Come to Hillsborough - cheat and frustrate

Seems to be the aim of a few teams that come here. 

It’s like, the bigger the ground, the more acceptable it is to roll around wasting time - which gets the crowd riled up. 

I think teams work on it more than they do their actual ‘football’ tactics. 

Ps - I hope QPR get relegated. 

It's called tactical nous.

It's something that has been sorely lacking from our managers over the last 20 years (excluding the fat,  cabbage-headed, minge of a turncoat annoyingly) so I'm not surprised when people don't recognise it when they see it from other teams.

Edited by Minton

17 minutes ago, Minton said:

It's called tactical nous.

It's something that has been sorely lacking from our managers over the last 20 years (excluding the fat,  cabbage-headed, minge of a turncoat annoyingly) so I'm not surprised when people don't recognise it when they see it from other teams.

Rolling about on the floor is not tactical nous, even kids can do that. It's about time the FA got refs to book players for their amateur dramatics. It's pathetic and needs putting an end  to.

Edited by Big Jack
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

It’s like, the bigger the ground, the more acceptable it is to roll around wasting time - which gets the crowd riled up. 

Lets be clear about this.

A good referee can stop it in the first 10 minutes of a game.

1. Don’t stop the game for every minor bit of physical contact.

2. Early booking for simulation 

3. Play on when players down with ‘tactical injury’

4. Trainer on quickly resulting in player leaving field of play for minor injury.

5. Delay re entry to field of play when miraculous recovery occurs.

Saturday’s ref did none of this and was outrageously conned the longer the game went on.

Thats not why we lost by the way

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Blatter said:

4. Trainer on quickly resulting in player leaving field of play for minor injury.

Saturday’s ref did none of this and was outrageously conned the longer the game went on.

This, this, this!

We lack bottle. When promotion teams go a goal down there is a determination and expectation that they will win. Our heads drop or our discipline goes. There's nobody driving us forward, picking up the ones who's heads have dropped with an arm round the shoulder or a kick up the backside. We need a team of battlers, we are too nice, too soft.

I said it in another thread, if you had to pick players from all of the EFL to build a team to give you guaranteed promotion, how many of our players would be in it? Most wouldn't even be in the top 5 options.

We've got a long way to go. At the start of preseason I was optimistic we would be there or there about, now I think we are mid table.

10 minutes ago, Blatter said:

We lost because we weren't good enough. They did a number on us tactically and by disrupting our rhythm with their cheating. Not nice but they got the job done. We need to find a way of getting the job done but at present we have plan A and nothing else.

1 hour ago, Kopparberg said:

Also the same tactic used by the police and SAG

It's not nous, clever, game management, getting the job done or even the EU's fault.  It's just twattishness and modern society has a tendency to accept and even praise twattishness

Imagine watching that sh@t every week.

You could see from 10 to 20 minutes in that the referee wasn't going to stamp his authority on the game.  Like the Sheffield Wednesday team he was simply content to coast through the game

They were simply better and stronger than us, and didn't need to resort to simple cheating

• Like 2