No hot food on the Kop at half time yesterday

I have ti travel from Buxton, am very poor on my legs, and need time to get into my seat, so I go early. It's essential that i have something to eat, and would adore the chance to use Beres, but cannopt. 

I went in the South Stand as usual sat. at around 2.25,and bought a hot pasty to take to my seat IT WAS THE LAST PASTY. I also bought a bottle of Coke,and asked the young chap if he would 'crack the top' for me since my grip is failing. On throwing the top away I asked him for it back ' Would love to' he said  'but unfortunately, we're not allowed to replace them.' he said t, then tried to put some paper in for me.

I've been going to Hillsborough since before alcohol was sold in the ground,, and the catering then, a pie and a bovril , was always available.

GET A PROPER HEAD OF CATERING IN !

Guest Manwithastick
13 hours ago, Highbury Owl said:

So what is it that you don't agree with

Manwithastick?

Your opinion. But are you so delicate as to be upset about that?

As pointed out so eloquently by Buxton just above, there are many reasons why folks choose to want to buy food/drink inside the stadium as opposed to 

outside. EVERY other sporting club I've ever been to manages this better than my club. Every single one. From non league football to cricket to international 

rugby to baseball. I feel qualified to make comparisons from hundreds of venues and SWFC is the poorest. That's not having a dig at the club. It's just a crying 

shame that we can't get something right when others with a hundredth of our budget do it so much better. 

It seems to me that it is fine to want to buy food and beverages inside the grouund.

It is personal choice.

I like to because in theory it puts £money into the club.

I visited the Emiates a few years back and the food halls were amazing. Light years away from our offering.

What is even more frightening is that I have visited Nation League grounds who have a better food and beverages offer than SWFC.

Those taking the p1ss or suggesting to eat otherwise are missing the point.

The fact is that the club pay someone to organise this sort of thing and the service is a farce every week. It also has been the same for years and years now. You would think that as a business the club would have looked at this long before now, especially given the profit and sustainability issues. Surely we should be maximising every income stream and doing our all for a good match day experience, to keep folk coming to games.

The food has been awful, runs out early etc etc for years.

You can't get a pint. Even if you go down on 40 minutes you'll still struggle to get served before the start of the second half. All the while there tends to be 2 kids serving, who take the order, then individually pull each pint and then take the money, it's so slow and backwards. All the while there are other staff stood behind them doing absolutely nothing.

I went to Twickenham a couple of weeks back and it couldn't be more different. One person pulling pints all time, others serving and passing the drinks. It runs smoothly and people get served in no time. There were even staff walking round the concourse selling pints. It's really not rocket science.

1 hour ago, Manwithastick said:

As pointed out so eloquently by Buxton just above, there are many reasons why folks choose to want to buy food/drink inside the stadium as opposed to 

outside. EVERY other sporting club I've ever been to manages this better than my club. Every single one. From non league football to cricket to international 

rugby to baseball. I feel qualified to make comparisons from hundreds of venues and SWFC is the poorest. That's not having a dig at the club. It's just a crying 

shame that we can't get something right when others with a hundredth of our budget do it so much better. 

Spot on. And those trotting out the old lines "buy summat outside the ground" or "can't you go 90 mins without stuffing your face?" are completely missing the point. We have people willing to give the club money who due to the clubs inability to provide an adequate service are unable to. That is money going to combating FFP.

Not only that, it now forms a big part of the matchday experience. We aren't in the 70's anymore, supporters today want the kind of service you would expect elsewhere. I get that with the age of our ground we are somewhat hampered in terms of what we can offer- but the club can do way better than this and shouldn't be excused.  

1 minute ago, bazapeps said:

Those taking the p1ss or suggesting to eat otherwise are missing the point.

The fact is that the club pay someone to organise this sort of thing and the service is a farce every week. It also has been the same for years and years now. You would think that as a business the club would have looked at this long before now, especially given the profit and sustainability issues. Surely we should be maximising every income stream and doing our all for a good match day experience, to keep folk coming to games.

The food has been awful, runs out early etc etc for years.

You can't get a pint. Even if you go down on 40 minutes you'll still struggle to get served before the start of the second half. All the while there tends to be 2 kids serving, who take the order, then individually pull each pint and then take the money, it's so slow and backwards. All the while there are other staff stood behind them doing absolutely nothing.

I went to Twickenham a couple of weeks back and it couldn't be more different. One person pulling pints all time, others serving and passing the drinks. It runs smoothly and people get served in no time. There were even staff walking round the concourse selling pints. It's really not rocket science.

Pretty much what I wanted to say lol 

Guest The Horse

I think it would help if the club could find some way of making the ground a more attractive place to eat and drink throughout the day of a match.
At the moment, the catering opens 90 mins before kick off and unbelievably closes for the second half when there's still 25,000 ish people in a captive area for a further 45 minutes at least.

The Wednesday Tap does well but is too small. The queues are so long from about 2pm - so there is an obvious demand for a proper bar inside the ground.

I don't know how off the top of my head but one, two, maybe three decent sized bars like The Tap (but bigger to cope with demand) that are operated by the club and are open from 9am serving breakfast and stay open well past the final whistle showing Sky games would help.
They could do standard, easy to ping / grill / deep fry bar food, all money goes to the club and gives some people some breathing time whilst the traffic and tram rush dies down after the game.
The concourse kiosks should stay open until at least half an hour after the final whistle too.
I'm sure plenty of people would love to have a pint and a pie to watch the full times roll in on the screens on the North and South. Again, let the rush outside die down.

More money going to the club. Or maybe I'm missing a basic economic reason to close the tills and get everyone out ASAP and shut the doors on us?
I know it's still only going to be operating once a fortnight but the matchday is more than just the match for a lot people. It's the social side before and after - seeing your mates, having a laugh, catching up, putting the world to rights, watching other games.
If the club could find a way to cater for that throughout the day it would be a win/win.

4 hours ago, Manwithastick said:

Who said I was upset? It was a simple question.

Are you too delicate to understand that?