Sympathy for Bullen.

I honestly don't think I could have called this level of reaction coming in August after our miserable summer and 1st 2 league games, also in August. 

I feel for him, not because he's as inept as Carlos and Jos but more so that he's been thrown to the lions. It was unlikely to ever end well but good on him for being up for it. 

However, the fans appear to have made their mind up and from that point there's no going back. 

2 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

Football is uncompromising and brutal. He’s been in the game long enough to understand how Bruce has built the team and how that 433 system should be played (or any other system if he chooses to change it like he did today).  As I see it he’s let everyone down and I find that hard to have sympathy for. Maybe I’m not human enough.  He’ll probably still be in a job and doing what he’s good at working with the players.  Like you say he isn’t a manager and it’s time to stop this. 

Of course it's time to stop it. 

DC is the culprit though , not Bullen. 

DC drags his heels over every fecking decision. 

Bullen has just found himself in the role and tried his best. Obviously his best isn't close to good enough.. I just felt for him in today's interview that's all. 

38 minutes ago, Beholder said:

He was genuinely gutted in that post match interview. I felt for him. 

He's been such a loyal servant to this club.

But I think he knows and we know he is not the man for the job. 

Now it's time for to DC to be decisive. Something he hasn't got much form in.

But we desperately need him to take the lead and appoint a management team.  

Can't agree more, if Dc let's this go on two long it will ruin Bullen and he doesn't deserve that fate. 

Would also make things harder to just let him go back to being a coach and we'd possibly end up losing a very loyal club man. 

47 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

We knew and he knew after the Burton game many moons ago.

It wasnt meant to be 

Unfortunately Dc sees the cheaper option as the only option. Hopefully this is an eyeopener for him.

I think DC can be accused of a few things but taking the cheap option isn't usually one of them. I don't think the Carlos and Jos appointments were down to cost.

Guest Ferkorf
1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I think DC can be accused of a few things but taking the cheap option isn't usually one of them. I don't think the Carlos and Jos appointments were down to cost.

Sorry I was just using that 'cheap option' in this instance with the bullen situation not for the past 2 who were obviously down to bad advice which is even more scary.

More this season has gone on I think Chansiri has been happy to sit on his hands and see what happens.

I just pray it doesn't take more results like today for that to hit home because he did seem to take a long time to ditch carlos and jos or maybe it seemed like a long time because of the brutal performances lol

I feel sorry for him. After the downfall of Carlos, the disaster of Jos and the desertion of Bruce, he's been the one to pick up the pieces each time. But a manager he isn't. 

He's a coach. He's the one to put his arm round the players, the one to visit their homes when they're dropped, the one the players call Bully, not gaffer. 

When Bruce was here, things started to change and I'm not just talking about the team. There were changes at the training ground, changes to training methods, changes to personnel and it felt like DC was being guided in the right direction finally. 

Bullen has been trying to do the job pretty much single handedly with very little experience. His first few games were good, as they were when Jos left but then things went rapidly downhill. 

We need someone to come in with fresh ideas, who is not afraid to drop top players who are not performing. Someone who doesn't keep harping back to the same combinations and formations that have previously failed. Someone who has good ideas about how to change the club for the better, someone with good man management without being too 'matey' - a manager. If not, appoint a top coach and a sporting director. 

I love Bully and thank him for what he has done in difficult circumstances but he is not the man to take us to where we need to be. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Of course it's time to stop it. 

DC is the culprit though , not Bullen. 

DC drags his heels over every fecking decision. 

Bullen has just found himself in the role and tried his best. Obviously his best isn't close to good enough.. I just felt for him in today's interview that's all. 

DC certainly has to move now. I don’t think he’s spoilt for choice. I think I’m with a few on here who’d hand it to the guys at Lincoln. 

6 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Sorry I was just using that 'cheap option' in this instance with the bullen situation not for the past 2 who were obviously down to bad advice which is even more scary.

More this season has gone on I think Chansiri has been happy to sit on his hands and see what happens.

I just pray it doesn't take more results like today for that to hit home because he did seem to take a long time to ditch carlos and jos or maybe it seemed like a long time because of the brutal performances lol

Agree he's been a little slow to pul the trigger.

29 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

DC certainly has to move now. I don’t think he’s spoilt for choice. I think I’m with a few on here who’d hand it to the guys at Lincoln. 

It's very easy saying get the cowleys  from Lincoln, but in reality they have a vision, they have a plan and they may not want to manage us. Didn't they turn down west Brom?? 

It's easy saying get this manager or that one in, but like hughton it's not possible if they don't want to manage us. 

5 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

It's very easy saying get the cowleys  from Lincoln, but in reality they have a vision, they have a plan and they may not want to manage us. Didn't they turn down west Brom?? 

It's easy saying get this manager or that one in, but like hughton it's not possible if they don't want to manage us. 

I agree, like I said I don’t think we’re spoilt for choice.  I think Lincoln probably has a limit whereas I’d like to think we’re a premier club who’ve lost their way.  That doesn’t guarantee anything but Wolves and a few others have found their way back up eventually. It might just persuade the Cowleys. 

12 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

I agree, like I said I don’t think we’re spoilt for choice.  I think Lincoln probably has a limit whereas I’d like to think we’re a premier club who’ve lost their way.  That doesn’t guarantee anything but Wolves and a few others have found their way back up eventually. It might just persuade the Cowleys. 

Wolves brought in a foreign manager and bought the league. While a little nieve and foolish at times I don't think Dc has the bottle for that big a gamble again. 

Last time he spent really  big, we bought Rhodes and look how that turned out. 

Up until today I held the (I think) reasonable position that if we do QPR over then the international break would be a good time for DC and LB to talk sensibly about him having the job.

I now think he's shot it..

He's at best a Brian Kidd type shoulder to cry on..

No room in football for sentiment and being a manager way out of their depth , daft as it seems Waddle has had more experience in managing than Bullen has ,yet we wouldn't dream of appointing him ,we need someone with nous to get us up there , ie say someone with such a stalwart who has done the business as a mentor to a younger boss, who can pass on the methods of earning players respect , as a for instance say An up and coming manager from the lower leagues who has the fighting attitude and such as Megson (for want of a name ) to instil the traits of managing a side of pre madonna's lol  who turn up when they feel the need ,

Truth is football is a simple game if you are all on the same page ,but very hard when you are not as we are seeing as of now 

Guest LittleG
38 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Exactly this. We've been out of the top division 19 years; we may not be appealing as people think.