as one player making a wrong decision which changed the whole course of the game.

4 hours ago, dorian gray said:

tactically hadn't a clue, no plan B all season long.

And yet he gets us to the playoffs two seasons on the trot, if Monk manages to repeat the feat, will you be equally scathing or is it just some sort of 'thing' you've got against him.

PS Talking of "not having a clue".  Why would you need a plan B when he got to the play off final. It seems his plan A worked reasonably well, other than facing a team that had more in every dept before a ball was kicked.

I'm not a one man CC appreciation society, I just hate this re writing of the truth. I made it abundantly clear in another post that what happened with CC was typical of what happens to most managers after a couple of years. It just seems however, you are incapable of accepting the reality of what he actually achieved, but carry on slagging him, no doubt you'll have another target to aim your vitriol at if Monk gets us to a play off final & God forbid doesn't finish the job, or more precisely his player's don't finish the job.

58 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

And yet he gets us to the playoffs two seasons on the trot, if Monk manages to repeat the feat, will you be equally scathing or is it just some sort of 'thing' you've got against him.

PS Talking of "not having a clue".  Why would you need a plan B when he got to the play off final. It seems his plan A worked reasonably well, other than facing a team that had more in every dept before a ball was kicked.

I'm not a one man CC appreciation society, I just hate this re writing of the truth. I made it abundantly clear in another post that what happened with CC was typical of what happens to most managers after a couple of years. It just seems however, you are incapable of accepting the reality of what he actually achieved, but carry on slagging him, no doubt you'll have another target to aim your vitriol at if Monk gets us to a play off final & God forbid doesn't finish the job, or more precisely his player's don't finish the job.

you maybe not a 'one man cc appreciation society' but you are in 'the cocoettes'.

any bait I cast, you're in there, fine you've every right to be so, BUT I have every right to oppose those postings. 

you're giving me every chance as your champions armour is as dull as dishwater.

there is NO rewriting of any truths, to say he had more money to spend than any wednesday manger before him, and any since, is true.

there is NO rewriting of truths to say he had only the one idea in his head, and no plan B. 

YOU 'made it abundantly clear in another post what happened with cc' really, I do understand that some on here carry 'favour' more than some others, but I didn't know it was compulsory to take what you said as gospel.

what I see, and what you see are obviously two different things, you're allowed that (see i'm not like you in that), but IF monk turns up at a playoff final and sh*ts himself when decisions need making, or turns up for a semi and bottles it, then undoubtedly I will criticize him (but I will cut him a bit of slack as I didn't know when he was appointed that he'd had 15 jobs in 15 years). 

what failed us against hull was lack of tactics, not players. 

then in the coming closed season the area's in the side in need of attention were completely overlooked, brilliant manager (in some's book).