Official Welm thread 2019/20

35 minutes ago, striker said:

I'd go 6.5/10. Monk is a young manager, with Premier  league and championship experience who has inherited a better squad than we had last year.

My only point of confusion, is why we waited 2 months, if he was the best candidate and available.Still, appointed now so hopefully we'll see some good football and consolidate around the play off positions.

Because we tried to hire the Cowleys?

Couldn't make this up, may as well call us  Investigation F.C

What a way to run a bloody football club.

my whelms off to read law and see if I can help out

But, he's our manager now, and i'll support him from the start and judge him on his success here.

Edited by quinnssweetshop
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, james o connor said:

Tbf who the hell in their right mind would want to manage us. The guy is here , let’s give him a fair crack. The deluded amongst us who thinks we are good enough for the play offs will be disappointed regardless of who’s In charge anyway 

3/10

Taken 6 weeks to get an out of work manager who by the looks of that press conference knows he's about 6th choice.

Not brought any backroom staff with him even though we are short there.

A manager who never stays anywhere long so the long term building that a manager of Hughton's ilk or even the philosophy of the Cowley management pair would bring.

I can honestly see us being in exactly the same position in a years time desperately seeking another uninspiring manager who will work under our delusional chairman (top 2 my arse)

I will support him as i have every manager we have had but I'm very concerned.

Edited by full fathom five
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, striker said:

I'd go 6.5/10. Monk is a young manager, with Premier  league and championship experience who has inherited a better squad than we had last year.

My only point of confusion, is why we waited 2 months, if he was the best candidate and available.Still, appointed now so hopefully we'll see some good football and consolidate around the play off positions.

It’s like Christmas Eve at 3:50 pm, when you need some onions for the sage and onion stuffing on Christmas Day. There’s only a dozen of loose onions left so you get the one that’s less bruised, and doesn’t feel soft when you squeeze it.

• Like 2

In real life the sun is shining and the birds are singing sweetly in the trees.

On Owlstalk meanwhile....

Too warm...

When's it goin to fookin' rain then?

Sodding birds, I'm trying to get some shut eye....

The sun used to be shinier than this...

That sparrer is out an tune...

That blue sky dunt ave no stripes...

And you ask where the whelm is? Where did you think it would be?

For me it's a 7.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

....and if it doesn't all go to plan the first few games, let's remember that it wasn't Monk who put us here, it was some disloyal cabbage-faced ratbag who left us well and truly in the merde just as we were about to start our season.

Big thanks to Bully, by the way. I'm sure he's disappointed at not getting the job but I don't think it would have been right for him and this way his reputation isn't too damaged by the muck n bullets of management, and the inevitable sacking that would come. Fantastic Club man, but not a Manager for us. Great news we're planning to keep him involved. Well done Bully, and thanks. Here's hoping you're always involved with this family.

36 minutes ago, poite said:

5/10

Better than the likes of Pulis, Zola, Coleman etc who have all previously been linked. 

But this appointment comes 48hrs after thinking we were appointing the Cowley's which has dented my optimism

A passing stray dog would be better than Zola and Coleman. 

Monk has a face you can’t trust. Looks like the sort who would be on 24hrs in police custody for fighting in a pub or stealing a hand bag

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

It’s like Christmas Eve at 3:50 pm, when you need some onions for the sage and onion stuffing on Christmas Day. There’s only a dozen of loose onions left so you get the one that’s less bruised, and doesn’t feel soft when you squeeze it.

Most real managers are in the pub at 3:50 pm on Christmas Eve...not fooookin sainsburys

:tango:

Never known such a negative bunch of ‘supporters’ as ours......People having a pop already and he hasn’t even taken a training session yet.....Jeeez, I thought the Geordies were fickle.....Not my first choice, but he’s here now so will get my backing...

Edited by cain
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

3/10

Taken 6 weeks to get an out of work manager who by the looks of that press conference knows he's about 6th choice.

Not brought any backroom staff with him even though we are short there.

A manager who never stays anywhere long so the long term building that a manager of Hughton's ilk or even the philosophy of the Cowley management pair would bring.

I can honestly see us being in exactly the same position in a years time desperately seeking another uninspiring manager who will work under our delusional chairman (top 2 my arse)

I will support him as i have every manager we have had but I'm very concerned.

I get the feeling that we may be facing financial grief and DC knows this , so maybe Monk is the only viable candidate willing to work under our current parameters...………..or we are still waiting for the Bruce situation / compo to be sorted as it has gone very quiet on that front.

• Haha 1

Probably as good as we could expect. Would have been a lot happier if he had brought some new backroom staff with him though with some new ideas. I fear the status quo remaining which I feel has been stale for a long time. Anyway wish him the best and give him a 7

1 minute ago, cain said:

Never known such a negative bunch of ‘supporters’ as ours......People having a pop already and he hasn’t even taken a training session yet.....Jeeez, I thought the Geordies were fickle 

I believe our fans are more concerned about the fact it taken DC 6 weeks to bring in an out of work manager. Something doesn't sit right and im not buying into this he wanted to see how Bullen did as he knew Bullen's capabilities from his previous spell in charge.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

I get the feeling that we may be facing financial grief and DC knows this , so maybe Monk is the only viable candidate willing to work under our current parameters...………..or we are still waiting for the Bruce situation / compo to be sorted as it has gone very quiet on that front.

That would be the worry

• Haha 1