Why they are different?

7 hours ago, abdiwonderland said:

Do the Cowleys not deserve a chance and shouldnt be compared to Hurst and Jones etc because they have had sustained sucess. 

Hurst and Jones had one good season maybe two and took the jump. The cowleys have been winning for a good 4/5 years and are ready for the move up. 

I understands the comparison and the worry. But I just think they are further down the line in terms of being ready. 

Hope it happens. 

Yep, all for there appointment.

I would rather have a young, ambitious, exciting manager that advocates a set style of football....instead of a dinosaur like Pulis. 

Obviously people will talk about the risks, which of course there always are when managers take that leap to manager a big club or start competing in the Championship. But just think what if they ended up at Huddersfield for example and within the next 20 months ended taking them up? Whilst we're still going round in circles with a different foreign manager or chasing another defensive minded dinosaur. 

If any of our "Experienced pro's" don't buy into a new manager just because he's from the lower leagues, then these players need shipping out and replacing with players that will.

It's time we started to build something new and not try to replace the cracks within the team.

8 hours ago, gurujuan said:

or failure will send them scurrying back down the leagues, with their tails between their legs

Not necessarily.

They've had 3/4 years of success, their rep won't be broken after one bad run. 

There's examples of managers bouncing back from sackings etc and going on to have good careers.

Look at Brendan Rodgers, he left Watford and Reading after bad runs, bounced back with Swansea/Liverpool/Celtic/Leicester.

Even Poch was fired in his first job in Spain, he got his career back on track big style.

Grant McCann was sacked from Peterborough and now manages in the Championship. 

It's always easy to focus on the managers who have failed and then faded off down the leagues, but there are also plenty of success stories and plenty of managers who have bounced back after set backs.

Not that Cowley would need to bounce back, he'll take us up :ph34r:

Just don't see them coping with players on 20-30k a week the same as at their level. FF is a handful anyway, he'll laugh at those two.

You can't win this league through pure coaching either, need to bring in the right players and often that's from the Prem where contacts help.

2 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Mate...if you want respect and authority in a club..you don't change your ways for spoilt players...hiding to nothing that way..

Mate, if you want to stay in a job the results matter.  If the players down tools, you’re then one staring down the end of a barrel.  So either way, it’s a potential no win situation. 

The best managers (in all walks of life) adapt their management style based upon the different characters they’re required to deal with.  

8 hours ago, abdiwonderland said:

Do the Cowleys not deserve a chance and shouldnt be compared to Hurst and Jones etc because they have had sustained sucess. 

Hurst and Jones had one good season maybe two and took the jump. The cowleys have been winning for a good 4/5 years and are ready for the move up. 

I understands the comparison and the worry. But I just think they are further down the line in terms of being ready. 

Hope it happens. 

Is it a question or a statement?  My OCD is getting the better of me WTF:

4 minutes ago, Junglejay said:

Mate, if you want to stay in a job the results matter.  If the players down tools, you’re then one staring down the end of a barrel.  So either way, it’s a potential no win situation. 

The best managers (in all walks of life) adapt their management style based upon the different characters they’re required to deal with.  

You can't guarantee results unless your subordinates comply... I've been in this position in a modest way and my experience is that you replace people who don't share your vision.. after all.. it's the bosses head on the block..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skyline said:

If any of our "Experienced pro's" don't buy into a new manager just because he's from the lower leagues, then these players need shipping out and replacing with players that will.

It's time we started to build something new and not try to replace the cracks within the team.

When do their contracts run out anyway? I'm all for a radical imaginative appointment.  

The players might buy into it if the Cowleys look like a long term proposition. The number of players that get released by us and go on to better things is pretty low.

9 hours ago, poite said:

I don't think Jones has proven enough over a long period of time to warrant the Stoke job. 

Hurst I think is a very good manager but Ipswich was a poisoned chalace that nobody could have controlled the fate of. 

Ya seen where Scunthorpe are at the minute? Hurst definitely didnt have just one good season though. He was consistent all through the leagues. But seems to have gone into the opposite direction now.

48 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

You can't guarantee results unless your subordinates comply... I've been in this position in a modest way and my experience is that you replace people who don't share your vision.. after all.. it's the bosses head on the block..

I’d agree, although as we’re all aware, getting rid of potentially bad apple footballers on decent contracts isn’t overly easy.  Meanwhile, if results and performances on the pitch are going backwards, our notoriously patient and understanding fan base are going to be gunning for someone.  

I’m not for one second sticking up for Jos but I’m guessing he tried to stick to his methods and fell out with the likes of Westwood and Hutchinson.  

There is a substantial difference in players egos the further up the leagues you go and this is my biggest worry.  

That said, I’d much rather we went down this route compared to the likes of Pulis. 

50 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Just don't see them coping with players on 20-30k a week the same as at their level. FF is a handful anyway, he'll laugh at those two.

You can't win this league through pure coaching either, need to bring in the right players and often that's from the Prem where contacts help.

The players who think they are bigger than the manager need a reality check. They just aren't as good as they think they are. Put them on the transfer list and see how many of them are sold for a decent fee and get better wages than they are on with us.

Basically they were top end championship players 3 or 4 years ago, now they are middle of the table players on big wages. Maybe they need to have their over inflated ego's deflated somewhat and accept change needs to be embraced or they will be moved on. It might take time to sort the squad out but we took a decent step towards that end in the last window.

If they come to SWFC, and it’s a big if, they come here with a big reputation. Players will listen. 

If they’re out of they’re depth, however, the players won’t listen for long. 

But if the club/DC has done proper due dilligence on these two I’m all for. 

Pulis for me is a death knell. 

Edited by Shezza

16 hours ago, Skyline said:

Dare I mention that was what our last ex manager but one was doing.

Didn’t go too well did it

30 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Dare I mention that was what our last ex manager but one was doing.

Didn’t go too well did it

He didn't really replace them though, did he?

He just tried to bleed through youngsters that weren't ready or good enough.

Plus, he was a dog shyte manager.