Press Conference - Video

1 hour ago, swfcGibbo said:

I don't really get the issues? It's clearly a language barrier and limited English. I think also that's merely Chansiri's resting bit*h face :D

Monk didn't actually say he wasn't bringing his own staff neither. It's clearly been a whirlwind appointment so he's probably taking stock before making a decision. I like Monk. He's a direct speaking, modern manager and i hope it works out for us. 

I honestly think this was a case of a last minute Press conference and a Chairman whose had a lot of poo to deal with recently.

8sqS.gif.3307dc1861631b4c7109c979d904505b.gif

• Haha 1

Just watched  press conference for the 1st time. I just wondered if there's so many constraints behind the scenes that there was very few who wanted the role.

However, the one bit I did pick out was when Monk said you have to have the right mentality in this league. That's something we've lacked for years. 

Bruce might have started to work on it, but let's hope Gary continues it and he becomes the most successful Wednesday manager ever. Because if not, then what's the point. 

I don't care what he does, how he does it, as long as we get results. Not my choice, but right now he's our manager and deserves our support.

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

Is it just me or does anyone find that a bit uncomfortable to watch.

Me.....I almost stopped it when 10 seconds passed without a question......that made me cringe, then Doom chipped in and DC responded by saying I think he was the best "choi" at the this time. At which point I was out...... lol

• Haha 2

Anyone coming into the job half decent at man management will (I hope) instantly get a better response out of these players. 

I hope we have James Beattie joingig us soon and a few others sounds like Bullen as assistant was a precondition for the job, I think that's a poor decision if your gonna get a manager in give him everything he wants regarding his staff, doubt Bullen would be his choice should of made him a coach but it's DCs club I guess.

Edited by keepitsteel89

1 hour ago, keepitsteel89 said:

Anyone coming into the job half decent at man management will (I hope) instantly get a better response out of these players. 

I hope we have James Beattie joingig us soon and a few others sounds like Bullen as assistant was a precondition for the job, I think that's a poor decision if your gonna get a manager in give him everything he wants regarding his staff, doubt Bullen would be his choice should of made him a coach but it's DCs club I guess.

People saying bullen needs to stay cause he knows the players. 

Give him a month, then give him his notice. 

Time for a proper change. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OughtibridgeOwl said:

People saying bullen needs to stay cause he knows the players. 

Give him a month, then give him his notice. 

Time for a proper change. 

I dont agree I've slated Bullen on here loads for saying hes ready for the job but I dont want him to leave, keep him as a coach and keep him there for good. Its always good to have some continuity and familiarity, the players know him well and he can be an outlet for them, help keep them happy  

Edited by keepitsteel89

19 hours ago, keepitsteel89 said:

I dont agree I've slated Bullen on here loads for saying hes ready for the job but I dont want him to leave, keep him as a coach and keep him there for good. Its always good to have some continuity and familiarity, the players know him well and he can be an outlet for them, help keep them happy  

It’s just opinion though isn’t it? Not fact. He may be an outlet, but that familiarity might be the familiarity of failure over a number or years. 

2 hours ago, OughtibridgeOwl said:

It’s just opinion though isn’t it? Not fact. He may be an outlet, but that familiarity might be the familiarity of failure over a number or years. 

I'm sorry did you assume I think I speak absolute truths lol? Obviously it's an opinion, everything in here is. And Bullen as a coach is a man following instructions on philosophy and training regiments not setting them. I highly doubt he will be givin any team talks either so his effect on the quad will be minimal if we fail now it's nothing to do with Bullen

5 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

I'm sorry did you assume I think I speak absolute truths lol? Obviously it's an opinion, everything in here is. And Bullen as a coach is a man following instructions on philosophy and training regiments not setting them. I highly doubt he will be givin any team talks either so his effect on the quad will be minimal if we fail now it's nothing to do with Bullen

It’s been continued failure for years while he has been here. 

11 minutes ago, OughtibridgeOwl said:

It’s been continued failure for years while he has been here. 

His caretaker stints have been woeful you won't find many arguing that. But as a coach under many different managers how much blame can he burden? I'm sure we have kit men and lunchladies who have been hear longer than him are they part of the failure as well? I know thats not quite the same but as a coach under a new manager you do what your told, it's team selections, tactics, eathos, player recruitment and leadership that win football games, and a coach dosnt have the authority to dictate hardly any of those things the manger dose.

Edited by keepitsteel89

28 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

I mean if different mangers were repeatedly requesting Bullen be sacked because as a coach he was failing to train the players in the way the manager wanted then fair enough but I don't think that's happened

I understand what you’re saying mate, I just think it’s time for a change. For the sake of the club, and for the sake of his career. It seems to me that he’s just stagnating. Could it be DC’s blind loyalty that’s keeping him here? I suppose we will never know. 

He comes across as a fantastic bloke, and I wish him all the best, but ultimately I want the best for the club. Whatever that may be. 

UTO

17 hours ago, OughtibridgeOwl said:

I understand what you’re saying mate, I just think it’s time for a change. For the sake of the club, and for the sake of his career. It seems to me that he’s just stagnating. Could it be DC’s blind loyalty that’s keeping him here? I suppose we will never know. 

He comes across as a fantastic bloke, and I wish him all the best, but ultimately I want the best for the club. Whatever that may be. 

UTO

fair play

On 07/09/2019 at 05:29, swfcGibbo said:

I don't really get the issues? It's clearly a language barrier and limited English. I think also that's merely Chansiri's resting bit*h face :D

Monk didn't actually say he wasn't bringing his own staff neither. It's clearly been a whirlwind appointment so he's probably taking stock before making a decision. I like Monk. He's a direct speaking, modern manager and i hope it works out for us. 

I honestly think this was a case of a last minute Press conference and a Chairman whose had a lot of poo to deal with recently.

He was interviewed 7 weeks ago...