Why they are different?

8 minutes ago, bigrbuk said:

If I were them, these are things I'd be raising with (our) DC during talks. Would I be given license to ship out whoever I wanted. They need the players buy in, will they be allowed to get it whatever way necessary.

I agree would have been far easier for any incoming manager at the end of season as quite a few players are out of contract. 

5 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Maybe a new structure with a DoF who can act as a mentor or sounding board would help with the transition....they could focus on the day to day training and getting the team performing their way in the first few months without the concern of managing the press or infrastructure changes eg. Training ground improvement

When the success kicks in they can pick up other areas of responsibility

Oh for a Howard Wilkinson now.

9 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

As I said, all these guys are one wrong choice away from destroying what they’ve painstakingly built. It’s not beyond the realms of fantasy, that we might be the Cowley’s Ipswich or Stoke. Let’s hope not, and in a way, does one bad fit, mean that the likes of Jones and Hurst, can’t come again?

Certainly. No manager at any level guarantees success. So really any manager is a gamble. 

1 minute ago, shezzas left peg said:

Yes, but this also means they would be having to face better quality managers too. Making strategies & tactical decisions even more decisive or disasterus. 

Agree but think its a chance we should take, unless DC has an ace up his sleeve, pulis/rowett etc are run of the mill with no x factor. 

It seems that some people would rather have proven failure than potential.

I have never been more excited by a manager appointment than this. They may fail. But my god they have a wonderful record to date and have the potential to take us far further than any other candidate.

In reality you just don’t know...

It’s much easier to lead a plucky underdog where expectations and pressure are lower vs a place where expectation and ego are through the roof.

Personally I think that’s why we need someone whose reputation and status is bigger than SWFC but again, every hire is a gamble...and every manager has as much chance succeeding as the next

5 hours ago, bigrbuk said:

If I were them, these are things I'd be raising with (our) DC during talks. Would I be given license to ship out whoever I wanted. They need the players buy in, will they be allowed to get it whatever way necessary.

Yep i think that would be the deciding factor, not £1.5m or £2 m per year.

Their reputation would be on the line, if dc says no, we will get the players in and your job is to coach them, think they will say thanks but no thanks.

Or maybe he will say yes with a big but..we cannot spend more than x£'s in jan..then they would have a difficult choice to make.

5 hours ago, gurujuan said:

As I said, all these guys are one wrong choice away from destroying what they’ve painstakingly built. It’s not beyond the realms of fantasy, that we might be the Cowley’s Ipswich or Stoke. Let’s hope not, and in a way, does one bad fit, mean that the likes of Jones and Hurst, can’t come again?

Hurst had better start winning at Scunthorpe soon or that'll be two failures on the trot. 

5 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

A new manager needs respect.We have a team of mainly old seasoned professionals if they would accept the Cowleys on their record so far is open to debate. 

These old seasoned professionals you are on about will be on their way soon if they don’t produce this season?

5 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

A new manager needs respect.We have a team of mainly old seasoned professionals if they would accept the Cowleys on their record so far is open to debate. 

This is exactly my concern, although you’d expect any half intelligent coach to realise this and tailor their approach accordingly. Time will tell, but it’s clearly something Jones is up against at Stoke.  

6 minutes ago, Junglejay said:

This is exactly my concern, although you’d expect any half intelligent coach to realise this and tailor their approach accordingly. Time will tell, but it’s clearly something Jones is up against at Stoke.  

Mate...if you want respect and authority in a club..you don't change your ways for spoilt players...hiding to nothing that way..