Jump to content

Cowleys . You decide!  

925 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

 

 

All I'm saying is that I don't know enough about them to say whether I think they'd be a good appointment or not.

 

Neither does anyone Corky but it hasn't stopped them!

Nail your colours damnit!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes you just have to trust your gut.

Cellino was right, managers are like watermelons - you don't really know what you have till you've invested your money. 

That said I can see these boys doing what Howe did at Bournemouth. 

If we don't take the chance we'll never know. 

Rather we give this type of appointment a chance than take a punt on a 'circuit' manager like Pulis. 

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

"I certainly don't know enough to say one way or another whether I think they'd be the right fit for us." - so you have an idea of what might be the right fit for us or is it just a throwaway comment? 

 

I agree btw - unless any of us have followed lower league football enough to 'know' the pair, then it is a bit of a punt. 

 

For me, I look at what they have achieved versus an experienced managerial team i.e Rowett or Pulis, and believe that the Cowley's might just be looking past another payday on the managerial carousel for the next 6-12 months til it goes belly up. 

 

I have my opinions as to which managers would be a good fit for us, based on what I know of them. For example, hypothetically speaking, I reckon Dean Smith would be a great appointment, whereas I don't think Zola would.

 

I don't know enough about the Cowleys to have much of an opinion one way or the other, although their record in the lower leagues is certainly impressive, and I'd be excited to see what they could do here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Neither does anyone Corky but it hasn't stopped them!

Nail your colours damnit!

 

No.

 

:duntmatter:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

 

I have my opinions as to which managers would be a good fit for us, based on what I know of them. For example, hypothetically speaking, I reckon Dean Smith would be a great appointment, whereas I don't think Zola would.

 

I don't know enough about the Cowleys to have much of an opinion one way or the other, although their record in the lower leagues is certainly impressive, and I'd be excited to see what they could do here.

So vote yes then. 

 

<<<<<yours faithfully, the digital press-gang team>>>>>>

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

41 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'd be excited to see what they could do here.

 

That'll do. ANwTs is on board ,guys. 

Everybody stand easy.  

Nightowl,  knock up another fan club members card.

 

 

Psst. Pssssst! @WatfordOwl, listen, i think he's in. But keep an eye on him just in case. If he tries to back out we'll collude on an elaborate plot to have him banished to "site information". 

 

 

giphy.gif

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

 

Neither does anyone Corky but it hasn't stopped them!

Nail your colours damnit!

Sod it im in

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd just like someone we can finally get behind, apathy is making itself at home again.

Edited by GerOwl
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

...their record in the lower leagues is certainly impressive, and I'd be excited to see what they could do here.

 

7 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

 

 

That'll do. ANwTs is on board ,guys. 

Everybody stand easy.  

Nightowl,  knock up another fan club members card.

 

 

Psst. Pssssst! @WatfordOwl, listen, i think he's in. But keep an eye on him just in case. If he tries to back out we'll collude on an elaborate plot to have him banished to "site information". 

 

 

giphy.gif

 

Glad to welcome you aboard @areNOTwhatTHEYseem

 

raw:ghoulguy:

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you are all going to be disappointed..........

  • Agree 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I think you are all going to be disappointed..........

 

blasphemer.gif

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I think you are all going to be disappointed..........

 

Dissapointed is our base camp!

  • Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I think you are all going to be disappointed..........

 

 

MFmH-2.gif

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

 

 

MFmH-2.gif

 

tbt6EnO.gif.8ee329969283bf0c8f7e5d3005733012.gif880283476_tenor(5).gif.2833bc4f1fb781a3488f6e071e11b28d.gifi4hR39F.gif.ec861df7af1f608cd94a609069b5187a.gif

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

 

tumblr_m7aw8lHzOq1r2citto1_400.gif

 

 

tenor (6).gif

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I reckon Dean Smith would be a great appointment, whereas I don't think Zola would.

 

VFOe.gif

  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get them in on a 5 year contract with a 5 million buy out for when they phook off to West Ham. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Concrete Owl said:

Get them in on a 5 year contract with a 5 million buy out for when they phook off to West Ham. 

 

I'm glad you're in a more positive frame of mind this morning Concs!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GerOwl said:

I'd just like someone we can finally get behind, apathy is making itself at home again.

 

We always get behind our managers...

 

Image result for push off edge gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...