1 hour ago, Jakes Grandad said:

Not a Pulis fan andhe would not be my choice, but if he starts winning 1-0 at home and drawing 1-1 way, gets us in top 6. Would we really bother about the style of play? 

Each to their own but I want Wednesday to play football.

Pulis doesn't play football, he plays smash it forward dinosaur ball. I'd rather shit in my hands and clap than that.

Megson had some leeway as a Wednesdayite and the fact we were one of the worst teams in division three at the time. Getting out of that division was the priority but now we have the opportunity to not go back in time 25 years to get results. We can try and find a more forward thinking approach. 

Fuck Pulis and Megson and Allardyce. Their "style" isn't football. 

• Thanks 1

Can we have an end, a total ban in fact, with corporal punishment, for the line "just ask Middlesborough fans...". They are the biggest flipping deluded set of whinging grief junkies north of Brighton. 

They hated Monk, Rowett and Pullis. They think they have a god given right to be watching Juninho every week. They're a tin pot club and they have nothing nice to say about anyone or anything.

WBA fans though...

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

I really hope we don’t bring him in. The style of football would be amongst the worse we have seen for a long time. Boro fans I know hated him as manager. And as for that stupid flippinghat he wears! 

I know what you're saying but what style of football have we got now? What style have we had in the last 20 years?

We have a decent squad. It needs someone to get them organised and playing without fear.

Not saying i like Pulis, but i don't get this style thing. 

At preston we looked absolutely devoid of anything, never mind style

54 minutes ago, tommycockles said:

That just doesn't follow!!, just because you have criticism of a person/action doesn't by default make previous comparatives better!!, that's just nonsense. We are allowed to criticise  poor performances, poor appointments, poor sales or purchases, that's the nature of the beast. Pointing out failure/flaws doesn't mean everyone is eternally negative or indeed wrong!!. Re: Pulis, it's a perfectly 'rational debate' to suggest his style/brand of football is considered by many to be rather old school & uninspiring, and as such would be a turn off to many fans. The past evidence of how his teams tend to play, successful or not, is there for all to see. How is that not giving consideration to the circumstances surrounding each topic!????

I suspect you have misunderstood my post. 

100% no.

Everyone is saying they don't care if the football is dire and defensive...as long as we win.

Sure, that's great, but how on earth does pulis guarantee wins? Did he take Boro Up? No.

So what happens when the football is dire and boring and we are having no shots or chances or possession and then we lose as well.

Then what? 

Be imaginative! Be brave! Go for a young manager on their way up! Give us a style of play we can be proud of. Sure that may not bear fruits straight away either but at least we will be able to give it a go and see our players trying to play in the right way.

1 hour ago, RedDragonOwl said:

I'd have pulis. 

People who wouldn't are mad.

Style of play? Seriously. If our aim is the premier League, then how we get there shouldn't matter.

We need someone who can get the best out of the current crop, without adding too it. He'd be able to do that. But you won't be able to radically change the style of play with the players we have.

Intact I'd have Pulis over Cowley, just on the basis of results. 

I think pullis would be truly horrified when he realised the amount of backbone some of our squad don't have. 

January would prove very eventful under pullis, we'd need quite a few changes to personell for him to be happy. 

I don't think we have too many that would fit his style of play. 

I can just now see bannan hitting 70 yard long balls for dave!!, whilst Nando wanders around feeling like the net in a game of tennis lol

3 minutes ago, flo said:

West Brom suffered with the very old and dull squad that they were left with after Pulis left with nothing to sell.

He signed a bunch of plodders whose only ability was to lump it forward and get organised.

Brilliant.

He signed Nacer Chadli, Serge Gnabry, Callum McMannaman and then had no clue what to do with them. 

Then when he fvcked off, no manager could get a tune out of them because they were incapable of trying anything remotely expressive than defending your penalty area.

And then comes to the disillusionment in the stands. The swathes of empty seats, the continued loss of revenue. The fans accepting the poo football because of some impressively boring 0-0s draws, and the fans who want him gone and better football.

The outcome - anger, annoyance and frustration.

You then turn to a club legend, whose hopefully out of their depth, just to try and unite the football club. Whilst trying to rebuild a football club.

It doesn't work. Middlesbrough, like us last year, will soon realise. 

8 minutes ago, George said:

Can we have an end, a total ban in fact, with corporal punishment, for the line "just ask Middlesborough fans...". They are the biggest flipping deluded set of whinging grief junkies north of Brighton. 

They hated Monk, Rowett and Pullis. They think they have a god given right to be watching Juninho every week. They're a tin pot club and they have nothing nice to say about anyone or anything.

WBA fans though...

Who wouldn’t hate Monk, Rowett and Pulis, what a set boring tvats 

3 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

This is not the case.

West Brom were left with a number of key assets who have since been sold: Evans, Rodriguez, Dawson to name just three.

Well...

I would hardly call Craig Dawson an asset. He was a centre half who played at right back, just because he could defend narrowly and was impressive at attacking the ball at set pieces. He was, and remains a bang average defender. The sole requirement for him was to pin a large diagonal ball into Saloman Rondon who was often, miles on his own. 

Evans (his best signing for us) left because of a clause in his contract for £2million.

Rodriguez - vastly over-rated. Good money made from him though.

The best asset we sold was Rondon. That being said, Pulis failed to use him appropriately. He was signed as a battering ram and when he was capable of so much more. But, if you're relying on James McClean to provide the neccesary service then maybe we were stuffed ! 

11 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

Each to their own but I want Wednesday to play football.

Pulis doesn't play football, he plays smash it forward dinosaur ball. I'd rather shit in my hands and clap than that.

Megson had some leeway as a Wednesdayite and the fact we were one of the worst teams in division three at the time. Getting out of that division was the priority but now we have the opportunity to not go back in time 25 years to get results. We can try and find a more forward thinking approach. 

Fuck Pulis and Megson and Allardyce. Their "style" isn't football. 

Hmmm here's food for thought. 

When Liverpool used to play constant long balls up to torres with Gerrard bombing forward it under a European continental manager with raffa benitez and won champs league. 

It was wonderful and fantastic counter attacking football. 

When Sam or pullis do it with teams like Bolton and Stoke its old dinosaur clogger ball. 

14 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

Did Gurujuan witness the match on Saturday v QPR?

was thinking the same,Pulis would deffo get us more points in charge over a season than Bullen,did he not get Stoke in Europe a few years ago,he is a proven manager,not my choice,but not many better available,or who wan't the job,would like to see Monk in charge but just my opinion

9 minutes ago, trev said:

100% no.

Everyone is saying they don't care if the football is dire and defensive...as long as we win.

Sure, that's great, but how on earth does pulis guarantee wins? Did he take Boro Up? No.

So what happens when the football is dire and boring and we are having no shots or chances or possession and then we lose as well.

Then what? 

Be imaginative! Be brave! Go for a young manager on their way up! Give us a style of play we can be proud of. Sure that may not bear fruits straight away either but at least we will be able to give it a go and see our players trying to play in the right way.

defending cost us saturday,we made QPR look like Barcelona,we were that bad saturday i thought Jos was back

22 minutes ago, flo said:

West Brom suffered with the very old and dull squad that they were left with after Pulis left with nothing to sell.

Yeah he definitely seems to have a type of player he likes signing. At the minute imo we have very few of his type of player. Don’t do it DC.