EFL commission independent ground valuation?

8 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I blame that monk DC got to bless the stadium. He was a fraud and a conman .

The monk was brought in to help us avoid relegation

:Chansiri:

Edited by bobness
  • Haha 2

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

To be honest I think Chansiri should have played hard ball with himself on this one we held out for more..

"Your honour, in truth I got a steal of a deal, as the selling party is notorious for accepting nothing less than a 10x return!"

:Chansiri:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VBQ24 said:

I'm sure this club is cursed. 

During 1970s on our long run without a win this was the feeling amongst a lot fans, so we brought someone in to bless us, think it was a priest or vicar, started to pick a few points up after this if I remember rightly. 

18 hours ago, Animis said:

Technically that's true but requires a willing buyer and seller - this normally means two or more separate parties to achieve a market value .The key to all this is that the buyer and seller are the same party in all but name. This point isn't hidden and is simply to pump capital into the business. The EFL don't like for obvious reasons as it flaunts* the rules.

The accounts rely on an independent valuation, or as MK says a depreciated re-build figure which discounts the need for a market assessment. The latter is an asset valuation really which is normally done every 3/5 years for the accounts. 

* Flouts the rules.

16 hours ago, S6 Lifelong Owl said:

It's about time the EFL tried to do something about the enormous disparity created by the Premiership parachute payments instead of kicking the have nots in the teeth with rules to restrict any possibility of them trying to bridge that gap.

whilst were at it, can they look into our relegation from the premier and us not receiving any parachute/failure/gross advantage over your competition for years to come money?

how many sides went into receivership from the early premier relegations through not getting the 'bungs'?,

how many struggled on as wednesday did attempting to survive the 'bitter death blow'?

how much we'd have got, I don't know, but then there's 'compound interest' to add, and that again makes it more of a problem to calculate, so to make matters easier we'll take the £190m they get nowadays, and say no more.

this championship competition is a 'HANDICAP' contest, and should be advertised as such, so people don't mistake it for just 'blatant cheating'.

• Like 1

Guest The Claw

The ground may be worth nothing in reality but worth millions to the buyer, no need to loose sleep. my mate had his house valued at 90 grand ended up selling it for 150 grand.

17 hours ago, bradowl said:

During 1970s on our long run without a win this was the feeling amongst a lot fans, so we brought someone in to bless us, think it was a priest or vicar, started to pick a few points up after this if I remember rightly. 

Anyone still get his number? 

lol

49 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

As we forecast months ago, we are not gonna get away with a £22 million to £60 million stadium valuation uplift.

In a flood plain. With planning only for leisure use.

Gotta feeling Chansiri's judgement day is coming and that's why we couldn't recruit a decent guy as manager.

Who's fuckingWE ? It's what you were hoping so I bet you're creaming your pants now eh!

1 hour ago, fred mciver said:

As we forecast months ago, we are not gonna get away with a £22 million to £60 million stadium valuation uplift.

In a flood plain. With planning only for leisure use.

Gotta feeling Chansiri's judgement day is coming and that's why we couldn't recruit a decent guy as manager.

For the umpteenth time that is not how an "in use" stadium valuation is prepared. 

A different basis, probably depreciated replacement cost, is used

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

For the umpteenth time that is not how an "in use" stadium valuation is prepared. 

A different basis, probably depreciated replacement cost, is used

So that must have been same method to arrive at the £22 million valuation, only 3 years ago.

It's the near triple increase in 36 months that causes concern , whatever the method.

Oh , and that the parties are related. Let's hope Carrie Lam trashes Companies House in Hong Kong.

Derby's valuation went from 40m to 80m.

Indeed the fact that these other valuations give credence to what we did, comparable evidence being something a RICS surveyor will consider.

How much do you think Hillsborough would cost to rebuild "as new" based on current construction contract prices. 

Because that is the starting point