Is the club for sale?

48 minutes ago, Lord Nilsson said:

If I was DC I’d be looking for some co-investors at least to bring some new investment and ideas. North American professional sport investors or something like that. 

His family and advisers must be telling him to get out as club not moving forward.

I don’t understand why he doesn’t get some help round him. As things stand he’s not going to get his money back.

it's a list of failures.

the latest being the closure of the north stand to potd support.

it wouldn't surprise me one bit for the club to be on the market, but I hope he isn't expecting getting out without being burnt.

it's a limitation jobbie by now.

58 minutes ago, Lord Nilsson said:

Catering is an utter joke. Stadium needs some TLC.  Holding off on managerial appointment. Infrastructure investment doesn’t count for FFP so could be done.

Spent on team but had to tbh.

DC is comparatively quiet compared to previous seasons. Maybe he’s had enough and is treading water until he can sell?

Why would he buy the stadium if he selling the club?, and who would buy the club and not the stadium?.

DC is a patient man, he has learned his lesson in football the hard way over the last 4 years, he is also a Loyal man and maybe giving Bullen the chance to show IF he can do the job, and not reacting with a knee jerk.

We have 40 games left, the Jan window to get players out and bring players in, what is the hurry for promotion this season?, even Bruce said it would be hard to achieve this season and would take a season or two.

Whoever is the manager now or in the future has a big rebuilding job on their hands, the midfield and strikers have been the largest problem in the team since the Carlos days, neither department has changed much in that time .

52 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Wonder if the OP will get as many negs as this chap did in the week for suggesting the same thing.. 

Right? I don’t see much difference between the two posts. They’re both based on conjecture. Which is fine, after all they’re only speculating, and this is a forum.

I know a couple of defeats can swing the mood, but it’s interesting that there are some who agreed with this OP yet negged the other one.

lol

I never hide the fact I don’t rate him as a chairman . The ‘he’s pumped money in’ line  doesn’t cut it for me . Not going to start slating him again though , just wish he’s wise up a bit and act swiftly once in a while . Letting clueless lumber into a relaxation fight , the bullen saga, everything takes far too long .   Meanwhile , ,ore efficient clubs pass us 

4 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

If he’s taking his time at least communicate. We are looking for a manager and do t want to rush, I would respect him for that, I think though he’s just flip flopping hoping Bullen  came good. 

Yep the ground was sold to avoid points deduction.we shouldn’t have been in the position to have to sell the ground but  Still I might be in the minority but I wouldn’t have sold the ground. But again I am not going Into that debate today I have done it before and it will be the same points. 

Lets agree to disagree on the ground sale .. personal see it as a necessary step - regards getting in the situation in the first places he’s not the only one.

RE - communication - yes it’s been quiet and I would like more .. Huddersfield communication is louder having checked. 

We are wanting to change chairman as much as managers now!

When have stability, when dc is allowed to spend he does.

When we don’t need to sell, he doesn't.

End of last season we all thought we were set up perfect for the next 3 years. Just needed time and wait for the team to slowly change and improve.

Bruce ditching us has completely screwed it all up. There is no instant fix to that. Sadly modern football it takes years to Recover and build, unless you are the top 6. 

All we we need is a good manager who has freedom for a couple of years to get it right. But any manager we hire will be hounded out if we are in the bottom half.

Wolves are the best example, they had to suck up several years right down the bottom of the league until they could go guns blazing.

we were ready to do that this year with Bruce, sadly it’s back to square one as we have his signings but not a manager who knows how to use them.

2 minutes ago, BowOwl said:

We are wanting to change chairman as much as managers now!

When have stability, when dc is allowed to spend he does.

When we don’t need to sell, he doesn't.

End of last season we all thought we were set up perfect for the next 3 years. Just needed time and wait for the team to slowly change and improve.

Bruce ditching us has completely screwed it all up. There is no instant fix to that. Sadly modern football it takes years to Recover and build, unless you are the top 6. 

All we we need is a good manager who has freedom for a couple of years to get it right. But any manager we hire will be hounded out if we are in the bottom half.

Wolves are the best example, they had to suck up several years right down the bottom of the league until they could go guns blazing.

we were ready to do that this year with Bruce, sadly it’s back to square one as we have his signings but not a manager who knows how to use them.

I agree with that.

This club has not been mismanaged just for the last 4 years but for the last 30 years, since Richards took over, while we ran down the ground and the business, them Blunts were doing the opposite and building a well run organisation.

Spending money on a Premier class training ground, even Barnsley did the same, developed  young players to sell on to help  invest in the Stadium.

WE wasted any monies we got on trying to BUY success by spending ALL the money raised on players and agents fees, giving out ridiculous contracts to the likes on Jonk,Hinchliffe, Sibon and Debillde, losing money on the likes of DiCanio and Sibon and DeBillde etc. and finished up in the mess we are today.

It wont turn around in a season, we are, at last, beginning to turn out our own young players, the training ground, though not great, is far better then it was 4 years ago, maybe we should give a couple of the Younger players a chance again, Thorniley, 'Elvis' on the bench?.

28 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

it's a list of failures.

the latest being the closure of the north stand to potd support.

it wouldn't surprise me one bit for the club to be on the market, but I hope he isn't expecting getting out without being burnt.

it's a limitation jobbie by now.

You do know the closure of the North Stand to POTD and the whole penistone road exit fiasco is solely down to SYPD , SAG and SCC 

He’s taking legal advice, and working with that pathetic mob the best he can , I reyt dont know what people want him to do Regards this 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

You do know the closure of the North Stand to POTD and the whole penistone road exit fiasco is solely down to SYPD , SAG and SCC 

He’s taking legal advice, and working with that pathetic mob the best he can , I reyt dont know what people want him to do Regards this 

he is doing what he can, but I was saying that must be another negative for dc to add to a growing list of things that aren't hunky dory at s6.

