Biggsy

6 hours ago, Morepork said:

Just read the thread on Twitter. One chap under the impression that DC has stated he won’t approach anyone currently employed....please, for the love of god tell me that is a total fabrication. 

Is it really that much of a surprise? We aren't in a position to spend a few million in compensation. 

1 minute ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Is it really that much of a surprise? We aren't in a position to spend a few million in compensation. 

I'm not sure that's the case. I suspect we were paying the 3 Steve's at least £3m a year combined and also have the compensation. 

A few million on the right appointment is a good investment versus lurching from one out of work failure to another, which also has its financial cost to recruit and terminate.

I'd love for us to consider and target the likes of the Cowley's and Alex Neil. My fear is we'll more than likely go for another obscure Carlos or Jos type or we'll settle for one of the out of work has beens or failures. But if we really do the smart forward thinking thing by going for a manager on the rise, then hats off to DC and I apologise for doubting him. After losing Bruce, it would be easy to make a mistake by sticking with Bully or by going for another obscure type or an out of work merry go round has been or failure. I would even understand taking our time, if we're ambitious and forward thinking like the likes of Villa, when they replaced Bruce with Dean Smith for example. As I believe we need to start thinking long term and doing things smarter.

1 hour ago, bigthinrob said:

“Not understanding how football works”.

How does football work then?

Maybe you could enlighten him.

Maybe you could get onto SAG & the council & SYP.

Maybe you could contact the EFL & explain the disparity of parachute payments against FFP. 

Maybe following the totally unexpected departure of Bruce he should have made a snap decision the following day.

Maybe he should have set on Heckingbottom when you lot were all screaming for him at the time (or any of the other no marks who had won 3 games on the trot & then faded from sight).

I think Mr Chansiri understands football very well. 

He has learnt in no time at all that everyone has an opinion (usually made in hindsight & changed the second circumstances change).

Everyone thinks they know how to run a business / Football club, when in reality they couldn’t run a whist drive.

Everyone is a financial guru having never run anything more than a second hand Mondeo.

You lot were writing him off re the FFP / embargo situation and he proved then, while you lot were wringing your hands & agreeing with certain Pod Casts that our best players would have to be sold to survive, that whilst he still isn’t perfect (who is?). He has more honour, loyalty & business acumen that most on here could only dream of.

Doesn’t understand football?

Oh I think he does!!

Totally agree Rob. We're lucky to have him here. He's learned from every obstacle and problem that's come his way. He just has to make a decision on the managerial situation and we need to back him with whoever he picks.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bigthinrob said:

“Not understanding how football works”.

How does football work then?

Maybe you could enlighten him.

Maybe you could get onto SAG & the council & SYP.

Maybe you could contact the EFL & explain the disparity of parachute payments against FFP. 

Maybe following the totally unexpected departure of Bruce he should have made a snap decision the following day.

Maybe he should have set on Heckingbottom when you lot were all screaming for him at the time (or any of the other no marks who had won 3 games on the trot & then faded from sight).

I think Mr Chansiri understands football very well. 

He has learnt in no time at all that everyone has an opinion (usually made in hindsight & changed the second circumstances change).

Everyone thinks they know how to run a business / Football club, when in reality they couldn’t run a whist drive.

Everyone is a financial guru having never run anything more than a second hand Mondeo.

You lot were writing him off re the FFP / embargo situation and he proved then, while you lot were wringing your hands & agreeing with certain Pod Casts that our best players would have to be sold to survive, that whilst he still isn’t perfect (who is?). He has more honour, loyalty & business acumen that most on here could only dream of.

Doesn’t understand football?

Oh I think he does!!

You can tell he knows all about football from the embargo’s we’ve been in for 50% of his tenure. Or by selling the ground to fund the likes of Urby Emmanualsons Physio. :duntmatter:

7 minutes ago, kingsidney said:

You can tell he knows all about football from the embargo’s we’ve been in for 50% of his tenure. Or by selling the ground to fund the likes of Urby Emmanualsons Physio. :duntmatter:

Hindsight again.

Amazing how no one would have spent any money on taking over!!!

Remember all the jibes at ‘tight fisted’ Mandaric and the 350k jokes and the sniping because he WOULDN’T spend any money.

DC gives it a go, nearly pulls it off against all the odds. “We’re on our way, we’re on our way”.

Assume you weren’t singing that at the time at Wembley.  I suppose you were holding a one man campaign about the folly of spending to achieve promotion.

Everyone’s a genius in hindsight.

Also would you not agree that the DC then isn’t the DC now. 

Yeah, no one disputes there were mistakes (but for the right reasons), but he has proven time & again that he has been able to pull rabbits out of the hat when all the experts said it was impossible.

Soon as we lose a couple of games the anti DC mob reappear.  

Not sure what people expect to be honest.

25 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Hindsight again.

Amazing how no one would have spent any money on taking over!!!

Remember all the jibes at ‘tight fisted’ Mandaric and the 350k jokes and the sniping because he WOULDN’T spend any money.

DC gives it a go, nearly pulls it off against all the odds. “We’re on our way, we’re on our way”.

Assume you weren’t singing that at the time at Wembley.  I suppose you were holding a one man campaign about the folly of spending to achieve promotion.

Everyone’s a genius in hindsight.

Also would you not agree that the DC then isn’t the DC now. 

Yeah, no one disputes there were mistakes (but for the right reasons), but he has proven time & again that he has been able to pull rabbits out of the hat when all the experts said it was impossible.

Soon as we lose a couple of games the anti DC mob reappear.  

Not sure what people expect to be honest.

It’s not hindsight to willingly choose to ignore the rules and overspend on the ffp limits.  

You’d think this amazing businessman would be able to balance a check book. 

The thought of Pulis makes me shudder. Awful football, dinosaur type. If we're going to rip it up and start again ( for God knows how many times) I'd prefer we did it with an up and coming manager who's hungry for success rather than with  someone who's simply looking for another pay day. If we we're down at the bottom with 10 games to go then perhaps Pulis might be an option. But he's not what we need.

3 hours ago, Peacenocchio said:

The problem Cowley will have is the same one that Nathan Jones has and the bloke at Ipswich had last season. They might motivate league 1 players but none of the Championship players will listen to him.

We know this from our own history with Danny Wilson.

It just wont work.

Utter poo.

15 minutes ago, kingsidney said:

It’s not hindsight to willingly choose to ignore the rules and overspend on the ffp limits.  

You’d think this amazing businessman would be able to balance a check book. 

Yeah you’re right.

Absloutely the worst thing to happen to our club in years.

Ps For anyone’s who’s brains aren’t tuned into sarcasm, that’s my unsubtle attempt at sarcasm!!

• Haha 1

For the first time in years everyone was in agreement that we had the right manager in charge, now it seems a lot of fans want a completely different approach by getting someone who has never managed at this level before.

I just don't get it.