Which appointments were you happy with?

Jos.

We were in a bad way during CC's last few months then after he left before the embargo and injuries all really came to light...we appointment a manager from Germany's 2nd division that nobody has ever heard of. Plus I don't think Jos ever really understood how bad things were until it was too late...not giving him any excuses to why he was so poor with us but on reflection i think that becomes quite clear.

Whoever took over after CC had a real mess to clear up, very few could have turned it into something positive.

Going back the last 20 odd years I would say Big Ron second time, Sturrock then Bruce. Most of the others I was gutted about apart from Jewell (who at then time I thought was decent - and I still don't solely blame him for us being cack), Gray and Now Monk who were Meh. The rest were all very disappointing in my opinion. Jones was weird as I wasn't keen then thought it was a master stroke then wanted him gone all in a few short months !

I figure I can remember back to danny Williams, so

the one's I've been happy with are big jack, bfr (both times), megson, bruce.

all the rest have either been a disappointment, or BIG disappointment to me. 

some have proven me wrong, dave jones did for a start, but only the start, then he went to great lengths to prove me right.

I was gutted with Irvine, but IF you'd have put Irvine and coco together in one body you might have had a manger, but then thinking about it we'd have never got over the half way line.

listen 'classy, highly skilled' footballers cost good money, and the powers that be seem determined to stop us in relation to the money side of the club.

so perhaps the time has come for us to have a hard working, skilled, determined, fit side, with pace up top, and greedy in front of goal.

we ain't gonna buy our way outa this division, there's too much 'dirty money' throwing about for that to happen.

2 hours ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Jos.

We were in a bad way during CC's last few months then after he left before the embargo and injuries all really came to light...we appointment a manager from Germany's 2nd division that nobody has ever heard of. Plus I don't think Jos ever really understood how bad things were until it was too late...not giving him any excuses to why he was so poor with us but on reflection i think that becomes quite clear.

Whoever took over after CC had a real mess to clear up, very few could have turned it into something positive.

are we actually sure beyond doubt that jos' had been the manager of a football team?, and not at the local funeral directors?, or the bloke the bank sent around to tell you some ethiopian had just emptied your bank account?

i'm just going on his appearance, enthusiasm, and apparent football knowledge. 

I started following the club in the days of Big Jack - so while I wasn't around for his appointment I loved the man.

Wilko I didn't know enough about but he did a cracking job.

The first real biggy (in more ways than one) was Mr Atkinson, we were a fairly unfashionable club, playing a pretty direct style whilst he was Mr Bojangles from the mighty Manchester United, an interviewers dream always there with a ready quip, the fact he came to us was a total bolt from the blue and he changed the football philosophy completely and was the catalyst of the good times to come.

From Pleat onwards we were employing men to plug the holes in a sinking ship, managers who'd come off the back of decent achievements elsewhere but never reached the heights again.

I was happy with Sturrock after thinking he'd been treat a bit harshly by Southampton.

No one really caught the eye after as Carlos was a total unknown (but he did wel)l until cabbage head turned up, great record of promotions from this league and gave us all hope until an obese owner of tacky sports shops stuck his oar in.