Is the club for sale?

14 minutes ago, mkowl said:

It was posted on here, but it was when all the SAG / SYP stuff was going on.

It is one of the Sheffield 3 Limited or Sheffield 5 companies, can't remember which now. But someone posted the Land Registry doc 

So DC does appear to own it via his shareholding in whichever company it is. 

Thanks for that. So I suppose if DC were to sell up it’d be relatively straightforward from a point of view that the buyer would be buying everything from one person still.

Edited by alleycat

Guest LondonOwl313
3 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

Ok I will bite, and for the last time today.

why would he buy the ground 

a/ to avoid ffp points deduction and get around ffp

b/ if he decides to sell or walk away he holds the biggest asset for a football club and it isn’t part of Sheff wed when people come and try and buy us. ( strong hold on negotiations when selling and also if we pop due to finances and end up in admin he still holds the ground)

there you go I bit. You got me lol 

hes solved a short term problem ( created by himself by the way)  and covered his back for the future. 

I don’t think the ground sale is that bad.. it becomes an issue if in the future the club gets sold but the ground doesn’t, and there’s split ownership 

But who is going to buy the club off Chansiri without the ground being included in that? Would imagine that anyone buying us would have the inclusion of the ground as a precondition 

First match of the season, they ran out of water in the Grandstand before the match had even kicked off.

Product with a long shelf life, loads of matches coming up, absolutely ridiculous.

Yesterday, they ran out of water in the Grandstand - again - this time before half time.

3 people on the beer kiosk with queues the width of the concourse. 4 people on food kiosk just stood there with little to do.

“Who gives a f00k” is the usual call.  

The reason it matters, regardless of whether you buy food and drink at the ground, is because it is symptomatic of the amateurish way in which the club is operated.

The merchandise, FFP, the ticketing strategy, the catering, the haphazard recruitment, no manager for 6 weeks, the constant Merry go round of admin staff, the boxes fiasco, selling the ground, SAG/North Stand - they all point to a business with no clear direction or coherent leadership and bad management. 

We might get lucky and get promoted  but it’s doubtful.

This club is treading water with somebody leading us that is out of his depth.  Fortunately, he’s put in his Dad’s money to cover up the cracks.

Are we for sale? I hope so.

Finding a buyer with the necessary funds is unfortunately a long shot though.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

In my opinion, I dont think the current situation regarding them lot down the road, is helping much of the fanbase at all. Its boiling frustration, because let's face it, not so long ago we had an opportunity to really put ourselves in the driving seat as the only premiership team in the city, we blew it and ever since have gone into major reverse whilst they overtook. Ofcourse I know many will say they dont care, no relevance to us etc. But as I say whilst we appear to be in limbo and they enjoy the riches of the premiership, I think it's just adding increasing pressure to us as a club, particularly DC to get it right. 

Yes I think you’re right and that brings its own problems apart from the obvious. The last thing we need now is a quick fix to try and emulate the other lot.

It wasn’t some masterstroke by McCabe, he just got lucky eventually. There’s no way he could have expected Wilder to achieve what he has done and to also have the added bonus that he’s unlikely to walk if a better offer came in for now at least. They might not have kept him beyond the league one title if it hadn’t been his dream job.

We shouldn’t try to copy them because the chances that we could also find a similar manager, steeped in our club is almost zero. Bullen’s not the man and let’s face it, if Pearson had any great love or ambition to manage us he probably already would have. We need an somebody with a proven record who can build a good squad with a winning mentality, and by the way not somebody like Bruce who’s always needed an open chequebook to succeed. And whoever it is, we need to give that person time to finally weed out all the deadwood who’ve been hanging around our club through years of disappointment. They’ll never be an answer to our problem good as some are, they’re just not winners. 

I know these days people seem to want instant success but I think we need to take a fresh look at it, not let what the other lot are currently achieving force DC’s hand into more mistakes. If it takes the new bloke a year or two to make us true contenders so be it if we can all see genuine progress. I think the worse thing that can happen is we go down the same old road over again and end up in the same mess on and off the pitch and let’s face it, if I’m prepared to be patient at my age anybody can be.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

DC has been here 5 years he has barely even don t anything to the stadium other than his sign that fell down. Our 40,000 capacity is down to nearly 30,000 because of big areas of the stadium that need bringing up to safety standards.

what person buys a stadium for £60m then won't spent any money on improving or repairing it.

WTF!.

The stadium has been in decline since the mid 1980's, what has that got to do the Chansiri.

We have wasted 30 + years, sir Jack and the then chairman ran the club properly.

Richards came in and ran the club into the ground, and we have been struggling since.

In his time he committed 2 obvious mistakes, replacing Atkinson with Francis and not backing Atkinson when he came back ( Atkinson said then that the team was not as good as when he left).

The second mistake was signing any one with a pulse, no matter how poor there medical history was, and ignoring the Junior set up was and the business philosophy.

So this malaise has been going on for the past30 years, not just the last 4 years.

Going back to the stadium, when our away following sing " We have a shed as big as this" they are right. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, room0035 said:

DC has been here 5 years he has barely even don t anything to the stadium other than his sign that fell down. Our 40,000 capacity is down to nearly 30,000 because of big areas of the stadium that need bringing up to safety standards.

what person buys a stadium for £60m then won't spent any money on improving or repairing it.

Think you may have missed the reason for DC investing £60M in buying the stadium.

1 hour ago, Triple O said:

Think you may have missed the reason for DC investing £60M in buying the stadium.

No mate but if he doesn't invest anything in improving it, it won't be worth £60m for very long.

Get the stadium improved, get rid of SAG and let's improve the match day experience with a 21st century stadium feel not a 19th century feel.

We do not have a leader , chansiri is the owner but he hardly ever speaks or makes the decisions that need addressing ...... Carlos, acted too slowly.....Joss, same again and now Bullen , will he do the same again and dither ......we need a new manager and we need one now.

10 hours ago, room0035 said:

No mate but if he doesn't invest anything in improving it, it won't be worth £60m for very long.

Get the stadium improved, get rid of SAG and let's improve the match day experience with a 21st century stadium feel not a 19th century feel.

That's the point. SAG etc. Have dug in. Can you imagine doing every and all improvements then. Because of the lack of space around the ground. SAG etc come up with restrictions whenever someone does something stupid or makes a false claim about safety?

Sorry I'm a traditionalist but know when to give in. DC would. In my opinion, build a new stadium if we can progress.