Press conference called for 4pm

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Getting tempted by Cowley and ending up with Monk is like buying a fit bird drinks all night only to go home with her fat mate who’s tuppence stinks of Weetabix. 

Weetabix?

You've met some strange women mate

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 minute ago, swfcGibbo said:

Couple of comments from a Brum friend of mine:

Yeah I really rated him! Got us well organised and playing to our strengths which was much needed after the Zola/Redknapp/Cotterill fiascos. I felt we were on an upwards curve last year and if he had had the same amount if investment Pep Clotet has had, could have maintained a Play off challenge this year. Weve got some good results this year but more from luck than quality play IMO. He also brought back a sense of pride and passion to the club - hence rising attendances last year - and did some good work in the community. Still sad that we lost him. Theres been a lot of stuff in the press about his relationships with agents etc. but I can only judge him from performances and results on the pitch and I think you have got yourselves a good manager there! Better than Brucie anyway!

Steady mate, that almost sounds like a positive view point. Will not get much traction on here. Go for more sheer panic and 'we are doomed' if you want more responses.

Honestly, i don't know how it will go with him. really willing to give him a shot and just see.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Do you think Chansiri is ready for selling up? 

The way business is being conducted it'd be a possibility.

I suppose I should wait to see whats said about the length of contract... if it is monk and done by dodgty agents, it'll be a 20 year contract with options to inherit the club at the end.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, tommycockles said:

To be fair, it did seem a bit of a stretch that they'd turn down udders, with a squad just out of prem and years of parachute payments giving them a very competitive budget, to say yes to us with an aging championship squad and a just out of yet another embargo budget. Didn't seem to logical to me!?? 

Maybe, but Huddersfield look to have bigger problems that can’t just be solved with money at the moment.

A lot of people turning their nose up at Monk

Then in the next sentence asking what brand of football he plays

You couldn't make it up

Gary Monk is a bloody good manager, his teams play decent football

I am delighted

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.