I’m glad we’ve hired Monk instead of the Cowleys...

1 minute ago, modboy said:

Cowley would have been ok if we were in league one and he could build momentum and rebuild. 

Don't think we have the time to rebuild, and we saw what happened last year with Jos when he tried to replace the old guard 

A gradual rebuild, but not a complete overhaul, we don’t need that

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Not exactly been a massive success at these clubs though has he. 

What 8 in the prem with a small club like Swansea... I'd measure that as success myself. And deducted 9 points at Birmingham and still kept them up!  That's arguably even better!  Wasn't my fist choice. But on his past clubs  he's done a good job.  And his style is good football with a high press. So it's a thumbs up from me. 

4 minutes ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

What 8 in the prem with a small club like Swansea... I'd measure that as success myself. And deducted 9 points at Birmingham and still kept them up!  That's arguably even better!  Wasn't my fist choice. But on his past clubs  he's done a good job.  And his style is good football with a high press. So it's a thumbs up from me. 

But then factor in how Leeds choked and ended up missing out on the play offs and did a very average job at Boro. 

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

But then factor in how Leeds choked and ended up missing out on the play offs and did a very average job at Boro. 

Leeds were nothing before he took over, and at Boro he only had half a season there. I'd put a lot more stock into the years he spend in the Prem with Swansea and the job he did at Brum keeping them up which was frankly a miracle with that squad.

Bruce was reshaping the club on all football matters he had a vision and philosophy and plan for the club modern managers are head coaches we needed somebody who’s been around football in this country for a while because I believe the club needs a strong character. We have an inexperienced chairman who means well but isn’t there yet no director of football but I’ve never bought into that role but perhaps it helps our club and no chief executive not that these rarely grasp football matters, Bruce brought in scouts and fitness coaches and started to build us for a certain way. Has Monk got this experience only time will tell there are not many that would have topped or equal Bruce for me 

for now though he gets backing because poisoning the appointment by not supporting him before he’s had a game is not going to achieve anything I understand the disappoint from some but let’s get behind it it’s done now 

What like Leeds choked last season  under a manager that everybody would  love at Hillsborough.  Yes Middlesbrough wasn't great  but all the best managers have failed somewhere! 

3 minutes ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

What like Leeds choked last season  under a manager that everybody would  love at Hillsborough.  Yes Middlesbrough wasn't great  but all the best managers have failed somewhere! 

When he was at Leeds they where 11 points clear of 7th place with 8 games to go and they still ended up missing out on the play offs by finishing 7th. As I’ve said I think he is a decent safe appointment. Will get my full backing but I’m just a little disappointed he has got the job. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

1 minute ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

Actually most Wednesday fans wouldn’t want him, he isn’t championship hardened enough for some, and the rest have never heard of him

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

When he was at Leeds they where 11 points clear of 7th place with 8 games to go and they still ended up missing out on the play offs by finishing 7th. As I’ve said I think he is a decent safe appointment. Will get my full backing but I’m just a little disappointed he has got the job. 

At Leeds, I think Monk was a victim of his own success.

Leeds were a mid-table team who finished 7th.

But because they'd been higher than 7th it was seen as failure, whereas in reality 7th was higher than they should have been anyway.

Where they 11 points clear of 3rd place? Genuine question. I don’t know. 

?? Don't know does it matter?  I know they was at least 5 at one stage. All I know is every side I've seen monk bring to Hillsborough I've been impressed with. Especially that Leeds side  and he had nowhere near the money Leeds spent last season. 

Personally I think it’s a good appointment .

but for those who do not like him for those who do .

we all have to stick together give him 100% backing and let him prove the doubters wrong

that’s the only thing you can do .

good luck monk on your journey It’s a long and successful one:Chansiri: