In a nutshell

Monk isn’t bringing any other staff and has to work with Bullen as assistant.

No wonder it took so long to get somebody willing to work under these constraints. 

Why keep Bullen? What does he add? Clearly a nice bloke but he’s been here under so many failed regimes. 

Fresh ideas needed under fresh management IMO.

I'd argue he adds knowledge of the current squads abilities and inabilitys. Knows the youth set up, players and staff. And brings some continuity. Plenty of people have worked for the club under failed regimes, should we sack everyone at the club top to bottom? We're already short in the coaching department, and Bullen is a loyal and decent coach. No need to get rid at all.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ThisCityIsOurs88 said:

No wonder it took so long to get somebody willing to work under these constraints. 

Why keep Bullen? What does he add? Clearly a nice bloke but he’s been here under so many failed regimes. 

Totally agree. 

Players are under achieving under the current regime - looks like it’s easy street and far too comfortable 

New coaches/ideas/views required 

4 minutes ago, ThisCityIsOurs88 said:

Or maybe.......................................

Monk no longer has his own staff as they have other jobs, so opted to have Bullen as his assistant as he knows the players abilities etc

1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

Or maybe.......................................

Monk no longer has his own staff as they have other jobs, so opted to have Bullen as his assistant as he knows the players abilities etc

more likely the chairman has said  Bullen stays 

7 minutes ago, ThisCityIsOurs88 said:

Im sure if hes not bringing anybody in it's not down to DC, so stop spouting shíte on here .

I'm glad Bullen is still here, I didn't want him as manager because this job is too big for a novice, but he is a great man to have around the club, and his experience with these players will give Monk a big insight. I still expect Monk to add a couple of people to his team in the coming months, but it's good that Bullen is still here.

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

9 minutes ago, ThisCityIsOurs88 said:

Said he would work with the staff already here but also said something along the lines of looking if help needed.

New managers usually find a way of bringing in a trusted assistant. Give him time to find his feet.

Must say he looked a bit more chuffed to appointed than Bruce who sat in the Caribbean for a month.

19 minutes ago, ThisCityIsOurs88 said:

Its another money saving idea brought to you by DC.

Fair enough Bullen being kept on but not as assistant manager. Monk needs to bring his own people in. Could never imagine this sort of thing happening at other clubs. Can’t be easy for Bullen going from manager to assistant. I think a lot of people put in that position would walk away with a bit of respect for themselves. 

5 minutes ago, ThisCityIsOurs88 said:

Just don’t really get the love in with Bullen 

Nah, me neither , I can’t stand the fact a bloke who works his absolute heart out for Sheffield Wednesday football club gets time of day and respect, a bloke who’s proven he can step upto the plate and provide stability time and time again when the clubs in trouble 

It’s an absolute disgrace, get him out of the club and bring in someone like David Hirst eh ?  A proper club ‘legend’ with best interests of club at heart I’ve heard 

I wish he’d brought his own assistant. We lost a manager and 2 very good coaches in the summer. Hopefully Monk gets to bring in his own, he didn’t say no to the question just that he’s looking forward to working with what we have.