I’m glad we’ve hired Monk instead of the Cowleys...

20 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Bruce was reshaping the club on all football matters he had a vision and philosophy and plan for the club modern managers are head coaches we needed somebody who’s been around football in this country for a while because I believe the club needs a strong character. We have an inexperienced chairman who means well but isn’t there yet no director of football but I’ve never bought into that role but perhaps it helps our club and no chief executive not that these rarely grasp football matters, Bruce brought in scouts and fitness coaches and started to build us for a certain way. Has Monk got this experience only time will tell there are not many that would have topped or equal Bruce for me 

for now though he gets backing because poisoning the appointment by not supporting him before he’s had a game is not going to achieve anything I understand the disappoint from some but let’s get behind it it’s done now 

We still have the scouts, we still have the fitness coach and Google both his training methods and influences and you’ll feel better about it all.

• Like 1

I'm not say monk  is the messiah. And if given the choice between him and Bruce  it would have to be Bruce   not because  I think he's better. It's just his knack and know how to get out of this division. It might sound odd but given the choice again in the prem I'd pick monk  because he is a modern farward thinking manager/coach

1 hour ago, daveyboy66 said:

You mean like guiding Swansea into Europe despite being handed the reins at Swansea when Laudrup left. Let's not turn Wilder into some sort of tactical guru..who would apart from some piggycunts ?

Eh?

Swansea qualified for the Europa League by winning the League Cup under Laudrup in 2013.  Monk only managed Swansea for 2 games in Europe; they were knocked out of the competition by Napoli after a 3-1 away defeat in a two-legged tie.

1 hour ago, swfc-dan said:

Very impressive interview. Sounds like he's a hard worker who demands a lot and has some good ideas. Think he could really suprise with how he does here, the squad is probably better than the last few he's had.

I really think the Leeds contract dispute led to a LOT of unwarranted disparagement on his ability to manage.

Not unexpected, that lot would pick a fight while staring at a mirror.

23 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

We still have the scouts, we still have the fitness coach and Google both his training methods and influences and you’ll feel better about it all.

You're right, reading up about him was worth missing an hour of xhamster.

Not sure I feel 'better', but definitely more optimistic.

1 minute ago, Weshallovercome said:

You're right, reading up about him was worth missing an hour of xhamster.

Not sure I feel 'better', but definitely more optimistic.

Good, good - I cracked one off for you over the babysitter video on Page 1 of Best Videos - Last 7 days.  I wore my suede jacket, just my suede jacket.  Glad to have helped.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Eh?

Swansea qualified for the Europa League by winning the League Cup under Laudrup in 2013.  Monk only managed Swansea for 2 games in Europe; they were knocked out of the competition by Napoli after a 3-1 away defeat in a two-legged tie.

Oh ho ho, but Monk guided Swansea to their highest position ever (8th) in his first full season as gaffer.  More than Laudrup could attain.

1 minute ago, Westfield Owl said:

I know he did; I’m not criticising Monk’s spell at Swansea.

I was pointing out that @daveyboy66 claiming Monk guided Swansea into Europe is total b0llocks.

1 minute ago, Westfield Owl said:

I know he did; I’m not criticising Monk’s spell at Swansea.

I was pointing out that @daveyboy66 claiming Monk guided Swansea into Europe is total b0llocks.

Cheers.  We're on the same page.

10 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Good, good - I cracked one off for you over the babysitter video on Page 1 of Best Videos - Last 7 days.  I wore my suede jacket, just my suede jacket.  Glad to have helped.

I'm coming over to Spain next week, can you clean it a bit before I pick it up please?

I have to confess, I bought a Pierre Cardin one a few years ago that's almost identical, with the added bonus of not having to shift 20kgs to fit into it.lol

• Haha 1

Went to many Swansea games when Gary was manager 

Was sacked far too early there 

Most fans couldn't believe it but the owners then was bent as owt

Done a decent job at all his clubs

My main concern is he ain't bringing his own staff ,bullens times up for me ,this love the club doesn't wash with me 

He's proven he his tactically not good enough ,we need fresh ideas from the top to bottom 

Guest LondonOwl313
3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

When he was at Leeds they where 11 points clear of 7th place with 8 games to go and they still ended up missing out on the play offs by finishing 7th. As I’ve said I think he is a decent safe appointment. Will get my full backing but I’m just a little disappointed he has got the job. 

Obviously if that happened to your team you’d be p*ssed.. but a big part of that was because we won 6 on the spin to push ourselves in there and Fulham were also on fire. When your opponents win every game it only takes a few draws and losses for you to drop out.

The points haul they got to finish 7th was decent given the team they had

4 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Went to many Swansea games when Gary was manager 

Was sacked far too early there 

Most fans couldn't believe it but the owners then was bent as owt

Done a decent job at all his clubs

My main concern is he ain't bringing his own staff ,bullens times up for me ,this love the club doesn't wash with me 

He's proven he his tactically not good enough ,we need fresh ideas from the top to bottom 

Dont be too disheartened - Monk will implement his own style and management, I highly doubt they are going to continue with what they have been doing 

Also don’t forget - it’s the same backroom staff who were 2nd in the form table come the end of last year with Bruce, they’re not complete idiots ... Bullen just isn’t a gaffer

11 hours ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

We are behind them but I don't see that we are a small club compared to any of those you mention. 

Behind them currently yes, smaller no.

As far as I know (which granted isn't that much) Norwich is the only league team in the whole of Norfolk.

9 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Not sure, I’m ‘sure Wilder doesn’t take any poo, in fact I know he doesn’t, but he’s actually a very good tactician. Just being a horrible poopydoo, like Megson was, might bring you some short term, relative success, but ultimately you just end up falling out with people. That’s exactly how it is with Monk

Mate, I don’t doubt your football knowledge, but you form black and white opinions and put people in boxes very quickly. People develop and improve. I think we’ve got Monk at the perfect time. He needs this, we need promotion. He’s young, smart, disciplined and knows this division. I think he will need an older head on the bench by his side and revert Bullen to coaching duties. He has a good fitness coach and scout, I think this move has definitely improved us.

• Like 1