No hot food on the Kop at half time yesterday

For all the people taking the p**s, the facilities at the ground do put people off. There are a few casual football fans I’ve convinced to come to Hillsborough over the years and most of them have been put off by the terrible facilities and refreshments on offer. 

Not everyone who attends matches is a hardcore fan and some people are put off by these things. If we had better facilities would it add thousands to the gate? Probably not. A few hundred? Maybe. Would those people return and maybe bring their friends or their kids? 

Too many fans judge other fans by their own values. Some people just fancy going to the occasional match and don’t care if it’s Wednesday or United. When I’ve lived in other cities I sometimes attended games as a neutral. I would not have gone back if the facilities were crap. 

Edited by i used to be sc_owl
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, edited said:

Everytime one of these posts comes up, You get the same people taking the wee wee with their attempts at humour. But it just shows how badly the club is run when something quite simple can be done so badly. Its like we cant be arsed to increase revenue, Same with the shop. Employ people who know what they are doing and sort it out

How much money do we make though? Do we still have a company doing this or do we run it all ourselves now? 

After paying staff serving they can't be that much profit, they only get busy from about 2.30 to kick off then for about 20 mins at half time, those employed to serve are probably there from 1.30 till 4.30, so majority of time stood twiddling their thumbs and still getting paid. 

28 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Funny you lads mention this 

Ecclesiastes (that's a Roll from the old Testament-- @Rev Owl required for citation)

Eccles cakes ?

Rolls ?:ph34r:

"Of all I have ever seen or learned, that book seems to me the noblest, the wisest, and the most powerful expression of man's life upon this earth—and also the highest flower of poetry, eloquence, and truth. I am not given to dogmatic judgments in the matter of literary creation, but if I had to make one I could say that Ecclesiastes is the greatest single piece of writing I have ever known, and the wisdom expressed in it the most lasting and profound."[1]

Eric_Cantona_2013__48953.1363218249.jpg.13bfc312e86cb5086bbec9bc812210b4.jpg

I love Football

E Cantona 

Aug 2019 ...

Ok, to take the points one at a time.

Ecclesiastes is a book of the Old Testament aka the Hebrew Bible, well done OG

I can't find South Stand 3:15. One lonely sausage roll and no pasties.

But I think it's non-canonical from the intertestamental period or possibly Dead Sea Scrolls?

The quote about Ecclesiastes has a lot to commend it although a bit OTT in my considered opinion.

Eric Cantona is of course entitled to his own opinions.

Hope that helps?

Now where's that sherry?

Edited by Rev Owl
  • Haha 3

On the north stand yesterday I went to the middle kiosk on the upper bit at 2.55 and told no pies so went to the one nearer the kop to be told this is a burger shack and no pies only burgers so walked off in disappointment 

Fast forward to half time and 5 people in queue i should over you got any pies now yes i was told so brilliant but it then took 10 minutes to serve the 5 people in front of me absolutely awful service at that speed the club must be loosing out on revenue 

29 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

Hope that helps?

Now where's that sherry?

That quote as you probably guessed is from Thomas Wolfe not King Eric as I'm sure you are aware your Reverence ?

Thanks for the expert diagnostics on our holy day of rest ...

God bless Rev xxxxx

Hope its Cockburns ?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, nilsson said:

Having a beer at half time on the kop isn’t possible without leaving your seat well before half time or missing the start of the second half.

If you charge as much as we do for match day tickets, the facilities should be a lot better

We queued in that weird prison yard thing by the players’ car park, and there’s two kiosks, one at each end, with two lines at each kiosk. We got in the right-hand queue at one of them and waited 15min to get to the front, finally got there and asked for two pints of The Wednesday ale which was literally 2m to the left, in front of the other queue. A lad with an eyebrow tattoo looked at the beer pump, looked at us, looked at the cans fridge behind him, looked at us, blinked hard twice, and then said “you’ll have to queue over that side for that”. We just fell about laughing. Unbelievable.

• Haha 3

Why is anyone still buying food in the stadium?

I get a sandwich from one of the bakeries outside the stadium and that does me until after the game.

If you're daft enough to want to buy the overpriced inedible poo they serve there, then sort yourself out ffs and stop whinging.