Dodgy manager.

52 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I think this is the time Paxiao and the rest may actually benefit us.

It could stifle Monks agent and not give him a peep at anything. 

Monk may request these players and it could be left to Paxiao etc to conclude the deals. 

Hope so. 

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Monk under investigation

FF guilty

ground sale under investigation

Sag SYP etc

EFL w ith thier eyes on us...

Do you think they are simply rounding every f.ooker up and placing them in Hillsborough?

Be like sodding WACO come the end of the season!

SYP already have tanks on standby for the Everton match

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Monk under investigation

FF guilty

Sag SYP etc

Do you think they are simply rounding every f.ooker up and placing them in Hillsborough?

fit's in well then lol 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Monk under investigation

FF guilty

Sag SYP etc

:sad: all together now ... always look on the bright side of life 

5 hours ago, markg said:

Not thrilled about the prospect of him spending money purposely over paying for players to help his agent to be honest 

Hmm wouldn't mind over paying too much as long as the players he signs actually put a shift in and pull on a shirt. 

Unlike our weird transfers when Carlos was here and our dodgy agency paxo signed players that never played. 

6 hours ago, Buddy Repperton said:

Are we gonna start -  diving about under any contact, kicking the ball away when free kicks given, smiling and putting our arm around the ref etc etc etc...........

Well, we did ask for entertainment...

p-20150913-00395_news.jpg?fit=outside%7C

I've read into this agent stuff a little - my take:

The Middlesboro stuff is potentially concerning - although interesting how it came out after the Birmingham story. We all know how Steve Gibson likes to jump on any bandwagon going to cast himself as some sort of white knight crusading against things bad in modern football (debt, agents, etc...). Despite being one of the worst culprits himself. But it doesn't look particularly good.

The Birmingham story seems like a lot of hot air. You've got a 37 year old CEO with a big ego and negligible knowledge of European football. He made his name in China were corruption in business is commonplace, nonemoreso than in football. Clearly part of the issue was that this CEO wanted to sign players without having to consult Monk. Not unreasonably Monk wouldn't be too happy about that. Then you have this...

But other issues arose when, on May 18, Ren said the chairman and owner, Chinese businessman Paul Suen Cho Hung, wanted the team to play 'more possession-based, attacking football' next season. When the season finished, we didn't have a proper sit down,' said Ren. 'But our owner gave me clear instruction that we need to play clear, possession-based attacking football. That wasn't an order. I said to Gary "what do you think?". I told him on the 18th of May. You know what Garry's reaction was? He said whoever said that doesn't have a f*****g clue about football.

Usually the fans are the first to complain about the style of football. But everything I've heard from Birmingham fans were that they were appreciative and enjoying the football. I'd take the word of 20,000 Birmingham fans over Paul Suen Cho Hung. Particularly considering the farce last time they tried for possession-based attacking football with Zola.

So, the CEO Xuandong Ren needs to sack Monk to exert his control and needs to try and find a reason why to deflect the ire of the fans. So, why not take a play from the classic Chinese business playbook and throw a load of muck at your business rival. It is what everyone right up to the mega-billion companies like Alibaba and Tencent do in China.

According to data published earlier this year by the Football Association, Featherstone was involved in nine of the 18 deals conducted by Birmingham after Monk arrived at the club in March 2018. He represented Birmingham in the deals that brought Danish defender Kristian Pedersen and Northern Ireland goalkeeper Lee Camp to the club and for seven other transactions that saw players leave.

Birmingham were breaking FFP rules and needed to get players off their books. So it doesn't seem unreasonable that the manager of the team would employ an agent to help him do this. And pretty successfully by the looks of things, getting rid of 7 - although most of the players seem to be fringe players going to lower league clubs.

As for the two transfer in - Lee Camp was a free transfer who played every game (50 so far) since he joined. Pedersen was signed for £2.5 million and is now valued at £4m on Transfermarkt.

Clearly the situation will need to be monitored closely - but as this is all now in the open I guess there will be a lot more scrutiny. Wolves used their relationship with agents to sign Neves, Jimenez, Jota, Boly, etc. So if this Featherstone can help sign players like Pontus Jansson, Pablo Hernandez, Kyle Barkley, etc (no idea if he was involved in these deals - but these were some Monk-era signings for Leeds) then it might actually be an advantage. No transfers get done these days without agents - no doubt Bruce used his contacts to his advantage to sign Harris and Borner in the summer.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

So you find that kind of game ok to watch do you ? .

Like I say, if we do it in moderation and it helps us win games. While ever teams come to Hillsborough and do it, and they all do, we ought to be doing the same. I like it when we score, I like it when we win. I don't care how. I'm shallow like that. 

• Thanks 1