Any volunteers for a Sheffield Star story?

I sent the letter, copied below, to the Star, to raise one of the issues they've not picked up on regarding the North Stand fiasco.

They want to run it as a story, rather than a letter. I'm not really up for being in a story, so wanted to know if anyone else who is experiencing the same problems fancied speaking to the reporter, instead?

Just let me know and I can put you in touch.

UTO.

I'm a season ticket holder on the North Stand at Hillsborough, along with my son. There is a spare seat next to us that, under normal circumstances, we could get an occasional ticket for my dad, a pensioner, to attend around 10 matches a season with us.
Due to the ridiculous restrictions place upon the club by the city council and South Yorkshire Police, no sales are allowed for the North Stand. So my dad, who has been attending Hillsborough since the 1960s, cannot come to matches - unless he sits in a different stand to us, on his own. So not only is he being denied the right to sit with his family, the club is missing out on a sale. 
Why are the club, and the fans, being punished for something that has never been a problem at Hillsborough? 
Will you please ask the council and police to explain why the Leppings Lane turnstiles are still closed and tickets not available to buy, and why away fans cannot simply be held back for 10 minutes after the final whistle, for "higher risk" fixtures, just like every other club in the football league?
Good luck to Wednesday in their legal battle to get this ridiculous situation overturned.
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Costello 77 said:

Yeah.. it's definitely not the point..

But twice in this thread people have mentioned lost revenue. Thats not the clubs fault.

If people are so concerned about revenue and want to watch Wednesday, why not make a quick phone call or email to the club and see how accomodating they are?

They can still air their grievances

17 minutes ago, Miffed said:

But twice in this thread people have mentioned lost revenue. Thats not the clubs fault.

If people are so concerned about revenue and want to watch Wednesday, why not make a quick phone call or email to the club and see how accomodating they are?

They can still air their grievances

Yes.. I see what you mean mate.. it's more that if the electric company cut your power off after you've paid your bill..buying a launderette to get your clothes clean shouldn't be the first angle of attack in solving the problem..

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Miffed said:

I know its not the point, but out of interest have you contacted the club to see if they can sit you all together in one of the other stands for the odd games that your dad attends?

I haven't as I want to be on the North near the away end as that's the only part of the ground with atmosphere!