Come to Hillsborough - cheat and frustrate

2 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

Seems to be the aim of a few teams that come here. 

It’s like, the bigger the ground, the more acceptable it is to roll around wasting time - which gets the crowd riled up. 

I think teams work on it more than they do their actual ‘football’ tactics. 

Ps - I hope QPR get relegated. 

Yes it was very frustrating but we had a 1 nil lead and should have held on to it by hook or crook, I would be quite happy if we did the same away from home and came away with 3 points. 

Edited by debram
Spelling

The way QPR , Preston and others manage the game, being kind there, is becoming the norm and is ruining the game as a spectator sport.

From our perspective we are too naive and in this respect our experienced players really let us down.

Referees now accept this kind of behaviour as the norm and don’t do anything to stop it. In fact by letting players continually stop free kicks being taken, feign injury to stop the game and deliberately waste time they are encouraging it.

Of course it is easy to put the blame on refs but it is coaches and players at fault.

The problem now is that you either behave the same or you are at a disadvantage.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

The way QPR , Preston and others manage the game, being kind there, is becoming the norm and is ruining the game as a spectator sport.

From our perspective we are too naive and in this respect our experienced players really let us down.

Referees now accept this kind of behaviour as the norm and don’t do anything to stop it. In fact by letting players continually stop free kicks being taken, feign injury to stop the game and deliberately waste time they are encouraging it.

Of course it is easy to put the blame on refs but it is coaches and players at fault.

The problem now is that you either behave the same or you are at a disadvantage.

Agree with all this and eventually it will drive spectators away.

53 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Exactly. 

57 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

You can put the blame at the feet of Warnock, Warbuton, Neil, Billy Davies etc..When their teams do well everyone else just thinks I want a piece of that and the authorities are powerless.  When thousands in the stands can see it why can't the man in the middle?  One or two yellow cards early doors would have stamped it all out but the ref was weak.

Even the nobs on motd keep saying things like 'I would have gone down' and 'you can't blame him for going down'.  

It's a watershed moment with teams getting to the point when players refuse to put the ball out and I'm coming around to saying I don't blame them.

I don't care if I sound naïve 

3 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

You can put the blame at the feet of Warnock, Warbuton, Neil, Billy Davies etc..When their teams do well everyone else just thinks I want a piece of that and the authorities are powerless.  When thousands in the stands can see it why can't the man in the middle?  One or two yellow cards early doors would have stamped it all out but the ref was weak.

Even the nobs on motd keep saying things like 'I would have gone down' and 'you can't blame him for going down'.  

It's a watershed moment with teams getting to the point when players refuse to put the ball out and I'm coming around to saying I don't blame them.

I don't care if I sound naïve 

Some of the going down was laughably useless and I always say that about everyone in the ground can see it, why can't the ref ?   Keepers often get a yellow card in the 90th minute when they've blatantly wasted time for ALL those 90 minutes. What good does the ref think that does ?  The managers instructions are one yellow card for three points, job done. 

8 hours ago, Minton said:

It's called tactical nous.

It's something that has been sorely lacking from our managers over the last 20 years (excluding the fat,  cabbage-headed, minge of a turncoat annoyingly) so I'm not surprised when people don't recognise it when they see it from other teams.

Just another one on those things I've, Been saying this since Carlos. 

Were too nice, too nieve and gentlemenly as a team. 

Wallace was the last one we had good at doing the nefarious stuff, maguire before him. 

Nando more often than not gets cought out for it. 

I hate reffering to king pig warnochho, but the one thing you could ALWAYS! Expect from his teams was being good at this. 

Horrible, nasty, niggling cheaters like brown, derry and Tonge, he dragged brown & derry to every club he managed until they got old. 

Wilder is well schooled in the warnock cheat book too. 

They try to tell you cheats never prosper in the end, but it's not often they don't in football. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

9 hours ago, Blatter said:

Lets be clear about this.

A good referee can stop it in the first 10 minutes of a game.

1. Don’t stop the game for every minor bit of physical contact.

2. Early booking for simulation 

3. Play on when players down with ‘tactical injury’

4. Trainer on quickly resulting in player leaving field of play for minor injury.

5. Delay re entry to field of play when miraculous recovery occurs.

Saturday’s ref did none of this and was outrageously conned the longer the game went on.

Thats not why we lost by the wayw

Which ref does all that?  I wish they did hate this blatent cheating makes a mockery of the game and the fans.