Garry Monk new odds on favourite!

Owlstalk - Come on DC hire someone

X has been linked with coming to the club

Half of Owlstalk - He'll do

Other half - Oh god please no

X has rubbished claims he is coming to SWFC

Owlstalk - Come on DC hire someone

And so on, and so on, and so on

There is no stand out candidate and by hiring these so so managers DC may recognise he'll be jumping from the frying pan and into the fire.

He can't call all possible managers so so in a statement as that is rude, He can't say that he isn't certain on Bullen yet but he is going to give him more time as everyone would just kick off about that.

Hughton said no and the cowleys have just turned down Huddersfield publicly so perhaps they are not wanting to leave Lincoln yet. But i am clutching at straws saying that Cowleys would be a sure fire hit.

I can't give you a name i feel really happy about except Hughton. Maybe DC is feeling the same but can't publicly say that.

As for Monk, just bookies doing the rounds, will not happen.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Please no, no, no. We are really scraping the Barrell with this guy.  Get Alex Neil in from PNE.  He is rated a treasure there and according to their Forums can get players to play to their full potential and has respect of both fans and players.

Why would niel come here??? 

It's all very well people saying, Dc get niel in, we want the cowley bro's. 

The fact is if they don't want the job then Dc can't force them to do it. 

Yes he can maybe offer some more cash, but it's not a guarantee they would accept. 

I think the OP is absolutely spot on.

The General

"Oi! Who the **** are you? Get off my keyboard and get out of my house. Use the back door please. SAG/SYP have blocked access to the front. AND SHUT THE DOOR FFS!"

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Please no, no, no. We are really scraping the Barrell with this guy.  Get Alex Neil in from PNE.  He is rated a treasure there and according to their Forums can get players to play to their full potential and has respect of both fans and players.

See bold type. and remember - It doesn't matter ifhe's Pep Guardiola,R.Mancini, or any other. If they don't want to sign, you cannot make them. And at this moment, Wedn4sday are NOT an attractive proposition.!

We are in stuck with - The FA over ground sales, FFP, embargos etc, One of our star players is facing a possibl;e 6 match ban and anything else they can drag up.

- SAG/SYP over safety  issues. Our own fans are barred from using half the ground. Our exit, via Penistone Rd.iscausing friction with motorists, 

and many other smaller issues undoubtably    

Our fan base is intensely divided on who is the right man, and these issues will inevitably impinge on the Manager, the Coach, and the Players.

Not exactly the best time to be taking on the Managememt of an underachieving club.

So, just how do you persuade ANYONE to take on that proposition. I'm a  dyed-in-the-wool Wednesdayite, and I wouldn't even consider it! 

And bear in mind, shopping around for a Manager is far fron being like the weekly ALDI shop.. Good managers are not sat on the shelves, waiting to be picked up and popped in your shopping trolley.

40 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Can we please respect the O/P please ?

and sign off your post as he has done ...

Show some respect for The General in this instance  ?

Thanks in advance ....

Neil Hargreaves ...............

Good idea. 

Neil Hargreaves 

I can see this playing out....

Sept 10th - Proposed manager cleared of all  criminal charges due to lack of any evidence in Crown Court. The judge sums up "You leave this court with no stain in your character other than you have been acquitted by a Sheffield jury"

Sept 11th - Proposed manager, now totally exonerated, is gien a frsh start and is appointed as new Sheffield Wednesday manager.

December 2019 - results start picking up and Wednesday go on an unbeaten run

Many 2020 - Wednesday just finish outside the top six withmuch optimism for next season

July 31st 2020 - FA and EFL impose lifetime ban on new SWFC manager over same allegations from 2018. "We have a lesser burden of proof" says FA spokesperson.

Aug 1st 2020 - SWFC, now managerless with only eight days to the start of the new season, put in appeal

Sept 10th 2020 - Appeal to FA overruled. Sentence commuted from lifetime ban to death by lethal curry with no naan bread. "We have a lesser burden of proof" says FA spokesperson.

Sept 11th 2020 - Wednesday managerless again. Bullen gets pelters.

• Haha 1