Westwood

15 minutes ago, Northanstonowl said:

I can’t believe I’m saying this but Westwood doesn’t look fantastic this season so far. Their first goal his positioning was poor. 

I also think Iorfa should have done more to cut out the pass. No convinced he’s a good centre half. 

Bit harsh on Westwood I think 

• Like 1

I would be on the verge of dropping him to be honest.

He takes far too long releasing the ball. He talks and shouts at his defenders when he should be releasing the ball to attack early. When he finally does release the ball they have 11 men behind the ball.

He has underperformed this season. And likewise with Bannan, he wasn't in the team on our best performance so far.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Northanstonowl said:

I can’t believe I’m saying this but Westwood doesn’t look fantastic this season so far. Their first goal his positioning was poor. 

I also think Iorfa should have done more to cut out the pass. No convinced he’s a good centre half. 

I can forgive Westy the odd bad game considering the number of points he has won us over the years, 

Been poor so far Westwood, you can forgive him the odd bad games though and am sure he’s hard enough on himself without needing us to join in 

Eventually I do think Dawson is going to get that number 1 jersey, KW has to stay fit because i think if he started missing games and Dawson gets in its going to get harder and harder to drop him back down to the bench 

Guest The Horse
7 hours ago, Manchester_Owl said:

He talks and shouts at his defenders when he should be releasing the ball to attack early. When he finally does release the ball they have 11 men behind the ball.

This.

Numerous times yesterday when Fox and Palmer were waving and calling for the ball in acres of space.

He just completely ignored them in favour of keeping The Westwood Show going. 

Fox and Palmer shook their heads in disbelief.

7 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

I can forgive Westy the odd bad game considering the number of points he has won us over the years, 

He not had a good 1 this season

8 hours ago, Northanstonowl said:

i can't believe you're saying it either 

There were lots of players at fault for the 1st goal Fox for losing the ball upfield, Hutch for getting drawn to a ball he could never win Iorfa for being a cabbage but Westy had no chance great movement from Hugill

• Like 1

I wouldn’t pick him out for the goals but I would question the time he takes to distribute the ball. 

It mirrors our slow slow tempo throughout. 

A few players seem to tell him so. 

The flip side of this is, I’d think twice about quickly giving it to our defenders 

1 hour ago, torres said:

I wouldn’t pick him out for the goals but I would question the time he takes to distribute the ball. 

It mirrors our slow slow tempo throughout. 

A few players seem to tell him so. 

The flip side of this is, I’d think twice about quickly giving it to our defenders 

He never has distributed the ball quickly. Bullen was screaming at him to do so yesterday, he ignored him.

Now we have a bit more pace upfront it's a real handicap. 

Top flight teams aren't afraid of the goalkeeper giving a quick punt upfield for a striker to latch on to, you see it on MOTD.

It won't happen for us while KW is goalkeeper.

14 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

He never has distributed the ball quickly. Bullen was screaming at him to do so yesterday, he ignored him.

Now we have a bit more pace upfront it's a real handicap. 

Top flight teams aren't afraid of the goalkeeper giving a quick punt upfield for a striker to latch on to, you see it on MOTD.

It won't happen for us while KW is goalkeeper.

I think your second sentence might be key pal