Is the club for sale?

We’re going nowhere until we have a good, experienced manager who knows this league and can build the foundations and take us forward and that is DC’s number one priority. Anything else DC does won’t matter a jot if we don’t get the right man and his team at the helm.

Take a look across the city. They seem to have had virtually zero leadership from the top down for nearly 2 years, but while their 2 owners have squabbled away and been virtually invisible, their club has gone from strength to strength because they’ve got the right management team in place.

Right now the ground isn’t the priority and we certainly don’t need to see DC parading around in an Owls shirt waving his scarf and declaring his commitment, in fact I think the best owners are the ones who keep a low profile and just get on with it. We just need Mr Chansiri to make ONE major decision, make it soon and this time get it right and the rest will follow.

• Like 1

Guest Kameron
1 minute ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

The truth?

Remember you kept a day by day manual of how we werent selling the ground?

lol

He got there in the end just like he’ll appoint a manager in the end.

2 hours ago, dowls said:

Explain ... all summer getting us out of FFP soft embargo involving a 60 million resale of the ground exploiting a loophole still existing.

(MK move on he’s learned from his mistakes so don’t rehash “shouldn’t  of got to that in the first place” mantra /  hatred)

The start of trading of players people want to buy.

Summer highjacked by Bruce departure.

DC focussed on two established successful managers as possible replacements.

a good transfer window .. don’t tell me it wasn’t now it was for most of us when it closed. DC error not letting Rhodes go for free.

Our star player getting done by a hatchet job by the EFL (FA)  

SAG / SYP / Shef CC hatchet job on club diverting our attention way from some of the other stuff .. how the hell its DC fault I haven’t a clue as all other Chairman and resided over the same issues for last 4 decades!

A new stewarding arrangement brought about by the above again investment and time required.

Totally agree.

When you read some of the absolute unadulterated garbage posted on here it makes you realise the level of intelligence we're dealing with.  

Bringing in old has been's from the past to 'rescue' the club, or partners to bring in fresh investment when we aren't even allowed to invest the money DC is more than willing to put in.

Can you imagine if the club was run by some sort of Owlstalk committee, be fu**in hilarious. 

2 hours ago, james o connor said:

I never hide the fact I don’t rate him as a chairman . The ‘he’s pumped money in’ line  doesn’t cut it for me . Not going to start slating him again though , just wish he’s wise up a bit and act swiftly once in a while . Letting clueless lumber into a relaxation fight , the bullen saga, everything takes far too long .   Meanwhile , ,ore efficient clubs pass us 

You hate everything about our club

lol

I think DC expected to spend more on infrastructure but just put yourself in his position.

Middlewood is unlikely to be good enough, even with investment, if our aim is Premier League.

I love Hillsborough but DC just comes up against obstacle after obstacle with SAG, SYP, Councils both city and area. There is no space around the ground to facilitate a modern football club so he will not spend loads until something is sorted.

I get that some don't like him as he has weaknesses but he is the guy who spent loads a we missed out by a whisker of getting to our goal.

1 minute ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

You hate everything about our club

lol

I do hate poor running of the club and getting progressively worse every year yeah . I know everyone is different and some think getting to Wembley 4 years ago to be success , for me we should be aiming higher . The bullen saga is silly . Either appoint him or get somebody else in . The performance yesterday was frightening, it was that bad . More than anything I guess it’s frustration . We have watched teams like Norwich and them down the road spend less and achieve a whole lot more . For once it would be nice if we were the club that actually went somewhere 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Growl67 said:

We’re going nowhere until we have a good, experienced manager who knows this league and can build the foundations and take us forward and that is DC’s number one priority. Anything else DC does won’t matter a jot if we don’t get the right man and his team at the helm.

Take a look across the city. They seem to have had virtually zero leadership from the top down for nearly 2 years, but while their 2 owners have squabbled away and been virtually invisible, their club has gone from strength to strength because they’ve got the right management team in place.

Right now the ground isn’t the priority and we certainly don’t need to see DC parading around in an Owls shirt waving his scarf and declaring his commitment, in fact I think the best owners are the ones who keep a low profile and just get on with it. We just need Mr Chansiri to make ONE major decision, make it soon and this time get it right and the rest will follow.

In my opinion, I dont think the current situation regarding them lot down the road, is helping much of the fanbase at all. Its boiling frustration, because let's face it, not so long ago we had an opportunity to really put ourselves in the driving seat as the only premiership team in the city, we blew it and ever since have gone into major reverse whilst they overtook. Ofcourse I know many will say they dont care, no relevance to us etc. But as I say whilst we appear to be in limbo and they enjoy the riches of the premiership, I think it's just adding increasing pressure to us as a club, particularly DC to get it right. 

