Steward altercations/arguments

1 hour ago, Owl 44 said:

Ones who stand at top of concourse steps where I sit on North are great blokes. Very helpful and have had a laugh with a couple of them (mainly about how bobbar Wednesday are). 

There was one used to stand at top of cancer alley who was a pig, had some good pee taking with him

Not past but current. Leaving the north yesterday and there’s this fat steward literally taking up half of the stairway out. So very politely I said. You’re blocking the gangway why don’t you stand at the side? His answer was because everybody shouts at me for blocking their view. So I said we’ll sit in the empty seat there. His reply was I’m not allowed to sit down. And these are the people tasked with keeping stairways and exits clear. 

• Haha 1

Went to the City ground with my daughter when she was about 8. Not the first time we'd been there together but for some reason where we were stood was more lively than normal. 

Steward came over and asked me if we wanted to move down the front where it was calmer. He the proceeded to take us down to the second row, which was covered in segregation netting, puller back the netting, wished us to enjoy the game and left us to it. 

Nice bloke.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Female Steward at Edgely park..The year Turner said 

"We lost because Stockport had played there before and knew which way the ball was going to bounce"

Was stopped at the turnstile by a male steward who wouldn't let me take a camera in , without removing the batteries 

I said 

"but the Camera won't work without the batteries"

He said 

"But you might be taking the batteries in to throw them"

I said 

"Then why in f.ooks name would I bring a camera in as well"

Female Steward wanders over ...I'm stood with a 5 yr old kid...

She says to the other Steward...

"Give over"

Says to me 

"In you go"

See...Not all jobsworths

Same here, but allowed to take the batteries in but not the camera,  they said DC don't want evidence of that shower of sh##t being shown until a new manager is in charge. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cross owl said:

Pin stripe Jean's.  Ah the memories just a short time after the Jean's were so tight there were no pockets on the front , she couldn't have searched them without arrest :biggrin:

Were Pepe Ice wash jeans a real thing? I was about 15 in 1989 and I’m sure they were all the rage...or have I made that up

2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Female Steward at Edgely park..The year Turner said 

"We lost because Stockport had played there before and knew which way the ball was going to bounce"

Was stopped at the turnstile by a male steward who wouldn't let me take a camera in , without removing the batteries 

I said 

"but the Camera won't work without the batteries"

He said 

"But you might be taking the batteries in to throw them"

I said 

"Then why in f.ooks name would I bring a camera in as well"

Female Steward wanders over ...I'm stood with a 5 yr old kid...

She says to the other Steward...

"Give over"

Says to me 

"In you go"

See...Not all jobsworths

You know the rules Andy  (you made them,)

Photos or it never happened .....

lol

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Greengrass said:

If your a steward at a footy match why would you want to go looking for trouble ? 

Ok, if someone runs on the pitch chase after them fair enough.

But really for 2-3 hours work surely you want the least hassle as possible.

It's not as simple as that though is it. The club has a duty of care to all customers and employees,and the stewards have to control people ranging from coke heads looking for a scrap to 90 year old disabled people,and everyone in between. 

2 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Wasn't Fat Sid a steward once?

Always thought he was a stand up guy.

Blast from the past ........Along with Sammy ...bathtub etc ...Fat sid was a main character from the 70/80s....once at Blackpool away took the whole of home end on ..just him and two of his mates ... crazy barmy days ......”were all mad..we’re insane...no one takes the leppings lane !!!!!

• Like 1

It will have been about 1996 away v Carlisle in FA Cup.  I think we won 2-0.

For some reason it’s always stuck in my mind....

All the Wednesday fans singing “Curly Watts” at a young steward that looked like the character from Coronation Street.

Eventually they had to move the poor lad.

one of the stewards wasn’t taking it in the spirit the song was intended so then the Wednesday end started singing “chip pan head, chip pan head” at him. He didn’t know what to do...,

Never before or since have I ever heard somebody called “chip pan head” lol 

Strange how you can remember certain things so clearly more than 20 years later....

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Greengrass said:

Aye, Bankcrupt clothing company near Cole Brothers, seem to remember JK jeans which were really skin tight.

Jk they are the ones , no front pockets , teamed up with a fred Perry polo shirt , fourteen hole dockers and a pilot jacket I was pure girl bait me lol

9 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

It will have been about 1996 away v Carlisle in FA Cup.  I think we won 2-0.

For some reason it’s always stuck in my mind....

All the Wednesday fans singing “Curly Watts” at a young steward that looked like the character from Coronation Street.

Eventually they had to move the poor lad.

one of the stewards wasn’t taking it in the spirit the song was intended so then the Wednesday end started singing “chip pan head, chip pan head” at him. He didn’t know what to do...,

Never before or since have I ever heard somebody called “chip pan head” lol 

Strange how you can remember certain things so clearly more than 20 years later....

Just looked, it was January 1997

Chip Pan head chip pan head chip pan head chip pan head chip pan head.