I'd actually be ok with Pulis as manager. Not my first choice by any means, but he's vastly experienced and knows the game inside out. There's no doubt he can handle the bigger characters who perhaps have too much influence in the dressing room (bannan, hutch, westy etc) and will give us proper leadership. Not got a pretty football style by all accounts but the all in the net is what matters. Not as if we've been blessed with flamenco rhythms for the past few years is it!!!

If he was appointed, i would support 100% and actually be confident that he'll do well. To be honest, not too much different to what we got with Bruce in terms of leadership, experience and contacts in the game.

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I really hope we don’t bring him in. The style of football would be amongst the worse we have seen for a long time. Boro fans I know hated him as manager. And as for that stupid flippinghat he wears! 

So how many games have you watched when Pulis has been the manager ?    UTO 

Just now, Jakes Grandad said:

Not a Pulis fan andhe would not be my choice, but if he starts winning 1-0 at home and drawing 1-1 way, gets us in top 6. Would we really bother about the style of play? 

We did the second season of Carlos?

But it’s good point regardless .. DC wants promotion and TP as a record of achieving that.

1 minute ago, kevtheowl said:

So how many games have you watched when Pulis has been the manager ?    UTO 

Down the years, how many times have I watched a side managed by Pulis?

Must be about 40 or 50 - more-or-less a season's worth of games.

I absolutely don't want Pulis as manager under any circumstances.

I support Wednesday and no other club, but I also actually quite like football, and what Pulis gets his sides playing is not something I'm prepared to watch regularly.

Just now, cowl said:

I support Wednesday and no other club, but I also actually quite like football, and what Pulis gets his sides playing is not something I'm prepared to watch regularly.

Is it worse than Saturday? 

1 minute ago, cowl said:

So football under Megson was fantastic then ?

23 minutes ago, General_Grievous said:

I'd actually be ok with Pulis as manager. Not my first choice by any means, but he's vastly experienced and knows the game inside out. There's no doubt he can handle the bigger characters who perhaps have too much influence in the dressing room (bannan, hutch, westy etc) and will give us proper leadership. Not got a pretty football style by all accounts but the all in the net is what matters. Not as if we've been blessed with flamenco rhythms for the past few years is it!!!

If he was appointed, i would support 100% and actually be confident that he'll do well. To be honest, not too much different to what we got with Bruce in terms of leadership, experience and contacts in the game.

Great post

Completely agree

13 minutes ago, Sonny said:

How have lots of people suddenly decided some players have too much influence in the dressing room. 

Yep. Just where has this come from all of a sudden?

Westwood, Hutch, Bannan and Fletch have gone from heroes to being the root of the problem after a couple of dodgy results ?

Exceptional knee jerkery even by OT standards.