Regrets?

1 hour ago, Binky Griptite said:

I don't necessarily want him back but if his record at Hillsborough had been achieved at some foreign second division club in an equally respectable country, then he'd gone on to manage in that countries top division he'd be pretty high up the betting odds through Owls lumping on in the hope he came here. His CV, even at this stage, is far better than many of the fancies to take on the job here which just goes to show you need an element of fortune when appointing anyone.

His management was a success for two season, then it wasn't. We should be neither championing nor vilifying him. He's now just a line in the history books.

Just looking up the meaning of success

5 hours ago, RevOwl said:

If only we had stuck with Carlos. We'd have been up now or certainly would be by the end of this season. A 42.75% win rate and a few bad results and he's gone. He loved the club and still does and gave us the biggest success we've had for years. Now we're a very average side without a permanent manager with falling gate numbers and fans that have lost heart. Thanks for your time Carlos and sorry from all of us that wanted success in the same way as you did. 

Drugs, there not for everybody.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RevOwl said:

If only we had stuck with Carlos. We'd have been up now or certainly would be by the end of this season. A 42.75% win rate and a few bad results and he's gone. He loved the club and still does and gave us the biggest success we've had for years. Now we're a very average side without a permanent manager with falling gate numbers and fans that have lost heart. Thanks for your time Carlos and sorry from all of us that wanted success in the same way as you did. 

Not sure what was intended by this post, but there’s a lot of it I’d agree with.  Carlos was certainly not without his faults, but really his record speaks for itself Two play offs in his only two full seasons, is pretty impressive.

Granted we spent a lot of money in those two seasons, but I’m not sure Carlos had much of a say in who we bought. In fact, by season two, he was working with such a hotch potch of players, and dealing with an injury crisis that would derail most sides, and yet he still got us to the play offs again. He did it by devising a system of playing, though not pretty to watch, that managed to overcome our shortcomings. The inverted wingers playing narrow thing, was definitely not my cup of tea, so much so, that for a while I stopped going. Tactically though, he was pretty good, often coming up with a solution to the problems we faced. 

Would he have pulled things around in season three, who knows, he doesn’t have a history of staying long in one place.

6 hours ago, RevOwl said:

Please dont post ever again!

• Haha 1

I thought Carlos was a bad appointment when he first took over but think I was wrong with us getting to the play off final and playing entertaining football.
However Carlos style of management only ever has a limited shelf life. Comes in charms everyone and makes training easier but after a while that soon wares off and things go stale.
Should have gone after the Huddersfield play off defeat.

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

I thought Carlos was a bad appointment when he first took over but think I was wrong with us getting to the play off final and playing entertaining football.
However Carlos style of management only ever has a limited shelf life. Comes in charms everyone and makes training easier but after a while that soon wares off and things go stale.
Should have gone after the Huddersfield play off defeat.

Yes mixed feelings, but he is the best coach we have employed for many years. As I said, I didn’t like the tactics he devised in season two, but I can understand why he decided to employ them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes mixed feelings, but he is the best coach we have employed for many years. As I said, I didn’t like the tactics he devised in season two, but I can understand why he decided to employ them.

If he'd have just stuck to the first season formula (on the pitch) and not been so relaxed at training and bottling it at crucial times then we'd have got to the so called promised land .. but i guess thats the margins between success and failure. ultimately we failed twice under his stewardship. The defeat to Huddersfield quite possibly one of the worst results in his tenure given how easy it was to get to the final and beyind. Reading ffs

7 hours ago, RevOwl said:

What ground bait are you using? You seem to  have caught a few. 

Guest LondonOwl313

Never get the hate for him.. was the best two years we’ve had in the last 20. Went stale at the end though and was right to move on. Too many people lump him in with Jos but they’re complete opposites 

Atkinson, Sturrock, Gray i would say fit more. I think Carlos just went slightly mad after the derby game and results disappeared. If he had steadied the ship after that game he might have survived. But i accept we don't know for sure what would have happened if we gave managers longer than we do now. I think get the tin hat on though because Carlos is not liked on here by many.

11 hours ago, RevOwl said:

Good post that.Unusual on here

10 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

He did he came to Swansea ,started well then did his usual trick and bottled it at the final leg 

Not really interested in any Carlos debate, but for the sake of fairness, weren’t Swansea almost down when he arrived? Won a few, gave them hope, then the inevitable return to what they were before he arrived,

It’s not as if they were flying & he then fu****d it up.

I honestly think history will remember CCs reign in a better light than some on here as years go by.

21 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

Not really interested in any Carlos debate, but for the sake of fairness, weren’t Swansea almost down when he arrived? Won a few, gave them hope, then the inevitable return to what they were before he arrived,

It’s not as if they were flying & he then fu****d it up.

I honestly think history will remember CCs reign in a better light than some on here as years go by.

He burnt a core group out trying to get us up.. that's not a reign.. it's self interested short termism.imo