EFL commission independent ground valuation?

9 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

And facts are EFL will say it’s worth whatever there tin pot independent firm says it is 

So, what needs to happen is someone needs to come in with a bid, right now.   That bid will be rejected.

So lets say "Grandad incorporated" bids £89m and Chansiri's business says, no - i'm sorry I will only accept £385m 

What you have there is something that would be accepted in a court of law.

fizz the EFL, about time someone sued them and showed them up to be the inadequate organisation they are. 

Hopefully a triumvirate of those involved will take the EFL to the cleaners if they don't wind their neck in.

(Of course I realise the ground purchases were dodgy as fizz, but just because it exposed a flaw, the EFL shouldn't drag this out to try and save face)

Edited by striker

Surely the club got the OK from the league to complete such a transaction on the terms completed?

Or does such business practice not exist in the wild west world of football in 2019.

Seems to me we may have gone down the route of pleading forgiveness, rather than permission. 

Just now, Hitcat said:

They've already given it the green light haven't they? Can't see how they can backtrack now. Sue the antiquated old crusters.

Think this is what may happen, EFL probs doing this to keep Gibson quiet 

Think it may be dodgy legal ground for them to start saying no your ground is only worth X ... nothing in there rules said this couldn’t happen they can’t change the goalposts now 

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

Can we just sue everything. Mansfield, the EFL, SAG the SYP, Newcastle, Mike Ashley, OH Leuven, Leicester, George Hirst the heavy handed stewards, Gary Teale, Bentley, Milan Mandaric's phone network provider. Lets have the lot of them. 

Yes!

6 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Sheffield Wednesday's ground sale is under investigation by Steve Gibson. He's reyt not happy and kicked wife and dog out tonight. The wife and dog are taking legal action as we speak against mr Gibson

I would quite happily nip to Middlesbrough and 'lose my poo' through his letterbox.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Can we just sue everything. Mansfield, the EFL, SAG the SYP, Newcastle, Mike Ashley, OH Leuven, Leicester, George Hirst the heavy handed stewards, Gary Teale, Bentley, Milan Mandaric's phone network provider. Lets have the lot of them. 

Channelled Delia there. Good work. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Was always gonna pop up this,  there ever actually been an official figure for what Chansiri pumped in for the ground ? 

60m 

And not "pumped in" the sum is still showing as money owed for the sale by the company that bought it - looked like it was payable over 8 years

Interesting stuff that the EFL would seek to dispute a valuation that was presumably professionally prepared and signed off as being "true and fair" by auditors. 

Just now, mkowl said:

60m 

And not "pumped in" the sum is still showing as money owed for the sale by the company that bought it - looked like it was payable over 8 years

Interesting stuff that the EFL would seek to dispute a valuation that was presumably professionally prepared and signed off as being "true and fair" by auditors. 

The EFL are above the law 

Hence why Forestieri is guilty of course

19 minutes ago, Bukta said:

Not when you are selling the asset to yourself. It has to be valued by an accredited third party to satisfy HMRC.

And seriously the auditors have to satisfy themselves as to the integrity of any valuation. Entire auditing standard on it. 

I got a slapped wrist by my reviewer for not adequately assessing the integrity of a Barclays portfolio report a client had.