11 minutes ago, BowOwl said:

Comparing ourselves to Wolves is an exercise of extreme self-vanity and delusional másturbation.

Wolves spent several years stuck right down the bottom of the league making money every season. We've had to sell one of the most historic football grounds in the country to tread water.

Wolves have state-of-the-art training facilities and pitches. We have some glorified portacabins.

Wolves were bought by one of the richest owners in world football. We have a man whose wealth may or may not be entirely inherited from his family.

Wolves aligned themselves with a super-agent to attract some of the biggest young names in European football, including a teenager with Champions League experience. We aligned ourselves with recruiters that landed us such individuals as Urby Emmanuelson, David Jones and Modou Sougou.

Wolves have several lucrative sponsorship deals with reputable companies. We have the chairman's family name and a taxi service that never arrives.

We are in no way comparable, good grief no wonder our fanbase has a reputation for being egotistical. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Nilsson said:

Catering is an utter joke. Stadium needs some TLC.  Holding off on managerial appointment. Infrastructure investment doesn’t count for FFP so could be done.

Spent on team but had to tbh.

DC is comparatively quiet compared to previous seasons. Maybe he’s had enough and is treading water until he can sell?

I am sure if he could come out with profit yes but in reality no.

The stadium is such a problem spending money on it is like throwing good money .after bad. I think we would if promoted start planning move to new stadium in new location.

Think DC has also learned the less you say the less you can be criticised. 

Having said that some sort of statement about managerial position is long overdue and it is now important action is taken on that front.

8 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Comparing ourselves to Wolves is an exercise of extreme self-vanity and delusional másturbation.

Wolves spent several years stuck right down the bottom of the league making money every season. We've had to sell one of the most historic football grounds in the country to tread water.

Wolves have state-of-the-art training facilities and pitches. We have some glorified portacabins.

Wolves were bought by one of the richest owners in world football. We have a man whose wealth may or may not be entirely inherited from his family.

Wolves aligned themselves with a super-agent to attract some of the biggest young names in European football, including a teenager with Champions League experience. We aligned ourselves with recruiters that landed us such individuals as Urby Emmanuelson, David Jones and Modou Sougou.

Wolves have several lucrative sponsorship deals with reputable companies. We have the chairman's family name and a taxi service that never arrives.

We are in no way comparable, good grief no wonder our fanbase has a reputation for being egotistical. 

Yeah but we got to Wembley 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

So why are Wolves ahead of us in that respect.

I don't see Sheffield Wednesday and Wolves being poles apart in the grand scheme of things in terms of status and attraction. 

Wolverhampton is not some metropolis. Similar fan base levels. 

Ask why we can't be Wolves, not say we are not comparable. 

2 minutes ago, mkowl said:

So why are Wolves ahead of us in that respect.

I don't see Sheffield Wednesday and Wolves being poles apart in the grand scheme of things in terms of status and attraction. 

Wolverhampton is not some metropolis. Similar fan base levels. 

Ask why we can't be Wolves, not say we are not comparable. 

They've certainly made the better decisions over the last few years, but did gamble on promotion, which if it hadn't come off would have saddled them with huge debt and P&S breaches by now.

One might be forgiven for thinking that the events of the summer further cemented in DC’s own mind just how ruthless and lacking in loyalty this game of football is. The way he dealt with the Bruce situation was admirable and lauded by many.

However, I want to see this hard line continue and if the right calibre of manager isn’t available, go and get one already in a job, even if it means playing dirty - something that we really aren’t very good at on or off the pitch. That would be a real sign of intent.

Instead, we are drifting back to the passive, do nothing, attitude that preceded the departures of Carlos and Jos. The respect that DC built up over the summer will soon be lost if he doesn’t act soon.

41 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

It’s weird. Our fans have an unrealistic sense of entitlement yet whenever anyone points out where we are going wrong, someone pipes up with a comment about Richards, DA or the time we nearly went under. 

It’s almost like a group-wide mental illness. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Animis said:

They've certainly made the better decisions over the last few years, but did gamble on promotion, which if it hadn't come off would have saddled them with huge debt and P&S breaches by now.

They didn’t gamble at all, every transfer they made was calculated and improved the side which led them to promotion and having a very strong premier league squad. DC has thrown money about with no thought at all and now we’ve still got the squad we had 4 years ago pretty much. All being 4 years older with less drive to reach the top. We can’t refresh the squad totally as we’re crying out for because our players are not worth much and we can’t spend cos we’ve thrown it all away, plus we’re up **** creek financially culminating in selling Hillsborough which is a last resort and still only a short term fix. Chansiri has presided over an absolute shambles in terms of recruitment and finances. Needs experienced help fast if he’s in it for the long term 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

Why would he buy the stadium if he selling the club?, and who would buy the club and not the stadium?.

DC is a patient man, he has learned his lesson in football the hard way over the last 4 years, he is also a Loyal man and maybe giving Bullen the chance to show IF he can do the job, and not reacting with a knee jerk.

We have 40 games left, the Jan window to get players out and bring players in, what is the hurry for promotion this season?, even Bruce said it would be hard to achieve this season and would take a season or two.

Whoever is the manager now or in the future has a big rebuilding job on their hands, the midfield and strikers have been the largest problem in the team since the Carlos days, neither department has changed much in that time .

Probably about 13million reasons. Same every year we don't get promotion.

• Haha 1