Press conference called for 4pm

It’s a dull appointment, not one that will cause any interest to the footballing world. But hopefully he can motivate the current squad into being a  6-10th place team.  That’s pretty much the best we can hope for these days with the financial issues and FA wanting to stop our players performing.  Just wished for something more exciting for our club really 

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

Be interesting to hear the spin on why it’s taken nearly 2 months to appoint an unemployed manager. 

DC genuinely was giving Bullen every opportunity? 

After QPR decided he's seen enough. Hope to goodness Bullen isn't number 2.

Guest Ferkorf
5 minutes ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Aye !

10/1

But did you lump on it?lol

I wouldn't say lump but I had 3x free £5 bets on him at skybet so that gives me £150 back which to be fair only leaves me about £100 down on my rowett bets lol

1 minute ago, Owls-Fan said:

It’s a dull appointment, not one that will cause any interest to the footballing world. But hopefully he can motivate the current squad into being a  6-10th place team.  That’s pretty much the best we can hope for these days with the financial issues and FA wanting to stop our players performing.  Just wished for something more exciting for our club really 

Would have been a massive interest from the footballing world if we had got Cowley in. Majority of people now will no doubt be laughing their heads off that we have got dodgy Monk in. 

7 minutes ago, steelowl said:

because everyone else offered the job said feck off 

Monk was on a one-year rolling contract at Leeds, and given his experience working with an "unconventional" a chairman, he may have been the last reasonable option willing to take the gig.

Still don't understand why a manager of Bruce's calibre was given a one-year deal, if he was expected to build something.

Edited by bobness

Slightly underwhelming, however, anyone but that shitcap wearing, four centre backs using, smash it forward anywhere and get a set piece bellend, Tony Pulis.

If it was a choice between the two I would have helicoptored my n0b around Meadowhall when DC chose Monk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, vulva said:

He can’t say that though surely. Hence the spin.  To note an existing employee isn’t good enough wouldn’t go down well. 

He doesn't need to say anything to be fair. Bullen had the job, now it appears a new man is to be appointed. It's not first time Bullen stepped up only to be subsequently 'demoted' for another appointment!

1 minute ago, bobness said:

Monk was on a one-year rolling contract at Leeds, and given his experience working with an "unconventional" a chairman, he may have been our last reasonable option willing to take the gig.

Still don't understand why a manager of Bruce's caliber was given a one-year deal, if we was expected to build something.

I get the feeling you're struggling to understand how a 'rolling contract' works. lol

• Haha 3

I'd have preferred a gamble - something I think need we need to have a chance to take us to the next level. With Monk you'd guess we'd be anywhere from 7th to 15th. With someone more left field the potential range would have been wider but with a bigger chance of success. £43 a ticket to watch a Garry Monk side though.