Press conference called for 4pm

Guest The Horse

Supposed to have quite the ego and rather feisty.

Just what our bunch of under-performing divas need.

There's some serious talent in that squad like we've seen when they can actually be bothered.

Doubt Monk will take kindly to any shirkers.

And he knows this league inside out.

Just what we need to be honest.

Big warm welcome to our latest Garry. 

Clearly, we have been snubbed by any decent manager and Monk must be a pariah in football so cheap and willing. Last chance.

And Featherstone v Paxo will be interesting for agents' bunce / fans' money.

Ethically, the only way lower now for us is accepting dosh from Bin Laden mob.

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Underwhelmed by that press conference, DC looked pissed off, didn't detect any chemistry between the two and didn't seem much interest from the local press. 

Reading between the lines, wouldn't surprise me if he was the only one willing to work with our existing backroom staff, without bringing in his own people and may explain why the Cowley link went cold. 

Still, wish him the best of luck because the bottom line is that I want our club to be successful and he's now our manager. 

That's some proper double line spaced reading you're doing there my friend

Just now, fred mciver said:

Clearly, we have been snubbed by any decent manager and Monk must be a pariah in football so cheap and willing. Last chance.

And Featherstone v Paxo will be interesting for agents' bunce / fans' money.

Ethically, the only way lower now for us is accepting dosh from Bin Laden mob.

Thats the spirit :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Underwhelmed by that press conference, DC looked pissed off, didn't detect any chemistry between the two and didn't seem much interest from the local press. 

Reading between the lines, wouldn't surprise me if he was the only one willing to work with our existing backroom staff, without bringing in his own people and may explain why the Cowley link went cold. 

Still, wish him the best of luck because the bottom line is that I want our club to be successful and he's now our manager. 

Suspect you’re correct

i found that very underwhelming from both of them...not a promising start.

But he has my support UTO

2 minutes ago, Owlsend said:

You already stated in the press conference that Bullen will be assistant manager

Not happy with this. He is part of the problem. It's totally down to Monk then to provide the fresh ideas. Total joke.

Just now, striker said:

DC looked knackered  and certainly not jubilant 

case of chatting kate bekinsale up  getting knocked back and ending up with teresa may 

• Haha 1

Glad we went with the experienced Championship manager profile. No complaints from me. Would’ve been the cherry on the cake had he got a couple of promotions on his CV but the sort of manager I was asking for, and others who wanted a younger, forward thinking sort.

Far better than that couple of non-leaguers SteelOwl and Snoots were touting. Very Home Bargains them 2/3 or how many of them there are. Paying more than one of them probably put Mr C off. 

:ph34r:

Good job Tim’s my pal lol

Edited by theowlsman

1 minute ago, Lincowl said:

Drab appointment and drab press conference.

Would have been easier to take without the hope of Cowleys taking over. Why didn’t any journalists ask about them?

Really.

Press conference announcing new manager and you want to ask Chansiri why not Cowley's in front of him.

Kinell.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lincowl said:

Drab appointment and drab press conference.

Would have been easier to take without the hope of Cowleys taking over. Why didn’t any journalists ask about them?

Yeah, because a journalist is going to ask about a rumoured manager at a new manages press conference aren't they?

It really bothers me how much Chansiri seems to rely solely on CVs. 

I've said this in the past, but I feel that he approaches manager appointments like a local business. Just reads the highlights, has a chat with a few and picks one. 

I'm not saying Monk is the wrong choice. Only time will tell but I wish we had an owner or DOF who truly knew alot about the personality we were bringing to the club rather than what's purely written on paper.

Any way. Welcome to S6 Garry. WAWAW

Edited by poite