This list of ex managers

3 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Snivelling scrotumboil.  Will never understand why people backed his failings for so long.

Jones did a good job getting us promoted. I don't think we would have gone up with Meggo in charge. The only reason we were gutted Megson went was the timing of it just after beating united. If he'd been replaced the week before not many would have been too fussed.

It all went downhill after that for Jones, miserable sod, I was glad to see the back of him. " You don't become a bad football manager overnight". No Dave it took you a few months.

Edited by prowl
  • Like 1

Think that list is symptomatic of the struggles the club more generally has had since then, although its certainly not all bad...

Sturrock was a real breath of fresh air at the time and gave us all that fantastic day in the sun in Cardiff

Laws had the team playing some really good stuff and did so under extremely difficult circumstances... He also seems a top bloke!

And everyone loves garymegson right!?

Just now, WelshOwl74 said:

Laws is best outta that lot

Double over pigs

And nearly got us into a playoffs with a absolute poo team 

I enjoyed watching the Laws side, less so Sturrocks. Overall though, Carlos has by far the best record out of any of those guys

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I enjoyed watching the Laws side, less so Sturrocks. Overall though, Carlos has by far the best record out of any of those guys

Money helped Carlos 

Would he have done back to back playoffs with players laws had 

Answer 

Not a chance 

7 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Laws is best outta that lot

Double over pigs

And nearly got us into a playoffs with a absolute poo team 

Wee bit harsh there

Whelan, Brunt, Bougherra and Simek were excellent players who were starting to show their full potential. Unfortunate Majid went to Charlton but hey, even he admitted in an interview somewhere he regretted that move looking back. 

Had Simek not picked up that nasty injury at Palace, he like Whelan and Brunt would have been a regular premier league player. That injury ruined his career. 

Then you had the vastly underrated Deon Burton who's intelligence on the football pitch was second to none, plus we bought in Steve Watson who showed the experience we required.

That side showed you don't need superstars to play good football, just sensible additions. Don't think it was a poo side at all. 

The next season was ruined at the start when we swapped Steven Maclean for Francis Jeffers. Brian Laws wasn't happy at all about that

Edited by katie melua

Guest LondonOwl313
8 minutes ago, katie melua said:

Wee bit harsh there

Whelan, Brunt, Bougherra and Simek were excellent players who were starting to show their full potential. Unfortunate Majid went to Charlton but hey, even he admitted in an interview somewhere he regretted that move looking back. 

Had Simek not picked up that nasty injury at Palace, he like Whelan and Brunt would have been a regular premier league player. That injury ruined his career. 

Then you had the vastly underrated Deon Burton who's intelligence on the football pitch was second to none, plus we bought in Steve Watson who showed the experience we required.

That side showed you don't need superstars to play good football, just sensible additions. Don't think it was a poo side at all. 

The next season was ruined at the start when we swapped Steven Maclean for Francis Jeffers. Brian Laws wasn't happy at all about that

All 4 of those would get in our current side 

1 hour ago, katie melua said:

Wee bit harsh there

1 England   Lee Grant
2 England   Tommy Spurr
3 Wales   Peter Gilbert
4 England   Kenny Lunt
5 England   Richard Hinds
6 England   Steve Watson
7 England   Marcus Tudgay
8 England   Sean McAllister
9 England   Francis Jeffers
10 Jamaica   Deon Burton (sold to Charlton Athletic)
10 Republic of Ireland   Darren Potter (on loan from Wolves)
11 Netherlands   Etiënne Esajas
12 Norway   Rocky Lekaj
14 England   Luke Varney (on loan from Derby County)
14 England   Jimmy Smith (on loan from Chelsea)
15 England  

Mark Beevers

this was team we had when we did double over pigs 

far from a quality team 

in my opinion

laws worked a bloody miracle 

The team that finished the 2006/07 season under Laws was decent, it needed a couple more to make it a challenger. A top keeper which to be fair arrived in Lee Grant but other than that we didn't quite attract the players we needed, due to money lets be honest. Francis Jeffers for me kind of summed it up. On paper looked a decent addition, in reality one of the worst additions we've made. I don't buy the idea some do that Laws was an amazing manager, he did well on a limited budget and difficult circumstances but his time was up a while before he left. Probably should have gone after that debacle at Derby. He played some decent football at times but often we were found wanting. If he hadn't done the double over United I don't think he'd have quite the same reputation.

12 hours ago, pussface said:

Yet Shreeves took over and completely changed the form and fortunes of the team.

Jewel was awful, utterly awful.

He was also very successful both immediately before and immediately after Wednesday which tells you a lot more about the state of the club than about Jewell's ability.

3 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:
1 England   Lee Grant
2 England   Tommy Spurr
3 Wales   Peter Gilbert
4 England   Kenny Lunt
5 England   Richard Hinds
6 England   Steve Watson
7 England   Marcus Tudgay
8 England   Sean McAllister
9 England   Francis Jeffers
10 Jamaica   Deon Burton (sold to Charlton Athletic)
10 Republic of Ireland   Darren Potter (on loan from Wolves)
11 Netherlands   Etiënne Esajas
12 Norway   Rocky Lekaj
14 England   Luke Varney (on loan from Derby County)
14 England   Jimmy Smith (on loan from Chelsea)
15 England  

Mark Beevers

this was team we had when we did double over pigs 

far from a quality team 

in my opinion

laws worked a bloody miracle 

Aaah sorry, I was talking about the side that finished 8th or 9th in his first season, which got close to the play offs 

• Like 1