I’m glad we’ve hired Monk instead of the Cowleys...

19 minutes ago, shandypants said:

...because the “smallest” club Monk has managed is Swansea. He will have a good grasp of big players’ mentality. The Cowleys were unproven in this aspect. 

Totally agree. 

The reason so many got excited by the Cowley’s is because they have no “baggage”. 

Most of us are well aware of Monk and people make opinions prior to his appointment.

Id expect a lot had never thought about the Cowley brothers until this week! 

Monk is the best appointment we could have made in my opinion 

Edited by torres
  • Like 1

On paper, but for the agent issues, Monk was one of the best candidates. He’s still young but has managed big clubs in the top tiers. In a sober and sensible light and purely on the football he was one of the first ones I wanted alongside Rowett. The agent thing was probably the main reason why most didn’t think of him being a candidate. 

The cowleys would have generated a huge buzz and I think that would’ve been the main benefit from them this season and whilst I was keen on them too and dissapointed we didn’t get them for that reason, they have plenty of question marks over how they would step up too. I think they will do well whilst at Lincoln but if the chemistry changes elsewhere who knows. 

At least monk has dealt with some tricky scenarios already, particularly at Birmingham 

13 minutes ago, torres said:

Totally agree. 

The reason so many got excited by the Cowley’s is because they have no “baggage”. 

Most of us are well aware of Monk and people make opinions prior to his appointment.

Id expect a lot had never thought about the Cowley brothers until this week! 

Monk is the best appointment we could have made in my opinion 

He's certainly not a bad appointment. 

I believe some post opinions without scrutinising his record. 

Nah...not having it.

Monk won't be given the time to turn the whole club around. Which we need. His appointment has divided the fan base.

The Cowleys would have been afforded more time. They had the vast majority of fans supporting them and excited about them.

Fans can be fickle I know and it's a results based business. But I just think a few bad results and fans will be on his back early doors. 

He has a very tough job winning over a lot of people. I hope he does, but I just have a feeling he will be sacked within 18 months.

3 minutes ago, trev said:

Nah...not having it.

Monk won't be given the time to turn the whole club around. Which we need. His appointment has divided the fan base.

The Cowleys would have been afforded more time. They had the vast majority of fans supporting them and excited about them.

Fans can be fickle I know and it's a results based business. But I just think a few bad results and fans will be on his back early doors. 

He has a very tough job winning over a lot of people. I hope he does, but I just have a feeling he will be sacked within 18 months.

Well, as Brian Laws was our last manager to serve more than 18 months - and one of only of three to do so in the last 20 years - I think that's a given!

• Haha 1