Garry Monk new odds on favourite!

Don't mind Monk, but wouldn't be particularly excited about his appointment, other than he's better than Bullen and infinently better than Pulis.

If DC's issue with Rowett was "what's he done?" Don't see what's different about Monk and the allegations (following him from 2 different clubs)  makes me nervous given the important work needed on recruitment in upcoming windows.

Guest Ferkorf

If we don't end up with the Cowleys I'll have a bit of a strop but I did originally say Hughton Monk or Rowett so I guess i cant grumble

With that being said Lets face it, we arent getting Monk its just another name for the betting monkeys to keep us spending

Edited by Ferkorf

I can't be the only one who thinks Monk isnt bad appointment. He was certainly in my 'Id be happy with' category and a lot better than most. 

Absolute dream land if you think we'd pay compo for a guy in work when we're skint and under investigation. 

Monk is a safe, good yet slightly boring option

1 hour ago, Quist said:

When Bruce left he was my first choice thought he would suit our squad and do well. I did not know about allegations against him until someone pointed them out when I mentioned his name. In his defence they do come from Gibson who likes to blame everyone as we know.

I think like Rowett he would be decent here and will play to our strengths.

But the agent doesn’t have a great rep

from what I hear

44 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

What qualities has Monk got that might interest DC? Every time I write DC in the future it will make me think of Cowley and what could have been. 

Out of work, cheap. That's the qualities. I just wanted a manager with some bloody fire in him to kick this side into action.