EFL commission independent ground valuation?

I do enjoy the usual suspects getting all wound up about DC being useless and not knowing what he's doing, despite the fact that they have literally zero idea what the EFL will come back with. Bedwetting at it's finest.

Has anyone considered the idea that this is the EFL's way of getting certain member off their backs, quickly and very easily? They commission and independent valuation of the stadiums, they come around, have a quick look and come to the conclusion that yes, they are worth what was paid, now bugger off Steve and stop bothering us. 

4 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Apart from Carillion and a few others recently 

It's a hot topic and serious questions about Auditing and regulation being asked now

Aren't the big boys (KPMG and Delloit in particular) getting their innards pulled out through their arseholes at the moment over their competition practices and awful audit practices?

Edited by Minton
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Dronfield Blue said:

We're in the poo then?

Not sure I am however sure those involved in this valuation will have considered this and all the other points I have raised. 

I think questioning their professionalism by the EFL would be interesting to see the correspondence !

3 minutes ago, Minton said:

I do enjoy the usual suspects getting all wound up about DC being useless and not knowing what he's doing, despite the fact that they have literally zero idea what the EFL will come back with. Bedwetting at it's finest.

Has anyone considered the idea that this is the EFL's way of getting certain member off their backs, quickly and very easily? They commission and independent valuation of the stadiums, they come around, have a quick look and come to the conclusion that yes, they are worth what was paid, now bugger off Steve and stop bothering us. 

Yeh, always same ones innit , quite funny really 

Think there’s odd few about on here that will never be happy until D.C. has packed up and gone home 

Just now, Minton said:

Aren't the big boys (KPMG and Deloit in particular) getting their innards pulled out through their arseholes at the moment over their competition practices and awful audit practices?

Yes !

The regulator is getting a kicking as well

I have got out of it - it's no exaggeration that 6 months ago I nearly keeled over through the stress of audit - so I know the hoops you have to go through on signing off files 

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

Yes !

The regulator is getting a kicking as well

I have got out of it - it's no exaggeration that 6 months ago I nearly keeled over through the stress of audit - so I know the hoops you have to go through on signing off files 

I had a family member go through a bankruptcy with KPMG, so I know how utterly FUBAR the system can be. They were an absolute joke.

21 minutes ago, NorfolkNChance said:

Yeah big 4 or not auditors don’t put their neck on the line for no one. If it doesn’t look right they won’t sign it off.

Tell investors in Patisserie Valerie, Carillion etc that auditors are infallible 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/business/2019/jul/10/watchdog-finds-work-of-patisserie-valerie-auditor-unacceptable

5 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

Hope you're right.

I'm sure the professional indemnity insurers will wade in too.

Probably too big for the EFL to tackle the auditors and the insurers.

Well if you are saying accounts are wrong then the repercussions could be huge. 

It takes years but it would be a disciplinary matter as well 

EFL desperately attempting to create an aura of competence after ***king over Bury?

As per?   Rotherham children + SYP = Cliff Richard?

Should we await the EDL tipping off the British B*llsh*t Corporation when the valuers are about to raid Hillsborough?

Edited by Charles Clegg