Why they are different?

Do the Cowleys not deserve a chance and shouldnt be compared to Hurst and Jones etc because they have had sustained sucess. 

Hurst and Jones had one good season maybe two and took the jump. The cowleys have been winning for a good 4/5 years and are ready for the move up. 

I understands the comparison and the worry. But I just think they are further down the line in terms of being ready. 

Hope it happens. 

1 minute ago, abdiwonderland said:

Do the Cowleys not deserve a chance and shouldnt be compared to Hurst and Jones etc because they have had sustained sucess. 

Hurst and Jones had one good season maybe two and took the jump. The cowleys have been winning for a good 4/5 years and are ready for the move up. 

I understands the comparison and the worry. But I just think they are further down the line in terms of being ready. 

Hope it happens. 

The risks are similar, most of the Cowley’s success was at a very low level You have to start somewhere though, but the point is, one bad choice and your reputation is in tatters Jones/Stoke, Hurst/Ipswich

Just now, debram said:

They will be hungry for more success, chance to prove they have what it takes at the next level, success at Hillsborough will put them on the map far more than at Lincoln. 

or failure will send them scurrying back down the leagues, with their tails between their legs

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

The risks are similar, most of the Cowley’s success was at a very low level You have to start somewhere though, but the point is, one bad choice and your reputation is in tatters Jones/Stoke, Hurst/Ipswich

OK low level but the working theory is the same but with access to better quality players. 

• Like 2

Just now, debram said:

OK low level but the working theory is the same but with access to better quality players. 

I’m not adverse to taking that risk, Ive read a bit about these guys, and I like a lot of what they say and do. I also probably would have taken a punt on Hurst, somebody else who seems to know his stuff. With any of these appointments, it’s about whether they are a good fit for a particular club There is something refreshing about all these guys, that appeals more to me than the likes of Pulis etc

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, poite said:

I don't think Jones has proven enough over a long period of time to warrant the Stoke job. 

Hurst I think is a very good manager but Ipswich was a poisoned chalace that nobody could have controlled the fate of. 

Read an interesting article on Hurst, and some of his ideas were quite innovative Did you know, he has reached the highest level of coaching qualifications that it is possible to achieve in Europe 

The only slight concern I see, Is like Bullen, the Cowleys look like great coaches.

I don't think we want someone who will be everyone's best mate. They need someone to impress. Many of the players are very experienced pro's

We've seen a positive reaction when we had Bruce, I think we'd see it again with someone like Alex Neil

Just now, bigash_swfc said:

The only slight concern I see, Is like Bullen, the Cowleys look like great coaches.

I don't think we want someone who will be everyone's best mate. They need someone to impress. Many of the players are very experienced pro's

We've seen a positive reaction when we had Bruce, I think we'd see it again with someone like Alex Neil

To be fair, I hope they are, and I see that as a positive It’s the modern way, and Id like us to build something sustainable here, not just a poo or bust attempt at the Premier League

We don’t know they’re different. But I guess they’ve earned the right to a big job. 

Hurst walked into a tough job at Ipswich, even the very experienced Paul Lambert couldn’t stop the rot. Think if anything at Ipswich it proved what a top manager Mick McCarthy is. 

Jones going to Stoke isn’t working, but yet again they tried Rowett last season and he couldn’t sort the club out and now Jones. There is clearly something wrong at Stoke bigger than the manager. Reminds me of Sunderland coming down the other year, in absolute free fall no matter who the manager is. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, poite said:

I don't think Jones has proven enough over a long period of time to warrant the Stoke job. 

Jones had 2 and a half successful seasons at Luton leaving them with the highest points per game ratio of any Luton manager ever. His team scored the highest number of goals in L1 last year at the time he was snapped up by Stoke in January. In some ways he seemed at least as good a prospect as the Cowleys.

10 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

A new manager needs respect.We have a team of mainly old seasoned professionals if they would accept the Cowleys on their record so far is open to debate. 

If I were them, these are things I'd be raising with (our) DC during talks. Would I be given license to ship out whoever I wanted. They need the players buy in, will they be allowed to get it whatever way necessary.

17 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

We don’t know they’re different. But I guess they’ve earned the right to a big job. 

Hurst walked into a tough job at Ipswich, even the very experienced Paul Lambert couldn’t stop the rot. Think if anything at Ipswich it proved what a top manager Mick McCarthy is. 

Jones going to Stoke isn’t working, but yet again they tried Rowett last season and he couldn’t sort the club out and now Jones. There is clearly something wrong at Stoke bigger than the manager. Reminds me of Sunderland coming down the other year, in absolute free fall no matter who the manager is. 

As I said, all these guys are one wrong choice away from destroying what they’ve painstakingly built. It’s not beyond the realms of fantasy, that we might be the Cowley’s Ipswich or Stoke. Let’s hope not, and in a way, does one bad fit, mean that the likes of Jones and Hurst, can’t come again?

Edited by gurujuan
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Maybe a new structure with a DoF who can act as a mentor or sounding board would help with the transition....they could focus on the day to day training and getting the team performing their way in the first few months without the concern of managing the press or infrastructure changes eg. Training ground improvement

When the success kicks in they can pick up other areas of responsibility