3 hours ago, Lord Nilsson said:

If I was DC I’d be looking for some co-investors at least to bring some new investment and ideas. North American professional sport investors or something like that. 

His family and advisers must be telling him to get out as club not moving forward.

I don’t understand why he doesn’t get some help round him. As things stand he’s not going to get his money back.

Cant think of many owners off the top of my head that ever do.

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

So why are Wolves ahead of us in that respect.

I don't see Sheffield Wednesday and Wolves being poles apart in the grand scheme of things in terms of status and attraction. 

Wolverhampton is not some metropolis. Similar fan base levels. 

Ask why we can't be Wolves, not say we are not comparable. 

2 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

I agree with that.

This club has not been mismanaged just for the last 4 years but for the last 30 years, since Richards took over, while we ran down the ground and the business, them Blunts were doing the opposite and building a well run organisation.

Adelphi has it IMO MK.

When DC came in he made clear there was a short-term strategy and a long-term one... the former bought about by player recruitment the likes that by all accounts other Wednesday fans hadn't seen in two decades, investment in the pitch etc; the latter bought about by training ground investments and pumping money into the academy.

The largely very poor recruitment (outside of season 1) coupled with the money pumped into the academy has been akin to sticking a very colourful and expensive plaster over the gaping wound that is Sheffield Wednesday's twenty year malaise. We've paid big money to almost stand still on the pitch (4 years later and we're still weak at left back and Hutch, Lee and Bannan are our best midfield three). We've clearly improved the youth academy, but we still haven't addressed our inability to bring youth successfully through the system. Now whether that's because they're not good enough or because they don't go out on loan or whatever the case me be, we cannot seem to translate a decent youth product into someone that can break into the first team. [The exception to this being goalkeepers, where we've done well over the last few years]

It's going to take many years of smart investment to get ourselves even remotely comparable to Wolves as of five years ago. Until then, we're just throwing money onto the pitch in the hope we can get promoted. I think DC is addressing the issue with our foundations, but as with anything DC he's doing it slowly... which only compounds things because it's going to take time irregardless.

2 hours ago, mkowl said:

I just see a professional football club being run in a way that is not commensurate with achieving success in the long term. 

that's one way of describing an inexperienced short term gamble that went pear shaped 

I think a new external manager is a must now, Bullen has a better squad at his disposal than Bruce had, one had us mid table after possible our easiest start to a season in 40+ years, the other had us top 3 after 23 games in the season half of the last season.

I read in the press that the players love bullen and want him to have the job. Then they go out and produce the crap on the pitch game after game. We have been shi t since the Luton game.

Bullen clearly does not have the balls to make the big decisions and drop players clearly who for one reason or another are not performing.

And final FFS have a centre flipping g half on the bench. Thorniley in the team yesterday and we would not have lost that game QPR were that bad.

• Like 1

Happy for him to stay as he’s clearly got some passion for it all. He desperately needs to appoint a quality Chief Exec and Director of Football though if we are to ever have any success. Sadly it doesn’t look like he’ll do this. God knows why.

29 minutes ago, Triple O said:

I think DC expected to spend more on infrastructure but just put yourself in his position.

Middlewood is unlikely to be good enough, even with investment, if our aim is Premier League.

I love Hillsborough but DC just comes up against obstacle after obstacle with SAG, SYP, Councils both city and area. There is no space around the ground to facilitate a modern football club so he will not spend loads until something is sorted.

I get that some don't like him as he has weaknesses but he is the guy who spent loads a we missed out by a whisker of getting to our goal.

DC has been here 5 years he has barely even don t anything to the stadium other than his sign that fell down. Our 40,000 capacity is down to nearly 30,000 because of big areas of the stadium that need bringing up to safety standards.

what person buys a stadium for £60m then won't spent any money on improving or repairing it.

1 hour ago, alleycat said:

I might have missed as I haven’t been on here much lately but have we found out who owns the ground yet?

I seem to remember at the time the accounts were published we were waiting for further details / more paperwork to be filed or something.

Any ideas @MK Owl ?

It was posted on here, but it was when all the SAG / SYP stuff was going on.

It is one of the Sheffield 3 Limited or Sheffield 5 companies, can't remember which now. But someone posted the Land Registry doc 

So DC does appear to own it via his shareholding in whichever company it is. 

If it were that simple to 'get the right people in' football wouldn't be worth watching.

Whoever it is would be a gamble, sometimes they end up being the right people most times they do not.

I suppose you could argue, you can increase chances by appointing an experienced manager. Yet why are so many well known experienced manager out of work..?