Garry Monk "I'll give it everything"

59 minutes ago, peacock1961 said:

What honestly would have pleased you. 

About Monk being appointed today?

Nothing.

But that's just my opinion.

As usual there is no explanation why Monk has been chosen, yet.

What has DC seen in him? Why wait 7 weeks? 

That Presser was flat and as dull as dishwater. DC looked like a bulldog chewing a wasp

and Monk not far off. 

19 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Nothing.

That Presser was flat and as dull as dishwater. DC looked like a bulldog chewing a wasp

and Monk not far off. 

Who did you want?

DC said he likes his CV - he’s done well at clubs with a lower calibre if played.

Unlike when you sack a manager having one just get up and leave puts you on the back foot.. maybe he wanted to see if Bullen could deliver .. in fairness Bullen deserved a chance but failed.  And to be fair Bullen had given us food for thought up untill the last 2 games.

He’s appointed within the first week of an international break with the club nicely positioned - all seems about right to me.. especially as the the fan base was getting restless.

He clearly had his eye on 2 managers who didn’t want to come .. So Monk v Cowley .. Monk the clear standout by a mile!

12 minutes ago, dowls said:

Who did you want?

DC said he likes his CV - he’s done well at clubs with a lower calibre if played.

Unlike when you sack a manager having one just get up and leave puts you on the back foot.. maybe he wanted to see if Bullen could deliver .. in fairness Bullen deserved a chance but failed.  And to be fair Bullen had given us food for thought up untill the last 2 games.

He’s appointed within the first week of an international break with the club nicely positioned - all seems about right to me.. especially as the the fan base was getting restless.

He clearly had his eye on 2 managers who didn’t want to come .. So Monk v Cowley .. Monk the clear standout by a mile!

Bullen hasn't failed after 6 games.

The players failed at PNE and QPR. They were abysmal. 

Who are the clubs with lower calibre you speak of?

I guess we'll see if the players are as good as they seem to think they are.

Personally think we are mid table at best. 

As for who i'd want then I'd have been happier with the lads at the giants Lincoln

13 minutes ago, dowls said:

Who did you want?

Speed of it suggests cowely was interested and basically turned it down (for whatever reason, we can only speculate, but i think its over some sort of control). Dc knew he needed to appoint someone and monk was probably the best he could get. 

Im not overly pleased, but ill see how it goes. 

I wanted revolution, this seems to carry on a trend from before bruce. 

1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

Speed of it suggests cowely was interested and basically turned it down (for whatever reason, we can only speculate, but i think its over some sort of control). Dc knew he needed to appoint someone and monk was probably the best he could get. 

Im not overly pleased, but ill see how it goes. 

I wanted revolution, this seems to carry on a trend from before bruce. 

How’s appointing a solid championship manager with PL experience and playoff pushes at Leeds the same as Jos and Carlos ? Explain?

Cowley would of been another experiment the same as Jos and Carlos who were our revolutions!

5 minutes ago, dowls said:

How’s appointing a solid championship manager with PL experience and playoff pushes at Leeds the same as Jos and Carlos ? Explain?

Cowley would of been another experiment the same as Jos and Carlos who were our revolutions!

Think about what ive said, re read it. Its a continuation of carlos. The approach that resulted in the mess we currently find ourselves in. 

Bruce was the change from that. Cowely would have changed the club as a whole. Put down some solid club foundations. 

I could be wrong, time and history will tell. This just smacks as just chuck some mud and hope it sticks. 

But what do I know? 

13 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

It's not just about winning, losing and drawing.

It's about how we all do of the above.

Exactly and how we conduct business. Because unfortunately, rightly or wrongly, football is now a business. 

Get THAT wrong, AGAIN. I dread to think what might happen. We have enough on already, without the football bit. 

Edited by Maddogbob

2 hours ago, sweetsheri said:

Nothing.

and Monk not far off. 

Why would ANYONE explain to the self entitled on here never mind our chairman lol    Unbelievable

3 hours ago, vulva said:

He’s not telling us everything though. How’s about starting with how long his deal is. 

He needs t’bring a new backroom staff in anorl....as much I respect LB he’s taken us as far as he can now, need a clean slate, no player guaranteed as starting place.

Guest The Horse
5 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

They both looked reyt p1 ssed off.

4pm on a Friday afternoon.

Probably both wanted an early start at the booze with it being a weekend off before finishing off at the 7 Spices.

20 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Why would ANYONE explain to the self entitled on here never mind our chairman lol    Unbelievable

So a football club chairman isn’t expected to explain why a manager has been appointed? Tell the fans what he sees as the guys strengths? What his plans and strategy will be?

2 hours ago, sweetsheri said:

Nothing.

and Monk not far off. 

I bet your pretty close aswell mate arnt ya?

Just now, sweetsheri said:

So a football club chairman isn’t expected to explain why a manager has been appointed? Tell the fans what he sees as the guys strengths? What his plans and strategy will be?

No he'd expect the new manager to do that...however given the level of football intelligence on here anything would be a waste of time...if the cap fits etc