Is the club for sale?

Catering is an utter joke. Stadium needs some TLC.  Holding off on managerial appointment. Infrastructure investment doesn’t count for FFP so could be done.

Spent on team but had to tbh.

DC is comparatively quiet compared to previous seasons. Maybe he’s had enough and is treading water until he can sell?

• Like 2

If I was DC I’d be looking for some co-investors at least to bring some new investment and ideas. North American professional sport investors or something like that. 

His family and advisers must be telling him to get out as club not moving forward.

I don’t understand why he doesn’t get some help round him. As things stand he’s not going to get his money back.

12 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I just see a professional football club being run in a way that is not commensurate with achieving success in the long term. 

Explain ... all summer getting us out of FFP soft embargo involving a 60 million resale of the ground exploiting a loophole still existing.

(MK move on he’s learned from his mistakes so don’t rehash “shouldn’t  of got to that in the first place” mantra /  hatred)

The start of trading of players people want to buy.

Summer highjacked by Bruce departure.

DC focussed on two established successful managers as possible replacements.

a good transfer window .. don’t tell me it wasn’t now it was for most of us when it closed. DC error not letting Rhodes go for free.

Our star player getting done by a hatchet job by the EFL (FA)  

SAG / SYP / Shef CC hatchet job on club diverting our attention way from some of the other stuff .. how the hell its DC fault I haven’t a clue as all other Chairman and resided over the same issues for last 4 decades!

A new stewarding arrangement brought about by the above again investment and time required.

Edited by dowls

22 minutes ago, Lord Nilsson said:

Catering is an utter joke. Stadium needs some TLC.  Holding off on managerial appointment. Infrastructure investment doesn’t count for FFP so could be done.

DC is comparatively quiet compared to previous seasons. Maybe he’s had enough and is treading water until he can sell?

You're probably right Nillson, but the valuation will be seriously lower if he doesn't appoint a decent manager soon 

And yes the catering is absolutely cr p 

Edited by Bluey9

Guest Kameron

Let’s hope so because he’s been a complete disaster, we are going nowhere whilst he is owner.

Edited by Kameron

I said commensurate with achieving long term success. 

All that is happening at the moment is standing still, papering the cracks on and off the pitch.

If we want to be mid table Championship and view that as success so be it. After 20 plus years of waiting I want to see a more concrete plan of where we are going, not accepting below standards on and off the pitch.

7 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I said commensurate with achieving long term success. 

All that is happening at the moment is standing still, papering the cracks on and off the pitch.

If we want to be mid table Championship and view that as success so be it. After 20 plus years of waiting I want to see a more concrete plan of where we are going, not accepting below standards on and off the pitch.

All that’s happening right now is addressing the immediate challenges ... Soft embargo, SAG restrictions, a manager walking .. short term stuff destroys your long term aims.. you know this full well!

Edited by dowls
  • Thanks 1

The whole club needs a spark - fans arrive quietly, sit quietly and leave quietly (via Penistone road, which is now quiet). There's little evidence on the pitch that the apathy of the last three years has been erased. The managers seem to resort to going back to the class of 2015 to play a system no one understands or can play.

The club is just treading water and DC's mortgaged the ground to himself to effectively fund mediocrity. It couldn't have been his plan surely - unless it gives him some prestige back in Thailand.

• Like 1

We’re all being asked to invest in the club (ticket prices etc) and presumably a managerial candidate is being asked to invest their efforts too. So where is the business plan? You’d hope we have one? What am I investing in?

Build up the academy?

3/5/7 year plan to go up?

Are we waiting for a top manager to come along?

It’s not right to be asked to invest in just a hit & hope strategy. That nearly worked in DC’s first year but is unlikely to do so now.

We need some coherent explanation of what the plan is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Wouldnt you say the main short term challenge is finding a manager?  If we have ambition the. We should have done this quickly and swiftly. 

From the outside looking in and if you take off our owls tinted specs, we are flip flopping and Hoping Bullen comes good.

We are now 7 games in and not a jot is being said by our owner or club about the management position. 

Not even a statement to say bullens in charge or he’s in charge until we make sure we get the right appointment. 

Im not going to get I to the debate about he’s learned his lessons because selling the ground for me leaves us in a precarious position if he ever does decide he’s had enough and was only reactive to save us from ffp. 

Its a mixture of short term issues.. there’s been a threat of closing the ground handing around us since the first home game of the season!

regards the selling of the ground .. it’s a technicality to avoid point deduction ... 

Regards manager none of us have a clue tbf what’s been done but if DC as his top 2 and they don’t want it .. he’s got to be careful on his next appointment!

There are still plenty of fans keen on Bullen - I am not and wasn’t ever - but it’s not black and white I can admit that.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dowls said:

All that’s happening right now is addressing the immediate challenges ... Soft embargo, SAG restrictions, a manager walking .. short term stuff destroys your long term aims.. you know this full well!

I am not sure we have defined long term aims.

The short termism created those problems that we are trying to sort in the short term. Vicious circle.

I don't think you can run a business like SWFC constantly fighting problems by yourself if you want to move forward

55 minutes ago, Lord Nilsson said:

Hopefully.