No hot food on the Kop at half time yesterday

36 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

That quote as you probably guessed is from Thomas Wolfe not King Eric as I'm sure you are aware your Reverence ?

Thanks for the expert diagnostics on our holy day of rest ...

God bless Rev xxxxx

Hope its Cockburns ?

I wasn't aware so thanks.

The sherry of course was Harvey's.

This glass of port.....

that's Cockburn's.

Always a pleasure to help. :biggrin:

Edited by Rev Owl
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Highbury Owl said:

Why is anyone still buying food in the stadium?

I get a sandwich from one of the bakeries outside the stadium and that does me until after the game.

If you're daft enough to want to buy the overpriced inedible poo they serve there, then sort yourself out ffs and stop whinging. 

Ecellently well said there.i've stopped buy food from inside the stadium  years ago because there are quite a few decent food outlets in Hillsborough area and are also reasonably priced.:tango:

1 hour ago, Highbury Owl said:

I get a sandwich from one of the bakeries outside the stadium and that does me until after the game.

If you're daft enough to want to buy the overpriced inedible poo they serve there, then sort yourself out ffs and stop whinging. 

Yet people moan when we get dinged by the EFL for FFP.

Wednesday’s revenue is wee wee poor for a club of its size. Perhaps if more fans bought stuff from the club we wouldn’t be so quite in the poo.

I say that with the caveat that I’ve not been to Hillsborough in 12 seasons. So you tightwads need to make up for my lack of custom.

Edited by Neal M

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

45 minutes ago, Highbury Owl said:

You could say go elsewhere for nearly everything...why not go and support a team that does have facilities for fans. Young un’s going to Bramall Lane instead. 

We live a world where the next generation soon switch to other brands over customer experience. Loyalty is gone.

I’m sure the OP realises there are other options; it’s just that as a customer, he has expectations that the club will be selling food.  If you’re taking a load of kids and they want to get in the ground early, then that’s what he might want to do.

The club should announce that catering will be permanently closed, if this is the case. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nilsson said:

Having a beer at half time on the kop isn’t possible without leaving your seat well before half time or missing the start of the second half.

If you charge as much as we do for match day tickets, the facilities should be a lot better

Too true , other stadiums seem to manage