Deflated

14 hours ago, martyn8484 said:

No manager, under performing team, under investigation for sale of the stadium, players being banned despite being cleared in a court of law, FFP cloud forever looming, fans booing players before kick-off

Makes me feel like packing it all in.

M8BumbDSaALdu.gif

• Haha 1

From the mid eighties to the mid nineties we were an established tp flight club, albeit a temporary one season relegation. But we came strongly. Since then we have been no better than average. Its only the loyalty of our fans that keeps us worth a mention in footballing circles. As a club we are way off a return to the top flight. I am not holding my breath its gonna be anytime soon. Gutted but realistic.

19 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Man up, 7 years ago we were on the verge of admin and were looking over our shoulders in League One with a team containing a load of shot to s*it players like Gary Teale, Clinton Morrison and Chris Sedgwick. Things are far from terrible at the minute.

They were the days where James O'Connor used to practise headers in the warm ups....

(For those who don't remember he was 5 ft 4)

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

They were the days where James O'Connor used to practise headers in the warm ups....

and who can forget Chris Sedgwick’s concrete boots . I’ve never seen a player before or since who made running look so  difficult.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Remember him heading one wide away to Peterborough to which my response was 'if he scores with a header I'll get the next 2 rounds in". I'm not known for my generosity where money is concerned and it wasn't my round next anyway. Within minutes the little ginger f**ker had headed us in front. :bullen: 

5 hours ago, oldowl67 said:

and who can forget Chris Sedgwick’s concrete boots . I’ve never seen a player before or since who made running look so  difficult.

Known as the Yorkshire Express in his time at Preston. By the time he joined us he resembled a broken down Yorkshire Traction bus.

On 05/09/2019 at 15:49, martyn8484 said:

No manager, under performing team, under investigation for sale of the stadium, players being banned despite being cleared in a court of law, FFP cloud forever looming, fans booing players before kick-off

Makes me feel like packing it all in.

Embarrassing 

On 05/09/2019 at 17:52, theowlsman said:

I reckon we'll still get promoted.

If we bring in an experienced Championship manager with a record of getting teams promoted to the Premier League sharpish.

See you at Wembley son ;-)lol