PROS

Did very well at Swansea, Leeds and Birmingham

Knows the division

Knows what its like to manage under an embargo :biggrin:

CONS

Alleged financial shenanigans

Middlesborough

Falls out with chairmen

I think our Chairman needs someone to fall out with him/tell him what's what.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

I'm underwhelmed, but I would have been horrified by Pulis so I suppose it could have been worse. If Monk's links with dodgy agents aren't a factor then that removes a big question mark - his experience in this division is decent but not dazzling.

I'd have rather had the Cowleys but they evidently didn't want to come, I'd have rather had Rowett too but evidently DC doesn't fancy him. Bullen's unfortunately proven that he's not viable as anything other than an extreme short-term option, so we end up with Monk. Can't say I'd be surprised if we're searching for another new manager next summer.

Tend to agree with all that

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

He was my first suggestion when Bruce left.

I'm fine with this appointment he has a good record at clubs like ours. 

His teams are always competitive.

He wouldn't be my first choice but It could just work.

This investigation regarding Brum and Boro is something or nothing if you read all about it, blow out of all proportion.

7 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Should have been Cowleys. Have a feeling we will regret not getting them in. To be honest can’t blame them for not wanting to work under a chairman like DC though. 

How do you know that’s the case? DC isn’t the chairmen at Huddersfield and West Brom and he turned them down. 

Not everything is DC fault. 

1 minute ago, 1993swfc said:

Knowing them well doesn’t get results. I just think it’s time to say cheers Bully but we all need a fresh start. 

Never said it did, but having in depth knowledge of their strengths/weaknesses and general character would surely be info that would be invaluable to pass on to speed up Monk's consideration of what he's got available!?